Unbelievable! Still not fixed!!! (Refers to 11.2)

Ok, I have reported this bugs weeks and weeks ago in the bugs forum, but got no response. There has been numerous threads in here, yet I think I can only recall one response from SI. Yet, after installing the new patch I still cannot get a job despite having a World Class reputation and significant success.

In 3 seasons as Hibs Manager I won everything domestically, including 2 league titles and 4 domestic cups. I also won a Euro Cup, which is quite an achievement for a team of Hib's stature. I then as Scotland manager won the European Championship and quit Hibs. Took forever to get a job and that was down in the Championship with a pish poor Sheff Utd team. In my half season with them I got them promoted through the playoffs and then decided to apply for other jobs. Each and every one I was laughed at, or not even considered in with a chance of getting. I decided that a career game was pretty much pointless, as me having a World class reputation did me no favours when clubs like Newcastle were appointing nobodies from League 1 rather than me.

I decided to wait for the patch after reporting the issue, along with MANY others. To my delight I saw that the patch was available yesterday, I installed it and loaded up my old Hibs game. I quit as Sheff Utd and declared my interest in some struggling clubs in the English Prem, Serie A and La Liga. I get told that I was not even in consideration. Lets be clear here... I am not talking about the likes of Sevilla or Liverpool struggling. I am talking about Bologna and Stoke. Nothing has changed!

What is the point of starting up a career game in a country with a lower reputation with the aim of working your way up like Mourinho when you cannot even get a proper job after some superb success? What is the point of having a 'World Class' reputation when clubs appoint people with national reputations, or that you get laughed at by chairmen from 'little' clubs for declaring an interest?

The game is now in my opinion pointless and unplayable, unless I start off with Real Madrid or the like. Seriously disappointed SI.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Ok, I have reported this bugs weeks and weeks ago in the bugs forum, but got no response. There has been numerous threads in here, yet I think I can only recall one response from SI. Yet, after installing the new patch I still cannot get a job despite having a World Class reputation and significant success.

In 3 seasons as Hibs Manager I won everything domestically, including 2 league titles and 4 domestic cups. I also won a Euro Cup, which is quite an achievement for a team of Hib's stature. I then as Scotland manager won the European Championship and quit Hibs. Took forever to get a job and that was down in the Championship with a pish poor Sheff Utd team. In my half season with them I got them promoted through the playoffs and then decided to apply for other jobs. Each and every one I was laughed at, or not even considered in with a chance of getting. I decided that a career game was pretty much pointless, as me having a World class reputation did me no favours when clubs like Newcastle were appointing nobodies from League 1 rather than me.

I decided to wait for the patch after reporting the issue, along with MANY others. To my delight I saw that the patch was available yesterday, I installed it and loaded up my old Hibs game. I quit as Sheff Utd and declared my interest in some struggling clubs in the English Prem, Serie A and La Liga. I get told that I was not even in consideration. Lets be clear here... I am not talking about the likes of Sevilla or Liverpool struggling. I am talking about Bologna and Stoke. Nothing has changed!

What is the point of starting up a career game in a country with a lower reputation with the aim of working your way up like Mourinho when you cannot even get a proper job after some superb success? What is the point of having a 'World Class' reputation when clubs appoint people with national reputations, or that you get laughed at by chairmen from 'little' clubs for declaring an interest?

The game is now in my opinion pointless and unplayable, unless I start off with Real Madrid or the like. Seriously disappointed SI.

It's something we'll look at for a future patch, if you could log your issue in the bugs forum (link here), this would be appreciated. Please upload your save to our FTP so we can take a look.

Cheers.

It's something we'll look at for a future patch, if you could log your issue in the bugs forum (link here), this would be appreciated. Please upload your save to our FTP so we can take a look.

Cheers.

Thanks for the reply, but to be fair I have already reported it, along with lots of others. I've uploaded the saved game to the ftp. Won't hold my breath though.

Thats bad news. Means career games are unplayable. How can they get away with releasing games that simply dont work as they should?! It's like releasing a game thats blatantly not working and use the PAYING customers as beta testers. No game is ever any use until the 3rd patch. Unbelievable

Thats bad news. Means career games are unplayable. How can they get away with releasing games that simply dont work as they should?! It's like releasing a game thats blatantly not working and use the PAYING customers as beta testers. No game is ever any use until the 3rd patch. Unbelievable

Kind of agree. The bug could be overlooked I guess as it takes a while to get a World Class rep in a 'lower' ranked nation, however the fact it was reported by myself a good three weeks ago and is still not fixed is not acceptible. Just means there is little point in playing the game unless you are starting off in England, Italy or Spain and you aspire to manage there. Due to the way i want to play the game, I found this bug far far more destructive than the transfer system bug.

I absolutely love FM and think SI have continually done an excellent job with the series - however, I completely agree with the point you've made that I've bolded and I am absolutely convinced the game has been released on a SEGA profit timetable rather than anything else, with a reliance on the patch system to finish the game.

We're definitely, definitely Beta testing FM11 - and it's the most blatant premature release of a game in the series yet. It's massive disappointing as I buy the game solely for career saves and often writing up fantasy stories based on my career in FM...

It isn't true guys, I went from Den Bosch, starting unemployed to Spartak Moscow and while I was there got offers from Fiorentina and Lyon which I didn't take. All of this with Serbian nationality and a semi-pro rep and on the 11.1.1 patch, so please don't tell me it's not possible.

i hope this isnt true as im currently building my rep in Belgium.

Can you do us a favour and keep us updated on how you do? I was about to start a game in a lower rep league to progress "up the ladder", but if this latest issue is really true I can't be bothered ^^

It isn't true guys, I went from Den Bosch, starting unemployed to Spartak Moscow and while I was there got offers from Fiorentina and Lyon which I didn't take. All of this with Serbian nationality and a semi-pro rep and on the 11.1.1 patch, so please don't tell me it's not possible.

Strange... perhaps it's just Scotland? I know there was an issue with the dynamic league rep with Scotland so perhaps the OP's issue is linked to that...

It's not possible.

joking I hope your right because I like games where I work my way up the footballing ladder.

Strange... perhaps it's just Scotland? I know there was an issue with the dynamic league rep with Scotland so perhaps the OP's issue is linked to that...

Well i've not heard of the issue regarding Scotland's dynamic league rep, however if I have my own rep up to world class, surely it can't be linked to the dynamic league rep (but what do i know - lol)

Perhaps the issue is not fixed when I continue a saved game. Maybe the issue is not present when starting a new game. But hey, i'm not going to waste hours, no days, winning it all again only to get laughed at by Stoke's chairman.

• Administrators
Well i've not heard of the issue regarding Scotland's dynamic league rep, however if I have my own rep up to world class, surely it can't be linked to the dynamic league rep (but what do i know - lol)

Perhaps the issue is not fixed when I continue a saved game. Maybe the issue is not present when starting a new game. But hey, i'm not going to waste hours, no days, winning it all again only to get laughed at by Stoke's chairman.

We'd appreciate save games with this issue if you have them and you should really blatantly be getting a job elsewhere.

If you can put some on the FTP this can get looked at. Cheers.

After playing 2 seasons in the MLS I've had 2 teams offer me jobs. One in the MLS and one in the Italian second league (forget the name). Jobs offered, not applied for.

I also had Australia -offer- me their top teams boss spot. Not the greatest national team, but better then nothing.

I don't think it's all that bad the job system. It's just tighter then it was in FM10. Think it's more realistic.

Edit: my managers rep is only continental... maybe league rep plays a bigger part then we know if lower league coaches are the ones having hard times getting jobs.

We'd appreciate save games with this issue if you have them and you should really blatantly be getting a job elsewhere.

If you can put some on the FTP this can get looked at. Cheers.

I have uploaded one saved game and created a thread in the bugs forum. Happy to upload earlier versions of the game in needs be.

• Administrators
I have uploaded one saved game and created a thread in the bugs forum. Happy to upload earlier versions of the game in needs be.

Thank you, it seems a bit of a difficult one this, since it's something that some seem to be experiencing and not others. Will take a look though. Cheers.

After playing 2 seasons in the MLS I've had 2 teams offer me jobs. One in the MLS and one in the Italian second league (forget the name). Jobs offered, not applied for.

I also had Australia -offer- me their top teams boss spot. Not the greatest national team, but better then nothing.

I don't think it's all that bad the job system. It's just tighter then it was in FM10. Think it's more realistic.

Edit: my managers rep is only continental... maybe league rep plays a bigger part then we know if lower league coaches are the ones having hard times getting jobs.

Well I had a World class rep and should be considered for jobs perhaps not at the level of of Real and Man U, but certainly top division teams, yet all I get is second/third division teams.

There was someone else who won the Champions League 3 times with Benfica, quit and then couldnt get a top (ish) job anywhere. Hardly realistic to me!

TBH, I might be in the minority, but it was quite easy to do well at get a good job once your successful. It's a little frustrating since it is different than FM10, but like Martyr said it is more realistic.

And I wouldn't even care about rep. It's a little deceiving imo. In the older FMs when I was continental in North America, I was only national in Europe. Which is realistic to an extent, since I shouldn't be automatically known to the entire European continent unless I really won a lot in North America, or won the FIFA CWC.

Getting a better job is not about rep, but about how well do you at a particular club and the league's reputation where you won all those trophies. Winning an SPL title doesn't mean you're going to get a good EPL job, because of the rep difference between the EPL and SPL.

TBH, I might be in the minority, but it was quite easy to do well at get a good job once your successful. It's a little frustrating since it is different than FM10, but like Martyr said it is more realistic.

And I wouldn't even care about rep. It's a little deceiving imo. In the older FMs when I was continental in North America, I was only national in Europe. Which is realistic to an extent, since I shouldn't be automatically known to the entire European continent unless I really won a lot in North America, or won the FIFA CWC.

Getting a better job is not about rep, but about how well do you at a particular club and the league's reputation where you won all those trophies. Winning an SPL title doesn't mean you're going to get a good EPL job, because of the rep difference between the EPL and SPL.

Oh I agree about winning the SPL title. Look at Strachen going to Middlesbrough. However, I won the league with Hibs, not Celtic or Rangers. Also, I won the Euro Cup with Hibs, which should give me more respect than doing so with a team like Liverpool. I also won the European Championship with Scotland, again should have given me more respect than with an Italy, or Spain. And I wasn't chasing a good EPL job, simply an EPL job would have done. Newcastle appointing someone from league 1 over me was ridiculous, not realistic. Stoke's chairman laughing at my declaration was ridiculous, not realistic.

In the example I mentioned: Den Bosch > Spartak > offers from Fiorentina & Lyon, I made my first move with a national rep. After I won my first title with Spartak, I became a continental manager, but it wasn't until I had success in the CL that I got those 2 big offers. And by success I mean a quarter final.

With Den Bosch btw, I didn't win any prize, just got promoted, finished 11th the season after that and 4th when I left for Spartak. IMO a bit too easy, but definitely proof that it's not happening in every game.

Oh I agree about winning the SPL title. Look at Strachan going to Middlesbrough. However, I won the league with Hibs, not Celtic or Rangers. Also, I won the Euro Cup with Hibs, which should give me more respect than doing so with a team like Liverpool. I also won the European Championship with Scotland, again should have given me more respect than with an Italy, or Spain. And I wasn't chasing a good EPL job, simply an EPL job would have done. Newcastle appointing someone from league 1 over me was ridiculous, not realistic. Stoke's chairman laughing at my declaration was ridiculous, not realistic.

Scotland winning european championship not realistic ;)

In the example I mentioned: Den Bosch > Spartak > offers from Fiorentina & Lyon, I made my first move with a national rep. After I won my first title with Spartak, I became a continental manager, but it wasn't until I had success in the CL that I got those 2 big offers. And by success I mean a quarter final.

With Den Bosch btw, I didn't win any prize, just got promoted, finished 11th the season after that and 4th when I left for Spartak. IMO a bit too easy, but definitely proof that it's not happening in every game.

Slightly different situation as I'd suggest the league rep of Russia is not on a par with Italy, Spain or England tbf. Had you moved to a low EPL, Serie A or La Liga team then I would agree with you.

Hmm Bearsy, I got a job offer from Fiorentina but declined as I was happy at Spartak. Pretty big club from a top 5 league. While Lyon is bigger than most second tier teams from the top 3 leagues. If I took either of these jobs I could have ended up at an absolute top team and it would have been a solid career.

I'm starting a new one though, will report back if I notice any issues.

I hope sarcasm was used in this thread, waiting ages for a job isnt game breaking, still very playable, stop sooking over it. Sure its dissapointing but it doesnt ruin teh game totally

It actually does if you're of the mind of wanting to climb a career ladder through various clubs. For example, starting in Singapore, moving to a minor European league after success there, then moving to say Holland, winning the Dutch cup, moving to France, qualifying for the Europa League, taking up a mid-table England job, winning the league, taking the Real Madrid/Barcelona job and thinking "yay!" ^^

Basically it's called "careering". Not everyone wants to take Real Madrid from the start of the game. :) Sure, the game is still playable but if the ability to progress up the ladder isn't there then it's a major put-off for many.

I really can not see why people are arguing against the OP here.

Managers like MoN,Smith and McLeish moved to Premiership teams and they were managing either the Old Firm teams or defeated but proud Scotland teams.

OP is managing Hibs winning everything on a domestic level but also in Europe and also won the EU Championship with Scotland....lets keep it real here...this guy if it was in real life(what a sim should be)would have has choice of jobs in top leagues all over the world,he would be on his 3rd or 4th door by now with people knocking on it.

OP, what nationality are you in the game? I know it shouldn't matter but i've seen this on various FM's where regardless of your rep and what you have won, it can be very difficult to get jobs in certain leagues if you have a certain nationality.

We shouldn't write off the whole game as impossible to move jobs full stop as there could be more to it... Fair enough if you are world class nationality shouldn't matter, but i've seen this happen in previous games...

OP, what nationality are you in the game? I know it shouldn't matter but i've seen this on various FM's where regardless of your rep and what you have won, it can be very difficult to get jobs in certain leagues if you have a certain nationality.

We shouldn't write off the whole game as impossible to move jobs full stop as there could be more to it... Fair enough if you are world class nationality shouldn't matter, but i've seen this happen in previous games...

Again this would be a bug in the game and should be addressed,there have been managers that have came to the EPL that could not speak English,the national coach I think knew the words "hello" and "thank you" when he 1st took over.

If this is the problem then you it should be fixed.

Again this would be a bug in the game and should be addressed,there have been managers that have came to the EPL that could not speak English,the national coach I think knew the words "hello" and "thank you" when he 1st took over.

If this is the problem then you it should be fixed.

Like i said, nationality shouldn't matter and yeah this still would be a bug, but what i'm trying to say is that everyone may not be experiencing this issue.

Like i said, nationality shouldn't matter and yeah this still would be a bug, but what i'm trying to say is that everyone may not be experiencing this issue.

I know what you were saying mate but I do find when you said "We shouldn't write off the whole game as impossible to move jobs full stop as there could be more to it".Is an easy cop out for SI.

I have written this a few times but there are quite a few players out there that do not check forums,maybe they are from Scotland,the middle east,or indeed anywhere in the world and I think when they see the "nationality" they select there own with no thoughts that it will determine there entire game.

If this is the case then it is a massive over site from SI and I would go as far as to say worthy of a hotfix.

It actually does if you're of the mind of wanting to climb a career ladder through various clubs. For example, starting in Singapore, moving to a minor European league after success there, then moving to say Holland, winning the Dutch cup, moving to France, qualifying for the Europa League, taking up a mid-table England job, winning the league, taking the Real Madrid/Barcelona job and thinking "yay!" ^^

Basically it's called "careering". Not everyone wants to take Real Madrid from the start of the game. :) Sure, the game is still playable but if the ability to progress up the ladder isn't there then it's a major put-off for many.

well if its realism you want, we'd never be thought of for any job.

I've always said you have to buy this game in Feb the following year, yet I always seem to buy it on release day ;o) I will never buy this game again on release day and will wait till the last patch. Its so frustrating and a complete waste of time

WOW

They should change the name of this game. Take the manager part out. Just call it Football 2011

...or football beta tester 2011...

I did non encounter the problem myself, but I noticed that the bigger teams are not looking to hire me while having success with a lower league club - for sure much less that it was the case with FM2010

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

I don't get this problem? I play with patch 11.1 and I have played two career games so far.

Game 1:

Started unemployed

FC Køln

Blackburn

Lorient

Game 2:

FC Nordsjælland

Standard Liege

Hoffenheim

Liverpool (I quit from Hoffenheim, then told Liverpool I was interested if Benitez got fired, then they fired him and asked me)

(I start with "auto" reputation)

Just a question Zsolt, with what experience did you start your unemployed game? 'Automatic', 'Sunday league footballer'? Seems unreal to start a career at 1FC Köln or Nordsjaelland (which are in the top flight if I'm not mistaken).. O soory, I see you started 'Automatic' I see now. Only highest level competitions loaded then?

I started my save as a clubless dutch manager with no experience (Automatic). Didn't have too much trouble getting a dutch job in the lowest league I loaded (4th tier), which was to be expected. But when I won that division with ease (15 points clear) and won the dutch amateur cup aswell, my rep went to 'regional' and I tried getting a job abroad, showing interest in maybe 20 clubs of equal or lower (and even much lower) stature. Laughed at by all. So I tried to quit the job (there was a rumour here that you couldnt get jobs while still employed), went on holiday and applied to all available jobs. That took a couple of months, and more than 50 applications were turned down, from finnish 2nd division, norwegian 3rd, belgian 3rd, scottish 4th and even a lot of english 8th tier clubs.

Maybe realistic in the real world. I cant see a virtually unknown manager of a dutch amateur side ever getting a job in the Isthmian league in real life, but still, in Holland I would expect some interest from similar or clubs one league up from mine. And even 6th, 7th or 8th tier clubs in england would read in my cv that I won things at a higher level, so they could dicide to offer me the job. "Hmm, we can choose from some english managers here, all sucked at this (or lower) level or no managerial experience at all, or this dutch bloke here that applied to the job. Never heard of the bugger, but it says here he got a pretty mediocre team to a championship and cup win in a competition better than ours and has a regional rep because of that. Which would we choose? Could be the new Guus Hiddink.."

Eventually one english 8th tier club offered me a contract and I decided to take it, which brought my career back to zero really. I'm afraid my career ends here as I imagine only clubs of this level will take me, if any will in the first place. Or I have to take this club through 7 promotions, but thats not how I like to play my FM. I usually stay at a club for 2 to 4 seasons max and then look for new challenges in another league or country, hopefully climbing my way up to a high profile club and into europe. This seems impossible now with this bug in mind.

I was hopefull this bug would be tackled in 11.2, but it isnt according to Lucas Weatherby. And I agree lots of people have adressed this problem for weeks at this forum. Minor bugs which I hadnt even noticed háve been tackled, but this major bug seems to have been forgotten. Very very disappointing to say the least... As I said before: A game killer..

What does automatic actually mean? Is that then based on your country of origin largely? I played a FM10 game where one of us chose automatic/Wolfsburg and the entire time players were whining OH NO MY MANAGER IS TOO LOW-PROFILE. So to me, automatic was broken in FM10. Is it less broken now?

And yeah, we're all waiting for the OP to tell us his past experience setting and most importantly his nationalities.

I agree with you. They should release the game a week before christmas.

• Administrators

So far, only bearsy has given me a save to look at. It's all well and good saying you're unhappy with this issue or that issue, but there's so much conflicting information here it becomes difficult to nail the issue and improve things for you.

Please, post about your issues in the bugs thread and upload your saves to the FTP so this can get looked at.

Thanks.

Archived