Have you applied for a real-life job using your FM experience

This thread brought memories back for me:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/244769-Amazing-news-story

When Leeds were going through their financial melt down and free fall down the leagues their managers position became available. I was in 6th form at the time, highly addicted to FM (may have been CM back then) and in my Business studies classes had used Leeds as a case study. I set about applying for the job writing a letter stating my passion for the game, record of my playing career (amateur and not great), my financial skills and knowledge of Leeds situation and my managing CV from fm. My basic arguement was that I had the skills, knowledge and experience, just not the real life experience and that I would be a cheap but good long term option for the club.

My application was written very seriously, although of course I never expected the job. However I did get a letter back on posh club heading paper explaining despite my reasoning for why I would be good for the club they had decided to go another way, hand signed by the chairman.

Anyone esle had similar experiences or am I the only one sad enough to take the time to apply :rolleyes: :o

Yes, I have. I applied for the Scotland job after George Burley was sacked.

I received an email back from the SFA and was also invited to Craig Levein's first game in charge as a VIP.

Quality, nice touch for the SFA. Might apply myself when Levein gets the boot :-)

Archived