Official Patch 11.2.1 "Hotfix" Feedback Thread

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it recommended to download the patch even if you don't have problems with 11.2 so far?

Other than that there are no other changes, so if you are not playing a network game or have no intention of ever playing with the Polish leagues loaded you do not have to patch up to this version. Steam versions as always, will auto update.

Nice, but is it still hard to apply for jobs when your out of contract but have high rep? I couldn't find that fix as I was reading the patch notes

edit: when i say hard i mean, some people have won almost everything with one club and want to move to a similar reputable team but get turned down and the club hires some no-name manager

• Administrators

It's in the patch thread and is below:

-----------------------------

Football Manager 2011 v11.2.1

General -

===========

- Fixed issue where old saves with Polish league loaded could not be loaded

- Users can now change contract length in network game

More impressions from the patch:

- less offside calls that were not offside

- less unrealistic own goals

- more clubs interested in your players and making offers when they are not transfer listed :thup:

Counting: 5 matches and 12 injuries. Most of them are short-term injuries though.

• SI Staff
i dont play network games, but i have all players from top division clubs in poland loaded, will i need the hotfix? or am i good to go once i dont wanna load in the polish leagues?

The fixed issue is that users were unable to load their old saves from 11.1.1 if the Polish leagues were selected. We recommend that you patch up regardless though

In the release notes, Glenn said "Other than that there are no other changes, so if you are not playing a network game or have no intention of ever playing with the Polish leagues loaded you do not have to patch up to this version. Steam versions as always, will auto update."

On the other hand, Farley said "We always recommend you run with the latest code possible yes"

So, for me, im playing my old save game (started in version 11.1.1) without polish league, and i dont play network games.

And the game, with patch 11.2 is running perfectly.

What should i do? Install patch 11.2.1 anyway? Or stay with 11.2?

Edit: nevermind, already answer by Farley!

Hoi all,

i have issues with network savegame in italy. when game is loaded the whole game crashes. me on my mac and also my friend on a pc.

we have already installed 11.2.1.

i cant believe that you offer a patch which is that bad tested. Don't you have qa at si?

sorry about my english ... but i'm in anger ...

• Administrators
Hoi all,

i have issues with network savegame in italy. when game is loaded the whole game crashes. me on my mac and also my friend on a pc.

we have already installed 11.2.1.

i cant believe that you offer a patch which is that bad tested. Don't you have qa at si?

sorry about my english ... but i'm in anger ...

Can you please upload your save game to the FTP and we'll take a look. Remember that both of you need to be running the latest patch.

Let me know if you upload the game, thanks.

ARGH! Now that I can play my save I've already found the tutoring isn't any better.

in 11.1.1 I was only ever able to tutor 2 players, a center back and a center mid. Now with 11.2.1 the center back can't be tutored by my vet who it more highly skilled and has much higher mental stats over all. Ugh, never mind with the CB, just realized it's because he's 22 so over the new age limit... could have tutored him more earlier but not now.

But the big one is the center mid. He's only 18 so I know that isn't the issue and he was already tutored by a vet center mid once in 11.1.1. Now i try to tutor him with the same guy and it says there are no suitable young players. So on a whim I try another midfielder and this one CAN tutor the 18 y/o. The thing is the youngsters natural (and only) position is MC, the guy that -can't- tutor him is a natural MC, but the guy that -can- tutor him is a natural AMC. Not a big difference no but why in the world can't the natural MC tutor the kid? Makes no sense why the guy that could do it in the harder system can't do it now especially when he's more like the youngster then the guy who can.

I'm sorry SI, but I still can not see any common sense in the things you guys are doing in these areas.

• Administrators
Any chance for a Byteshield patch this evening?

A workaround for Byteshield to get to 11.2 can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/245319-Anyone-with-Byteshield-Issues-When-Patching-to-11.2

However if you're suffering with the Polish or Network game issue, I'm afraid you'll have to wait as the 11.2.1 patch for Byteshield is unlikely to be available tonight. Sorry about that.

You sure it isn't because the player has already tutored him? Not sure if the an experienced player can tutor the same player twice...

He did already tutor him once in 11.1.1. Are you saying the system only allows a player to tutor a youngster once ever?

That's insane, because if a vet and youngster get along and the youngster learns a lot from the vet then why in the world wouldn't they keep working together for the kid to get everything possible from the guy?

They have the same personality, the tutoring time they did was good for the kid, and he even has the vet listed as favored personnel now. It's just silly they wouldn't keep working together when they got along so well.

Now some might think, 'So what? You have another guy that can tutor the youngster right?' The other guy isn't anyone worth being a tutor, namely for him being an inconsistent player, certainly not a trait I want to nurture in a solid young player. But then I have that perfect tutor staring me in the face.

Look, I know you guys wanted to tone down the tutoring factories of FM10. But you have to do it in sensible ways. Starting FM11 with a rep based system was a joke because you can't base who can tutor who based on shirt sales, that's just silly. Now to say a perfect tutor can't continue to tutor a player because they only get one go at it. Fine you want to do that then make the tutoring length longer with gradual increases over that time, so the longer the tutoring lasts the better things go. But that time is limited either my players moving clubs or even my their personalities etc. So the closer the match the longer the tutoring goes for more effect. The weaker the match the shorter it goes with the bigger chance of bad results. What I mean by a period of time is years not months either. If you have a tutor and youngster perfect match then that vet can tutor the kid for 2-3 years perhaps assuming you keep the players or they don't have a falling out for some reason. Then you can't tutor any more because the youngster learned all he could. But for a period of 6 months with a tiny little increase then you can't tutor any more, that's just silly.

Common sense, focus on that and you'll have better working systems and happier players.

The last thread got totally clogged up with the Polish issue (I can't believe how many people load up Poland!) and loads of anger. Now we've got that out of the way, can we have a checklist of matters that have NOT been resolved? I don't load Poland or play network games, but I'm hesitating installing the patch I downloaded yesterday until I'm clearer whether it would enhance or spoil my 11.1 save. Martyr's just covered one - I'm managing non-league and I can't get a single player to tutor my kids. Looks like this isn't properly fixed. What else is there?

The bug with several "Current" tactics keep appearing on Tactics screen is still there. Will there be another hot-fix, or this will be fixed only on 12.3 ?

• Administrators
He did already tutor him once in 11.1.1. Are you saying the system only allows a player to tutor a youngster once ever?

That's insane, because if a vet and youngster get along and the youngster learns a lot from the vet then why in the world wouldn't they keep working together for the kid to get everything possible from the guy?

They have the same personality, the tutoring time they did was good for the kid, and he even has the vet listed as favored personnel now. It's just silly they wouldn't keep working together when they got along so well.

Now some might think, 'So what? You have another guy that can tutor the youngster right?' The other guy isn't anyone worth being a tutor, namely for him being an inconsistent player, certainly not a trait I want to nurture in a solid young player. But then I have that perfect tutor staring me in the face.

Look, I know you guys wanted to tone down the tutoring factories of FM10. But you have to do it in sensible ways. Starting FM11 with a rep based system was a joke because you can't base who can tutor who based on shirt sales, that's just silly. Now to say a perfect tutor can't continue to tutor a player because they only get one go at it. Fine you want to do that then make the tutoring length longer with gradual increases over that time, so the longer the tutoring lasts the better things go. But that time is limited either my players moving clubs or even my their personalities etc. So the closer the match the longer the tutoring goes for more effect. The weaker the match the shorter it goes with the bigger chance of bad results. What I mean by a period of time is years not months either. If you have a tutor and youngster perfect match then that vet can tutor the kid for 2-3 years perhaps assuming you keep the players or they don't have a falling out for some reason. Then you can't tutor any more because the youngster learned all he could. But for a period of 6 months with a tiny little increase then you can't tutor any more, that's just silly.

Common sense, focus on that and you'll have better working systems and happier players.

I never said once ever, but I would assume there would have to be a gap of a certain period before allowing him to do it again. It would make no sense to continually ask the same player to tutor someone - how much of a gap has their been since his last 'tutoring' finished?

I'll ask the coder tomorrow for exacts, but that would be how I understand it works.

• Administrators
The bug with several "Current" tactics keep appearing on Tactics screen is still there. Will there be another hot-fix, or this will be fixed only on 12.3 ?

This is something that'll be looked into for any future patch.

This is something that'll be looked into for any future patch.

Will that future patch be 11.3 (in march), or a sooner one (next hours/days) ? Thats what i asked, sry if i havent made myself clear the first time.

Just a little question.

Within hours of 11.2 being released, there was a sticky in the Editors forum with a list of all the things missing from the 11.2 database and also a link to an updated database containing these changes by Gripper. Seeing as you knew you was releasing a hotfix, how hard would it have been to include an updated database containing these changes? It not like adding Alan Pardew or removing fat sam and the other things would break the game or require that much testing. And the hotfix was being tested anyway so no extra effort was required. The updated DB was even made for you by one of your mods!

• Administrators
Will that future patch be 11.3 (in march), or a sooner one (next hours/days) ? Thats what i asked, sry if i havent made myself clear the first time.

x.3 patches are as normal, planned for release sometime after the winter transfer window.

• Administrators
any word why I can no longer select "sunday league" experience in the majority of the leagues? seems totally daft to me that if I load one of the few countries that do allow me to be an ex sunday league player I can start with any team even those in countries where the option isnt normally available?

This is down to the reputation of the leagues running - Having Sunday League reputation when running just the English Premier League for example, would mean it would be difficult if not impossible to get a job if sacked. Hope this helps.

I never said once ever, but I would assume there would have to be a gap of a certain period before allowing him to do it again. It would make no sense to continually ask the same player to tutor someone - how much of a gap has their been since his last 'tutoring' finished?

I'll ask the coder tomorrow for exacts, but that would be how I understand it works.

Yeah Brock, I know there is a gap of time, and when you mouse over the greyed out tutoring then it says this option has been used recently, until that player can tutor again. When I mouse over tutoring now it says there are no suitable players to tutor.

They finished their first tutoring session about 1-2 months prior in my games timeline, I was simply waiting for it to activate again, but now it says there is no suitable player to tutor yet I have the other player that can tutor him so the youngster obviously is not on a delay timer.

But if 2 players get along great why wouldn't you want to the same guy to continue tutoring the kid? I mean really, why risk having an unknown tutor him with a bad result when you know the first two get along like friends.

Sorry for being heated, but I'm just annoyed with a number of things about the game but I like the game in general, just wish things would make more sense.

• Administrators
are all patchs save game compatable now?

Yeah, if you are experiencing issues of any kind though, please let us know about it. Cheers.

• Administrators
Just a little question.

Within hours of 11.2 being released, there was a sticky in the Editors forum with a list of all the things missing from the 11.2 database and also a link to an updated database containing these changes by Gripper. Seeing as you knew you was releasing a hotfix, how hard would it have been to include an updated database containing these changes? It not like adding Alan Pardew or removing fat sam and the other things would break the game or require that much testing. And the hotfix was being tested anyway so no extra effort was required. The updated DB was even made for you by one of your mods!

More than you'd probably expect, adding something like that would have meant a lot more testing time before we'd have been able to release it, not to mention we'd have to 'rebuild' the database which takes a while. I certainly would have liked to have done so, it just wasn't feasible considering how quickly we were aiming to get the fix out.

• Administrators
Yeah Brock, I know there is a gap of time, and when you mouse over the greyed out tutoring then it says this option has been used recently, until that player can tutor again. When I mouse over tutoring now it says there are no suitable players to tutor.

They finished their first tutoring session about 1-2 months prior in my games timeline, I was simply waiting for it to activate again, but now it says there is no suitable player to tutor yet I have the other player that can tutor him so the youngster obviously is not on a delay timer.

But if 2 players get along great why wouldn't you want to the same guy to continue tutoring the kid? I mean really, why risk having an unknown tutor him with a bad result when you know the first two get along like friends.

Sorry for being heated, but I'm just annoyed with a number of things about the game but I like the game in general, just wish things would make more sense.

Will check for you tomorrow and find out for certain. Cheers.

• Administrators
Just a little question.

I understand what you are saying, but every day there are changes and we want things to be as realistic and as up to date as to the date of data lock as possible. If we kept pushing things back for things like that, it would mean a data update couldn't get released.

It will be in the 11.3 database though. :)

x.3 patches are as normal, planned for release sometime after the winter transfer window.

Thats not what i asked !!!! Im gonna try one more time.

Will there be a patch / hot-fix that will fix that annoying bug (the one with "Current" tactic keep appearing in the tactics screen) in the next hours/days ? Or this will be fixed on the 11.3 patch that will appear sometime after the winter transfer window ?

• Administrators
Thats not what i asked !!!! Im gonna try one more time.

Will there be a patch / hot-fix that will fix that annoying bug (the one with "Current" tactic keep appearing in the tactics screen) in the next hours/days ? Or this will be fixed on the 11.3 patch that will appear sometime after the winter transfer window ?

There are currently no plans to release any further patches until after the January transfer window.

• Administrators
Does anybody know the answer? :D

We recommend you run with the latest code regardless, but no, starting a new game won't affect your ability to play the Polish league.

I understand what you are saying, but every day there are changes and we want things to be as realistic and as up to date as to the date of data lock as possible. If we kept pushing things back for things like that, it would mean a data update couldn't get released.

It will be in the 11.3 database though. :)

Yes obviously I know what you mean. Your not going to start releasing new updates for every little thing that gets changed but given some of the things that are actually missing, I thought it may have been worth including. Things like Blackburn's board and finance changes, Man Utd's finance changes and so on should really be included, especially when two patches have now been released (11.2 and 11.2.1). Man Utd's PIK issue was announced on November 15th. I know Nick was a little late with his email and missed data lock but even so, from November 15th to December 15th when the patch was released is more than enough time to include that IMO but obviously I dont know the ins and outs. Its certainly only a matter of a couple of clicks in the editor (Before anybody starts, yes I have already done it).

Dont take it the wrong way. Obviously I dont know the length of time these things take for you guys to do. I just thought some of the missing data changes would be a priority. Seeing as there are probably plenty of people wanting to play as Blackburn and Man Utd with the new finances and now have to wait till March.

• Administrators
Yes obviously I know what you mean. Your not going to start releasing new updates for every little thing that gets changed but given some of the things that are actually missing, I thought it may have been worth including. Things like Blackburn's board and finance changes, Man Utd's finance changes and so on should really be included, especially when two patches have now been released (11.2 and 11.2.1). Man Utd's PIK issue was announced on November 15th. I know Nick was a little late with his email and missed data lock but even so, from November 15th to December 15th when the patch was released is more than enough time to include that IMO but obviously I dont know the ins and outs. Its certainly only a matter of a couple of clicks in the editor (Before anybody starts, yes I have already done it).

Dont take it the wrong way. Obviously I dont know the length of time these things take for you guys to do. I just thought some of the missing data changes would be a priority. Seeing as there are probably plenty of people wanting to play as Blackburn and Man Utd with the new finances and now have to wait till March.

For an official database, yes, you are right. But as always, (I know this is not the most ideal for some users), you can use the data editor to change things before you start a new game. Sorry though that the changes weren't able to make it in time.

• Administrators
So, what's the ETA of the next hotfix ?

There are no planned releases until the 11.3 patch, after the winter transfer window.

Archived