Does a players weight make any difference to how they play?

Well height has some connection to jumping, don't really know how closely connected but certainly taller players are always better in the air and shorter always have terrible jumping.

Weight on the other hand has nothing to do with anything, well aside from being higher for players with more strength, makes sense. But it's just fluff, has no real meaning I can imagine.

Well height has some connection to jumping, don't really know how closely connected but certainly taller players are always better in the air and shorter always have terrible jumping.

Weight on the other hand has nothing to do with anything, well aside from being higher for players with more strength, makes sense. But it's just fluff, has no real meaning I can imagine.

Actually I don't think height means anything either - it's solely dictated by Jumping and Heading.

They don't grow, at least not that I've ever noticed. Back in EHM we actually set up height/weight growth charts which Riz programmed in so that your 14 and 15 year old prospects would grow over time. Would be nice to see in FM since the code is somewhere in SI's vaults. On the original post, I don't think weight plays a role in the ME- seems like it should have a loose correlation to strength, and maybe it does, but it isn't obvious if so

Apparently height does have an influence. It determines when the player needs to jump.

So if a ball is played in 200cm off the ground. Crouch can head it without even jumping. I presume that makes them even more liekly to win it as they might not need to use their anticipation as much or something.

I think jumping still reflects maximum height obtainable though. Although maybe not, because that would mean there would have to be a minimum jumping stat for certain heights. IE. A 200cm would have to have at least 15 for jumping reagrdless or anything else.

I can't believe people still get this mixed up as it's been clarified countless times.

Height has no impact on the game other than determining a guideline jumping attribute for players (min/max) and probably a hard coded range for regens.

In the same way, I would expect weight to have no bearing either (other than perhaps similarly governing strength).

Actually, I've done some testing, and it appears height does play a part. Purely in when the player needs to jump for a header though, if a 150cm player has a jumping attribute of 20 and a 200cm player has a jumping attribute of 1, the 150cm player would win it every time.

I can't believe people still get this mixed up as it's been clarified countless times.

Height has no impact on the game other than determining a guideline jumping attribute for players (min/max) and probably a hard coded range for regens.

In the same way, I would expect weight to have no bearing either (other than perhaps similarly governing strength).

thats not clarification, just speculation.

and people obviously you can talk about whatever you want but my original questions was if weight actually means jack s**t in the game, i mean, would editing Carroll weight to be higher actaully make a difference. I would wager it wouldn't but anyway

Actually I don't think height means anything either - it's solely dictated by Jumping and Heading.

I just mean that taller players always have a higher jump and shorter players are always under 10 jumping... I know the actually calculations only use jumping and heading. But taller players have a naturally higher jumping skill no matter their age... which makes complete sense to be honest.

Edit:

Dude, that is an impact.. it's a very minor impact yes, but no impact means it's nothing but a number that looks good. If it's a guideline for jumping skill then it's impacting gameplay.

Archived