Match Engine Joke - 11.2 Cant Score In A Brothel

Tav

Im not wanting to be the guy who says "the game is broke, no way this is happening" but it has come to the point where something has to be said. Got all excited when the patch came out only to find the game still has big faults that is keeping it from being another epic time thief.

Il get to my point - My team wont/cant/try/attempt half heartly/or even accidently score! :(

Played 14 games in the league now as Man U after buying Andy Carroll and Arteta to add to the squad. I have two tactics that i have been slightly adjusting all season and technically i feel they are sound and well balanced.

The two formations are 4-4-2 and 4-5-1. The team are fluid in all aspects of the tactics and there seems to be no problems - untill i get on the pitch!

Here is some screens:

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/8584/fmarsenalhome.png

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8116/fmbirmaway.png

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2369/fmmancaway.png

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/6100/fmstokehome.png

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1487/fmasv.png

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/6042/fmbasel.png

To be fair i am still 2nd in the league and have only conceded 3 goals in 14 games. I do win games 2-0 some times but they are too rare for my liking. Any one else noticed anything strange with your scores?

I actually noticed this right away on an Everton save I have - I had 21 shots to Liverpools 3, and lost 1-0 ^^

To be honest, I was quite happy as the game was too easy in 11.1. Might be a bit too far in the other direction though.

Can you check the Match Analysis tool to see where your shots are coming from, because for me a lot of the shots are very central and saved by the 'keeper one-on-one, a lot like the old central problem with FM10.

Yeah alot are from one on ones straight down the middle of goal. Its not the same player everytime tho, Arteta, Rooney, Berba, Carroll, Nani all have equal bites at the cherry. I do agree the game is much better but this just annoys me. Iv had two great games where i won 5-0 against Valencia and 6-0 against W.B.A but the chances i made were around the same.

Tav im not sure what your problem could be i dont want to mention the old its your tactics debate because people take it wrong way sometimes :) but if you look at paulc soak test for 11.2 you'll see the ratio's on everything premeiership related are quite close to real life

honestly cant say I have your problem, and im playing as United so the comparison shouldn't be that far apart. I'd like to see some of your PKMs and also could upload screenshots of your tactics? Ive actually found my side cutting through teams more. but i know other people have talked about not scoring as well

Yeah alot are from one on ones straight down the middle of goal. Its not the same player everytime tho, Arteta, Rooney, Berba, Carroll, Nani all have equal bites at the cherry. I do agree the game is much better but this just annoys me. Iv had two great games where i won 5-0 against Valencia and 6-0 against W.B.A but the chances i made were around the same.

Whats your tactic tempo like. they could be snatching at their chances?

Playing control on both tactics. My wingers and striker are ATT mentality and get plenty of clear chances but just seem to miss to much. On my 4-4-2 i have a Deep Lying Berba playing support to ADV Roo. Both get chances but nothing exciting comes from it.

dazbowski how many CCC were you getting in them last 4 games? My problem is with the fact my team do create but dont execute. Wouldnt mind trying to change the way i play if i got the scores i did by playing bad but it seems im doing everything right.

dazbowski how many CCC were you getting in them last 4 games? My problem is with the fact my team do create but dont execute. Wouldnt mind trying to change the way i play if i got the scores i did by playing bad but it seems im doing everything right.

between 5 and 8. Got a big man and pacey striker combo. My scoring machine has a ppm of rounds keeper. I'll post his stats now.

That boy is a tank! Im going to keep trying with my tactics tweaking them along the way to hopefully get to a better level of goals a game scored. Still loving this patch compared to last one even tho i cant seem to score a deflection when before there was atleast one every two games for me. Struggling on

first league match i won 5-0 :s

maybe drop rooney as he never scores anyway ;)

I've already put Rooney second to Berbatov for the deep-lying forward position. Rooney always hits the ball too hard and misses. Chicharito and Macheda are way better finishers even though their attributes are lower than Rooney.

I find it funny that I can score two goals as Athletic Bilbao away against Real Madrid, yet you can't score away against Stoke :p

In all seriousness, tweak your tactics/use shouts. Seriously. Changing touchline shouts can make a difference- and that is rarely talked about on these boards.

Strangely for me, my team cannot score now either, so much so I've packed it in and started again from scratch.

Hope loading a completely new game with 11.2 will change my luck.

Really baffles me how this happens every year.

(I know, it's my unchanged tactics.....)

I've started a LLM game with Alfreton Town with the new patch and I'm finding it very easy compared to before, I've played 15, won 14, drawn 1, lost 0. I've also been scoring more goals with over 35 goals in those games. So I'm not seeing it TBH.

Just had another 0-0 draw at home to man city. 16 shots and 3 CCC all hit straight at the keeper. 2 from Roo and 1 from Berba. Seems like Roo cant place a shot under or at the side pf the keeper all he tries to do is break the net everytime he is through on goal. Hernandes got 2 easier games for me and scored 5! Seems to be a problem with 'Shoots with Power' move. More investigating is getting done...

Just had another 0-0 draw at home to man city. 16 shots and 3 CCC all hit straight at the keeper. 2 from Roo and 1 from Berba. Seems like Roo cant place a shot under or at the side pf the keeper all he tries to do is break the net everytime he is through on goal. Hernandes got 2 easier games for me and scored 5! Seems to be a problem with 'Shoots with Power' move. More investigating is getting done...

Rooney is a good finisher for me, but he plays better at a lower to pick his power shots better, i also focused on his composure. The issue, in my opinion anyway, is the PPM

I should add he scores more in the support role than the attack role for me (complete forward in case you want to know)

W.B.A at home playing my really attacking 4-4-2. Won it 2-0 with Evans scoring two goals from corners. Had 25 shots and 5 CCC where none were scored and only had 6 Long range shots. Something isnt right when i get a chance one on one. I do feel my team miss 75% of them

There are definitely a lot more shots in 10.2 than in 10.11, and the players are using their weaker foot a lot more often resulting in embarrassing shots. Robinho a player with 19 technique and fairly good weaker foot regularly shoots 5 meters wide from a situation closer than a penalty it's really fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Really looking at the original post the number of shots may be high but the number of clear cut chances is not. The most obvious example is the Stoke screenshot, 26 shots, 2 clear cut chances, 1-0 win. Which frankly implies you tell your players to shoot whenever they're even remotely near the box leading to a lot of quite tame efforts.

• Administrators

If you have any examples and pkms of teams missing chances or errors in the Match Engine, please take the time to raise the issue in the relevant place of the bugs forum so we can investigate it. PKMs (which are matches which have been saved in the game) can be found in My Documents -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2011 -> matches

Thanks.

Thought id have a look at where its all going wrong, here are the stats so far -

33 games played and only 55 goals scored. 598 shots 220 on target that comes to 18.12 SHOTS PER GAME 6.67 ON TARGET

CLEAR CUT CHANCES - 117

I have had two own goals from the other team and have not had a deflected goal as far as im aware of.

Been using two differnt formations with an Attacking and Control Mentality.

Roo 17 goals for 162 shots (10% ish) but has 66 shots on target (40%)

Something nor right with rooney! :confused:

Thought id have a look at where its all going wrong, here are the stats so far -

33 games played and only 55 goals scored. 598 shots 220 on target that comes to 18.12 SHOTS PER GAME 6.67 ON TARGET

CLEAR CUT CHANCES - 117

I have had two own goals from the other team and have not had a deflected goal as far as im aware of.

Been using two differnt formations with an Attacking and Control Mentality.

Roo 17 goals for 162 shots (10% ish) but has 66 shots on target (40%)

Something nor right with rooney! :confused:

TBH your ratio for goals to CCCs is far from bad as you are scoring one goal for every two CCCs created.

Reading between the lines I suspect you suffer from a common problem which is seen on the forums - your tactic suffers badly when playing a team that keep men behind the ball and defend deep.

I suspect your tactic is a quick, direct, aggressive one with many players on an attacking mentality. This would work fairly well in an open game where the opposition are also attacking but against opposition that sits behind the ball then counter attacks its a bit like banging your head against the wall at least until you score.

You need to balance your team so you have a mixture of players on defence, attack & support and drag the opposition out of position by working the ball more rather than just kicking it towards goal. This is done by lowering the mentality, giving your players more time on the ball and widening the play.

I have a balanced team, i know it seems like 55 goals for 117 CCC is fine but where do my world class players score the non tap ins? Surely 15 or so goals came from a non CCC situation.

My 4-5-1 Control tactic is as follows

FB's Support

DC's Defend

DMC Defend

ADV PM Support

BOX TO BOX OR CENTRAL MID Support

WINGER Attack

INSIDE FWD Attack

COMPLETE FWD Support

I know how to make a tactic and get it to work on all fronts. My tactic for FM 10 is a monster! Just seems when Roo/Carroll/Berba get one on one they will miss 75% of the time.

I have a balanced team, i know it seems like 55 goals for 117 CCC is fine but where do my world class players score the non tap ins? Surely 15 or so goals came from a non CCC situation.

My 4-5-1 Control tactic is as follows

FB's Support

DC's Defend

DMC Defend

ADV PM Support

BOX TO BOX OR CENTRAL MID Support

WINGER Attack

INSIDE FWD Attack

COMPLETE FWD Support

I know how to make a tactic and get it to work on all fronts. My tactic for FM 10 is a monster! Just seems when Roo/Carroll/Berba get one on one they will miss 75% of the time.

Definitely far better than I expected :thup:

You've already identified in your earlier post that perhaps the main issue is perhaps with Rooney rather than your tactic and could be an avenue to explore - Morale ok? Opposition manager targeting him pre-match with comments? Opposition targeting him during the match (tight marking, hard tackling, no time on the ball)?

Its never easy without seeing the tactic in action but at first glance I have a few comments:

A) I presume Rooney is the "Inside Forward" on attack although I suppose he could be the "Complete Forward"

B) Whoever is the "Inside Forward" seems to be the only player making runs into shooting positions. I know the winger is also on attack but he'll probably stick fairly wide.

C) Looks very bunched just outside the box with the complete forward, playmaker & MC/BTB looking to play in similar areas.

Against defensive minded teams I would probably look to get another player making runs into the box, ultimately this would have to be one of the two MCs.

Archived