The Cup That Eludes You....

Which trophies have eluded you through your career?

Mine would have to be the Champions League. Never won it..... And it is the one ive wanted to win, as ive won all there is in England, Spain and Russia, not just on FM 11 but other FM's too.

So whats yours? Is there one trophy that you cant seem to get your hands on?

For me, it's the UEFA Cup/Europa League. I either get straight into the Champions League or no European football whatsoever. I think I've only played in that cup once, and that was with FC Inter in Finland, so didn't stand much of a chance.

Also, the World Cup. I've won the Copa America before with Chile, but the Semi's are as far as I can get in the World Cup with any nation.

Talking internationals, for me it would have to be Europeans, never won them, played as Spain on last years game, Won World Cup, then after a year in International Football, decided my destiny lie in Club football again.....knew i should have stayed with Spain for another year! lol!

I've never won the World Cup. Closest I've got is runners-up with England. It's the one trophy I am desperate to get on FM!

I've also never won the Europa League.

Never won the Club World Cup.

I've never won a top flight league title outside of England.

I've never won a trophy outside Europe.

I've never won the League One title.

I've never won the FA Trophy.

I've never won the League Cup (closest was runners-up with St. Albans City).

So there are quite a few trophies that I would like to win. My priority is to win the League Cup with St. Albans City in my current save. At some point, I would like to go back into International management to get that missing World Cup, if possible! A return to Italy is also on the cards in a future save, so that I can finally win a top flight title abroad. And maybe I'll also have a save with Luton Town to see if I can win the FA Trophy. :D

out of all the saves ive played (im a top tier guy, will go lower when i feel ready) never been able to get a grasp of the italien or german league titles. never won the european championship either. :(

and on this fm, 4 seasons on with the gunners, cant win the bleeding carlin cup!

Which trophies have eluded you through your career?

Mine would have to be the Champions League. Never won it..... And it is the one ive wanted to win, as ive won all there is in England, Spain and Russia, not just on FM 11 but other FM's too.

So whats yours? Is there one trophy that you cant seem to get your hands on?

Same here! Ended up delaying my purchase of FM11 just to get rid of that "curse". 7 European finals since FM08 and lost all of them, then my last ever FM10 game I was Aston Villa vs Real Madrid. Won 3-2 after extra time.

Champion's League and Europa Cup. I haven't gotten far in FM11, but in FM10 I had a save as Athletic where it took me until (IIRC) 2023 to win the Champion's League- the only time I've ever won the competition. I also played in the Europa League a few times in that save and even reached the final one year, but have still never won it.

Archived