Handheld version for Andriod?

Hi

I was really excited when reading about a handheld version of FM for the smartphones, but just as quickly I was disappointed by the fact that it's not available on the andriod phones.

Any plans making an Andriod version? I mean it has a larger marketshare than iphone OS, and about half of all phones sold today is with android OS, so it would make sense to plan an introduction to that market.

I think this post should be in the Handheld General Discussion rather than Bugs Forum. If you have a look in there you will already find quite a lot of similar messages to what you have posted. Unfortunately Marc has already stated that there are 'currently' no plans for an Android version (this *may* change in the future).

The FMH team is only small and their resources are already stretched by the PSP and iOS versions.

Plus while it might have a larger marketshare, it also brings with it more device divergence and other complications. But the iOS vs Android debate is regardless anyway for the reasons above.

cheers for the answer, and yes should clearly have been in the general forum.

For me this is not really an iOS vs. Android issue, I was merely hoping that it would also come out on other platforms. I understand the issue with more devices and having to set up system requirements as on the pc, and that development takes longer on that note. But considering the larger market, I still hope they find themselves with the possibility of making an Android version.

Hopefully they will find themselves with ressources for both soon.

Archived