Chinese Foreign player rule - please explain

This may seem obvious to some but could you explain what it means with an example. I'm thinking of starting in China or at some point managing there in a journeyman game. :D thanks

Chinese Premier League rule :

There must be no more than 4 foreign players in the first 11

There must be no more than 3 foreign players in the first 11 (Not including Asian players)

You can have three foreign players from anywhere in the world, and an additional one from anywhere in Asia outside of China.

Edit: That's in the first 11 of course. You can have as many as you want in your squad but it would be a waste of money.

So for example, you could have three Brazilians and one Malaysian in the 11 on the pitch.

LOL okay I think I understand now.

I could have a Brazilian, Syrian, Cameroonian and then a player of an Asian country.

Thanks. Dont know why I couldnt understand that...this must be some good herb LOL

Yes but Syria is a part of the Asian federation so you could use that player as your one Asian foreign player.

This may seem obvious to some but could you explain what it means with an example. I'm thinking of starting in China or at some point managing there in a journeyman game. :D thanks

Chinese Premier League rule :

There must be no more than 4 foreign players in the first 11

There must be no more than 3 foreign players in the first 11 (Not including Asian players)

You can have 3 foreign players outside the AFC in the starting XI. You can have 4 foreign players provided at least one is from the AFC.

Oh, and get a decent Chinese GK. You have no choice but to get one. :p

Archived