match engine upgrade, for or against (all opinions)

i know its been mentioned before but i think we should just clear up who would like to see the look upgraded. NOT 3d, no gimmicky rubbish but just a bit more detail on the players, more shadow, maybe a slight tilt on the view. i think this would take the game to a new level and would allow you to see better when the keeper makes a great save, when a player dribbles past an opponent etc. for me the match is the best part of the game!!

Originally posted by arseneknows:

A screenshot:-

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff185/udispc/players.jpg

ok discovered the graphics thread. something along the lines of this is surely better. a step forward.

Things like that are already available for download. Personally i'd rather download it and if it didn't work out get rid of it than have it implemented and look bad or need fixing.

Originally posted by GoodIdea:

I wouldnt mind the game being on a slight angle, so I can get the feel for the depth of a pass, or how a goal is scored.

it sounds like a small pointless matter but it really does give you much more of a feel for whats going on. even on champ man they have tried this and it is an improvement.

It would make absolutely no difference to the game, no matter how good the graphics are.

If they fixed the things that let FM08 down - such as the transfer system, confidence issues, press interraction, etc - THEN I'll welcome better and more impressive graphics.

Originally posted by arseneknows:

it sounds like a small pointless matter but it really does give you much more of a feel for whats going on. even on champ man they have tried this and it is an improvement.

Is it really though? This years Champ was apparently full of bugs which they refused to even bother bringing a patch out for in the end. This feature might have looked good in the first few games you played using it but once you've played a lot of matches you'll just end up with finding a lot of problems with it. I'd like to hear from anyone who's genuinely given CM08 a fair go ( I haven't incidentally). Is the match representation on CM08 actually better than the one being used on FM08? Or does it look good at first but in fact turns out to be rubbish after a few weeks gameplay?

I have to agree with Backpackant, I'd like to see some core gameplay improved before looking towards a revamped match display. There are plenty of things that could improve this game a lot more than a fancy match display imo.

disagree with a tilted view personally, as soon as you tilt the view you MUST have 3d players of some degree to make it look remotely right or plausible if you take my meaning. therefore you end up with a 3d match engine which i feel is pointless trying to do whilst other areas of the game need improving.

as soon as you tilt the view you MUST have 3d players of some degree to make it look remotely right or plausible

It's still a 2D engine, if the perspective is right then no 3D has to be introduced.

Archived