I finally done it!

Ever since arsenal set the record back in 04, I have never managed to pip the 49 games unbeaten in the league and make it to fifty. And now I finally done it with a 4-0 smashing at Bolton!

It amazing the amount of times I got into the forties but never ever made 50. Also, I have been stopped twice I think by man u on 49.

Anyways, hoorah for me.

and there was me thinking theyd fixed it at 49 so you couldnt go beyond that. I'm serious, I've been to 49 countless times but always lose on the 50th!!! I always hoped it was never meant to be and SI put a block on it. This just means I bottle it at the end.

Well done for you though.

Well done.

I managed to reach 60 league games unbeaten spread over 2 seasons, but haven't yet managed to do a full league season unbeaten yet.

I've gone a whole season before but not with this save.... Yet. Tho in my very first season on 2011 I went until the last 2 games of the season and got beaten by spurs and Liverpool.

In my current season I've got 9 games to go for a clean season. Also have managed to score 101 goals already. Aguero, wilshire, pastore and hamsik have been awsome!

I could be on this if I didn't lose to bloody Everton. Only 3 draws as well.

Outrageous.

Same as me, one defeat and 3 draws in a 38 game season. Following season was just one defeat and 5 draws.

Worst thing was, my one defeat to end my long run was at home to Burnley. This was their only away win all season and they finished bottom.

Same as me, one defeat and 3 draws in a 38 game season. Following season was just one defeat and 5 draws.

Worst thing was, my one defeat to end my long run was at home to Burnley. This was their only away win all season and they finished bottom.

I'm not sure what stings more really, loosing it to a rival or losing it like that. I'd prefer losing to a rival I think cause at least there's a bit of an excuse.

I'm still very slowly working on my first save at Tenerife, I only play a few matches a week due to other commitments. 21 Games played, won 17 drew 4 although out of the cup at the first hurdle to Valladolid. Conceded just 10 so far and hope that continues but I always do extremely well at the start of seasons and slowly fade away around March... I can't see me going 50 league games since if I get promoted I will have Barca, Real Madrid, Atletico, Valencia etc. to try and fend off and if it's anything like my FM10 save with Tenerife I will struggle a lot against the big teams

I'm still very slowly working on my first save at Tenerife, I only play a few matches a week due to other commitments. 21 Games played, won 17 drew 4 although out of the cup at the first hurdle to Valladolid. Conceded just 10 so far and hope that continues but I always do extremely well at the start of seasons and slowly fade away around March... I can't see me going 50 league games since if I get promoted I will have Barca, Real Madrid, Atletico, Valencia etc. to try and fend off and if it's anything like my FM10 save with Tenerife I will struggle a lot against the big teams

For the big teams, play a 4-2-3-1. I find it tends to be a giant killer.

That's actually how I played the entire time through FM10 with Tenerife, got me to 7th in my first season which I thought was very impressive considering finances and the quality of the squad I had. 4-2-3-1 was how I started on FM11 until I felt that I would get the best out of my players playing 4-5-1 (DM 2 CM 2 Wingers) with a focus on 4 players mainly attacking, 4 defending and my 2 full backs adding an extra dimension in attack. Less goals are being scored but 1 goal conceded in 10 is how I like it. We'll see if I can hang on to get promoted and see if I need to make any changes or if I need to bring in any new players (I'm generally very happy with the squad I have, probably better than last year despite the relegation)

Is it better to stick with what got you promoted and risk a few hammerings or is it better to try and play more defensive but risk upsetting what was a good setup?

Archived