2 and 1/2 star rating on itunes?

• SI Staff

It appears (from the reviews) that quite a few people are 1* rating it because of its price - which is of course their right if they feel that way, I personally think its good value for money ... if you agree with me then I'd appreciate your reviewing/rating the game on iTunes obviously (apart from anything else its a bit depressing to work 60+ hours a week trying to make it as good as possible and have it panned on the store .... give me an early christmas present and rate the game today :D ).

• SI Staff
Marc: on the swedish appstore i see alot of reviews in english and Swedish... Do you actually read them or just looking at the rating?

At the moment I'm concentrating on the English store as I only speak English - I do however get the reviews from ALL stores translated and collated for feedback during the support period of the game.

There are people who think it's overpriced and those who think it's good value for money.

Personally I will not spend £7 on a game that, for me, is a minor update to fmh10.

If this was the first version in the iPhone/pod/pad series it would be worth £7. But when the features were announced and I was reading things like "new stadiums". "in game tutorial" and "gamecentre leaderboards" I wonder why time was spent on those things as opposed to custom formations or being able to give individual player instructions like "closing down", "cross ball from" etc. Retina display? These are the sort of things that are required to be the second highest priced game on the app store.

For me this is little more than the equivalent of a patch for the pc version. If si charged for that everybody would go nuts!

Trouble is people would pay for a patch as is there loyalty to the series and si/sega know this.

The addition of player roles is nice as is 3 nations.

I brought FMH10 the second it came out and found it to be a very enjoyable game. However this years version does seem like a data update with a few interface changes and charging £7 seems a bit steep for what we are getting if I'm honest. I believe that if the game was priced between £3 and £5 it would attract more than the hardcore following it does at the moment. I appreciate that the licences etc have to be paid and a certain price has to be charged to ensure the profit margins but just like in real life, if you cut the price you sell more, and selling more means more profit.

I also noticed Marc reviewing his own app. ;)

I was reading some of the review last night and it just made my blood boil. People are entitled to their opinions but seriously? They haven't a clue what they are talking about and have been spoilt by cheap, throw away, shovelware that's on the app store. If they think that £6.99 for a game that is almost identical to the PSP version costing 2-4 times as much then they really are stupid.

I'm sure if any of them actually bought the game and give it a go they would realise it was worth the money. Especially for the gameplay time you get out of it compared to paying 59p for a fart app or a soundboard of some rubbish TV show which they probably only use once then delete.

I haven't purchased the game yet because I need closure on my current 2010 save game. But I'll probably be picking it up over the weekend and I'm sure I will enjoy it enough to give it a glowing review.

Archived