FMHi 2011 Missing Players Thread

First, if you don't know, some players are not loaded due to memory restrictions on the iPhone. This only applies when you have multiple leagues loaded.

As for version number: I used 11.0 as in 2011 version without a patch. Some people refer to this as 2.0 since it's the second version of the iPhone game. If someone from SI wants to weigh in on which one you prefer, then use that one. If no one cares, then at least we know that some how 11 = 2. In either way, the patch number is the number after the '.'

If you think a player isn't in there and he should be, here is the format to use (mention the leagues you have loaded in the comments):

Game version

Player name

Position

Team

Comments

Szczesny, Djourou & Gibbs are all present for Arsenal when using an English only database. They don't appear in the game currently when using a multi-league DB but as mentioned elsewhere, unfortunately some players are omitted from the game due to memory limitations on the device.

It might be worth mentioning if you feel that there are any players that are included in the game (from the same club as a player you feel is missing) that should be dropped in favor of this player.

Szczesny, Djourou & Gibbs are all present for Arsenal when using an English only database. They don't appear in the game currently when using a multi-league DB but as mentioned elsewhere, unfortunately some players are omitted from the game due to memory limitations on the device.

It might be worth mentioning if you feel that there are any players that are included in the game (from the same club as a player you feel is missing) that should be dropped in favor of this player.

Didn't know that. That seems kind of weird that some players would be cut in favor of other players. Couldn't you guys write some code to cut the players with the lowest potential? That would be fine with me, and if the likes of Nacer Barazite (who has 3 stars potential) is better than the three I mentioned then that's fine.

The one I'm really shocked about is Gibbs. As it is, I only have 2 players on my team that play DL: Clichy and Vermaelen. And Vermaelen is a starter at DC, so God help us if one of them goes down in a match.

As it is here are my positional break downs of players:

GK - 2

DL - 2

DC - 6

DR - 3

DM - 2

CM - 11

LM - 5

RM - 7

CAM - 11

LAM - 8

RAM - 8

SC - 7

Of those players, some are multiple position players. The biggest problem I see is the lack of Left backs at the club (this is not the case in real life)

Here are players that I feel deserve to be demoted in favor of the 3 players I listed above (depending on potential and current ability):

Luke Freeman - CA: 2 / PA: 3

Sanchez Watt - CA: 2 / PA: 3

Nacer Barazite - CA: 2 / PA: 3

Francis Coquelin - CA: 2 / PA: 4

Kyle Bartley - CA: 2 / PA: 4

I understand that there is a dynamic PA this year in the game. So the PA will be different for each game if I'm not mistaken. But at least Gibbs and Djourou should have static PA by now...and that PA should be at least 4 stars as they have proven they are at least decent players at the premier level.

Bare in mind that with players who are on loan such as Barazite they may be included because they are important to the club they are on loan at rather than their importance to Arsenal. The players you mention are all on loan and considerably important to the clubs they are on loan at.

I'm an Arsenal fan myself and so I don't underestimate the importance of Gibbs and I too would prefer that he be in there but Arsenal do have a big squad and as I said in my previous post, unfortunately some players (partiuclarly when loading multiple leagues) are omitted due to memory limitations.

I just noticed that they are all on loan.

I just loaded a game with the English only database.

Djourou had CA: 4 / PA: 5

Gibbs had CA : 4 / PA: 4

Szczesny had CA: 2 / PA: 3 (which i believe is rubbish as he has been the only bright spot for the future at GK for the club)

Now I am not sure how Djourou was cut in favor of Squillaci or Koscielny because he is just as good as those two and has more potential than either of them. In all honesty, all 3 of those guys should be in there. I can understand cutting Szczesny because he (is supposed to be) all potential at this point. But Gibbs, I dunno.

I really think the team you are playing as should take precedence over lower teams that you load from say Spain (obviously bigger Spanish clubs should have most of their players loaded). If it's not possible then I'm not sure why I would ever use this new feature of loading multiple leagues.

Version 11.0

Jack Butland

GK

Birmingham city

Um, I made sure I only had English DB loaded. Yeah, the guy was a good prospect last year...and now he's straight up gone.

Hi Tylerazevedo.

The reason Jack Butland was in the squad last season was because he was the 3rd choice permanent goalkeeper at Birmingham City along with Maik Taylor and Colin Doyle. Joe Hart was also there as a loan signing meaning they had 4 keepers for that season.

Since then Birmingham have signed Ben Foster. This makes Foster, Taylor and Doyle the 3 best keepers at the club.

I have started a game with Fiorentina.I did load England and Spain as well. I cannot find many high potential players such as Yaya Sanogo, Harris Vukcic and many others.I am sure i could buy them in FMi 10. I hope that you correct this issue in the next update.

I have started a game with Fiorentina.I did load England and Spain as well. I cannot find many high potential players such as Yaya Sanogo, Harris Vukcic and many others.I am sure i could buy them in FMi 10. I hope that you correct this issue in the next update.

Reload without the extra DB's to check if they are there. I know that Sanogo is in the game because I've seen him with only the English DB loaded. However, I haven't noticed Vukcic yet.

Edit:

Vukcic is there with only the English DB loaded

Hi Tylerazevedo.

The reason Jack Butland was in the squad last season was because he was the 3rd choice permanent goalkeeper at Birmingham City along with Maik Taylor and Colin Doyle. Joe Hart was also there as a loan signing meaning they had 4 keepers for that season.

Since then Birmingham have signed Ben Foster. This makes Foster, Taylor and Doyle the 3 best keepers at the club.

That sucks! He was a great pickup for npower 2 teams that would be ready for premier level if you could get there in 3 or 4 years.

Igor Akinfeev

GK

CSKA Moscow

Have English, Spanish, Italian & German leagues loaded.

49 International caps (at all levels) for Russia at his age I would of expected to see him, that and the fact his widely renowned to be the most over rated Keeper of the last decade.

Neymar

SC

Santos

Same as above

1 of the most idealistic players from FMHi2010, as well as one of the most watched up coming stars at the moment. Would of gone sick at the world cup if Dunga hadn't of seen his arse.

Igor Akinfeev

GK

CSKA Moscow

Have English, Spanish, Italian & German leagues loaded.

49 International caps (at all levels) for Russia at his age I would of expected to see him, that and the fact his widely renowned to be the most over rated Keeper of the last decade.

Neymar

SC

Santos

Same as above

1 of the most idealistic players from FMHi2010, as well as one of the most watched up coming stars at the moment. Would of gone sick at the world cup if Dunga hadn't of seen his arse.

Akinfeev is in there when you have the English only DB loaded.

I have a feeling that the only way you get Neymar is if you start in Brazil.

Version: 2.1

Steve Williams

DC

Bradford City

Dave Syers

MC

Bradford City

Jake Speight

ST/ARLC

Bradford City

Leon Osborne

ST/ARLC

Bradford City

Lenny Pidgeley

GK

Bradford City

Williams and Speight are on PSP version so why not this?

and why arent the other 3 on there? they are key members of the club, But F*****G Tim Dittmer is and he's the Goalkeeping Coach. WTAF!!!

Version 11.0

Yaya Sanogo

SC

Aj Auxerre

Version 11.0

Khouma Babacar

AMC

Racing

Version 11.0

Harris Vuckic

AM/SC

Newcastle

I would like to be able to see at least these players when selecting multiple leagues.I like to play with youths and wonderkids.I am sure there are more players to add, i understand the memory limitations of the Iphone, but at least some potential wonderkids should be there.

Not to sound like an asshole, but exactly WHAT players DO you add when you choose multiple leagues?

I've tried playing English League with Spanish - Italian - German and Dutch in various configurations. E.g English - Spanish, English - Italian, English - Italian, Spanish, Dutch etc etc.

And the player database is pretty much worthless compared to FMHi 2010.

The wonderkids are all gone.

Here are a few from the top of my head.

- Sergio Canales (Arguably the biggest talent @ Real)

- Marco Verratti (another wonderkid)

- Kieran Gibbs (England international)

- Gale Agbossoumonde

- Serge Aurier

- Lucas Digne

- BOJAN (one of the worlds biggest striker talents playing for Barca)

- Lodeiro (Ajax or PSV player)

Not to sound like an asshole, but exactly WHAT players DO you add when you choose multiple leagues?

I've tried playing English League with Spanish - Italian - German and Dutch in various configurations. E.g English - Spanish, English - Italian, English - Italian, Spanish, Dutch etc etc.

And the player database is pretty much worthless compared to FMHi 2010.

The wonderkids are all gone.

Here are a few from the top of my head.

- Sergio Canales (Arguably the biggest talent @ Real)

- Marco Verratti (another wonderkid)

- Kieran Gibbs (England international)

- Gale Agbossoumonde

- Serge Aurier

- Lucas Digne

- BOJAN (one of the worlds biggest striker talents playing for Barca)

- Lodeiro (Ajax or PSV player)

I bet most of those guys are in there when you only load one database (English or Spanish or Italian).

Surely the answer to this is to just run one nation. That way that nation's young stars are all present and the majority of the best players in the world are still available.

If you load up 3 nations you lose young superstars from all 3 nations and don't really gain anything except being able to manage in different countries.

Surely the answer to this is to just run one nation. That way that nation's young stars are all present and the majority of the best players in the world are still available.

If you load up 3 nations you lose young superstars from all 3 nations and don't really gain anything except being able to manage in different countries.

Right. Except Neymar. I haven't confirmed, but so far he isn't present in the game unless you start in Brazil

It is absolute bull **** that Neymar is available only when Brazil are loaded half them teams cant even afford a weeks of his wage let alone that transfer fee. And where the hell is the hottest prospect from FMH2009 & 2010 Marco Verratti. I know SI that there is limitations, but you put that crappy and pointless stadium locater thing in, which has to take up some memory. *sigh*

• 4 months later...
Neymar is available loading only Spain...which is much likely because Keirrison is on loan to Santos

Hi Sol19.

Neymar has been included on the February database since update 2.3.

Have you carried on an old save which was started before this update? It sounds like you are playing a game using the December 2010 database.

If you check the preferences screen it will show you which database you have running.

• SI Staff
Although the stadium locator is a great idea. Surely any football fan knows their way to their clubs stadium?

Thats hopefully true ..... but what about for away matches?

• SI Staff
I know SI that there is limitations, but you put that crappy and pointless stadium locater thing in, which has to take up some memory. *sigh*

Just to reassure people the stadium locator actually doesn't take up ANY memory when inactive - all of the data utilised in it is dynamically loaded when its active and deallocated at all other times.

(so no any database size limitations are nothing to do with that feature - tbh if it had taken up active game memory then it would never have been implemented for just that reason)

Archived