Young players refuse to go on loan!

Not sure if this is a bug so I'll stick it here for now. Even just to garner opinions.

I have quite a few youngsters (16-19 years old) who could do with some competitive football. However the bloated nature of the Celtic first team squad means I don't have room for them. I figured I'd send them on loan. Except I can't because they refuse to go.

I have a Belgian feeder and a English League 2 feeder, most won't sign for either. This is dispite a number of them having 'looking forward to first team action by going on loan' in their happiness sections.

I've also noticed it's quite difficult to get teams who are not affiliates interested in loaning my youngsters. You'd think that lower league Scottish clubs would be tripping over themselves when I offer the players out on loan but it doesn't happen.

So people, anyone else having the same problem or can anyone offer advice based on what they have done to get their players experience?

Had a similar situation with one new player on my team... 19-20 y/o and got a loan offer from a team one league lower then mine, new item said he would play on the first team, not be a backup. I accept the deal and the player refused to go on loan, even though he also said on his personal page 'looking to get first team exp by going on loan'. So just to try and get him off the roster I try to send him to an affiliate that's 2 leagues lower, and he accepted that.

Makes no sense that situation, none at all. this was also prior to 11.2.1, not sure if anything changed much in this respect. Never had any other issue loaning players out.

Archived