What is most important in running a large number of leagues?

both imo. my first fm08 save was with juve, with england, spain, portugal, france, germany & holland. i whizzed through the first year, but the second created a much larger gamesave file and took 3 times longer to process. i was getting the odd virtual memory message quite often.

when 8.0.1 came out, i started with athletico madrid with italy, france and germany loaded, + argentina and brazil background leagues. i had upgraded my RAM after the juve save to 1250MB RAM, and it was much faster processing matches and responding to clicks. i have an AMD 2900+ (2GHz) which ran Half Life 2 with few problems.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

I think it depends on how far you wish to progress into the game. After 20 seasons with 1GB, my system was "running dangerously low on RAM". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

have you try to compress your save game? i was told that the game will run smooth with this option if you are running a long career game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andyinuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

I think it depends on how far you wish to progress into the game. After 20 seasons with 1GB, my system was "running dangerously low on RAM". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

have you try to compress your save game? i was told that the game will run smooth with this option if you are running a long career game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm running 3GB now, so I never tried that. I would have thought compressing the save game would only save on HardDrive space though? Correct me if I'm wrong icon_smile.gif

Archived