Getting a team when starting unemployed

In my last save I was Hearts but since the patch has come out I have decided to abandon it. Since I have installed the patch I have restarted and wanting to start unemployed with an automatic rating. I have never taken this approach before and wondered how long it is until a job application is successful and what level of clubs I should be aiming at applying for with the rating I selected.

And also is there a way of stopping the processing when it is carried out as there are a number of jobs that come up but by the time its stopped as it seems to go on for a week, they could have gone before I have applied

This is different to 2010 due to the long time taken in offering a position. In 2010 version one was offered something appropriate to your management experience, normally in the first week, or so. This version takes an age to offer anything, even if one starts with "international footballer" status. I see jobs offered to lesser experienced managers all the time. In fact the couple of times I started unemployed, I eventually gave them up through boredom.

Come to think about it, what is the point of leaving the player hanging out to dry while the game goes on without the principal user taking part. It makes no sense!

This is likely not a "bug," but it is a "bugger!"

im finding it hard to get a job with the newest patch 2 seasons have went past and i seem too get turned down for all the jobs they laugh at me i start unemployed (sunday league manager) so i stopped it started semi pro seems like its going the same way my rep is national as well i mind on patch 11.1.1 on sunday league manager one time i got offered the motherwell job after holidaying a season before that i got offered portsmouth which i quit cause i felt it wasnt right but no dam its hard to get a job

I've been quite lucky with my career.

Started unemployed. Got the Nottingham Forest job in late October. Got them Promoted first season. Then after about 10 games in the Premiership Arsenal offered me the job. So I am now Arsenal manager. Nobody ever wants me now though. Even teams in lower divisions wont take me. Im not even on big wages.

Most of the time I start unemployed. It can take a bit before you get offered a job. Just load a few countries incl. their lowest leagues and after 3-4 months you should be able to get a job offer. Thats about the time boards lose their patience with managers that don't perform well, so they get sacked and you could get the job.

Also, I go on holiday to bridge that 3-4 month gap, but I leave the option of applying for any job on, and also check the option of returning from holiday when you get offered a position. So you don't miss out on anything.

anyone got any idears i prefer starting unemployed sunday league and go on holiday apply for all the jobs but none are coming up even team like york city are laughing at me cant even get a 3rd div scottish club either i dont wanna holiday like 4seasons before someone wants me dont mind 1or 2 seasons this new patch has defo made things impossible hotfix would be great

Most of the time I start unemployed. It can take a bit before you get offered a job. Just load a few countries incl. their lowest leagues and after 3-4 months you should be able to get a job offer. Thats about the time boards lose their patience with managers that don't perform well, so they get sacked and you could get the job.

Also, I go on holiday to bridge that 3-4 month gap, but I leave the option of applying for any job on, and also check the option of returning from holiday when you get offered a position. So you don't miss out on anything.

yes i do same earlier patches 11.1.1 was fine try and do it with the new patch see how hard it is

On 11.1.1 I started at Arsenal with Int. experience level, completely destroyed the team intentionally by selling every decent player and buying loads of crap for far more money than they'll ever have, then resigned. A bit later Roma fired Ranieri (they are #9 in the league or so) after I said I'd like the job, and then I applied for it and they hired me. Not sure yet if I wanna destroy them too. :D

(I'd never start a fresh game unemployed as I'd miss out on the first transfer window, my favourite FM occupation. But I'm okay with adding further managers as unemployed.)

Archived