Modric the genius.

90th minute of a match against Everton, 1-0 up with Everton threatening to equalise. Modric breaks away, runs through the whole team, does the last defender, rounds the keeper and is about to slide it into the net, when he kicks the ball out of play for Fellaini to recieve treatment!!

The most astonishing thing I've ever seen, did make me chuckle though. Imagine if someone did that!

Happened to anyone else?

Heh... Well it's one thing to do what Di Canio did.

It's a completely different thing to dibble the ball past everyone and have an empty net before you decide, 'hmm, maybe I should be nice and kick this out'. I mean why do all the work if you are just going to boot it out anyway.

I'd say it's just the AI being silly, not a serious issue just imagine the player booting the ball out before he does all the work.

90th minute of a match against Everton, 1-0 up with Everton threatening to equalise. Modric breaks away, runs through the whole team, does the last defender, rounds the keeper and is about to slide it into the net, when he kicks the ball out of play for Fellaini to recieve treatment!!

The most astonishing thing I've ever seen, did make me chuckle though. Imagine if someone did that!

Happened to anyone else?

Please upload it to YouTube ^^

It must be Everton.

By the way, that clip has to be the most overrated bit of sportsmanship ever! I mean, well done to Di Canio, but the way people harp on about it you'd swear it was a tap-in. He'd have had to pull off one of the greatest strikes of all time to hit that in from there!

By the way, that clip has to be the most overrated bit of sportsmanship ever! I mean, well done to Di Canio, but the way people harp on about it you'd swear it was a tap-in. He'd have had to pull off one of the greatest strikes of all time to hit that in from there!

I wouldn't be that extreme either way...

considering he caught it, a fairly basic header should have got the ball in, with no keeper just have to get it by the D and it would go in, wouldn't need any real power behind it.

But I'm sure it's a bit overrated.

I disagree. West Ham could've just kept possession and scored from anywhere in the Everton half. Instead Di Canio stopped an almost certain goal

I wouldn't be that extreme either way...

considering he caught it, a fairly basic header should have got the ball in, with no keeper just have to get it by the D and it would go in, wouldn't need any real power behind it.

But I'm sure it's a bit overrated.

There's two on the line and two surrounding di Canio, meaning he'd have to power a header into a top corner on the move as the cross is behind him, or take a touch without being tackled, shrug off two players and get a shot away.

Deffo overrated ^^ In my opinion it doesn't exactly erase his Nazi salutes during games :p

I disagree. West Ham could've just kept possession and scored from anywhere in the Everton half. Instead Di Canio stopped an almost certain goal

Again, complete fallacy - the cross is behind him, and he's surrounded by two players. He's not even necessarily favourite for the ball - his first touch would have had to have been Bergkamp-esque.

Archived