What is this triple "current" tactics in Match Preparation ?

Basically it remembers the last instance (post-change) of a tactic, but yeah, to go back to 'your' tactic you can just load that back up.

didn't it already save it in archived tactics anyway? it just seems like pointless clutter...

I'm getting that too, 4 instances of 'current' tactics saved plus sometimes a I change a tactic and ask my assistant to pick the team and my tactic reverts to the one before I changed it and the assistant picks the team for that.

Is there is any issues with tactics created on 11.1.1 working on 11.2?

Ha, I noticed this. I've got about 8 "Current" tactics on the list, it looks ridiculous :) I think it's come about when I was trying to prove the tactics screen is still broken (team settings doesn't update when switching between different formations that have different team settings).

You can clear them by selecting manage tactics and deleting them.

BUT, thanks to the user Blacksquare, I find out that a complete re-install with only the latest patch applied makes sure you don't have the problem. Tested it for 2 months now and I still only have my normal formations and not a single 'current' one. :)

• 1 month later...

I get this also, usually from visiting the match preperation screen. Apart from being annoying, it also makes me wonder if my 3 preperation tactics have changed, so I go back to take a look but that just adds another current tactic.

Also I have reserve team and youth set to use first team tactics in team settings, but the tactic becomes this current tactic thing, so the first team don't know the tactic very well as it's constantly changing to current??

It's ruining my enjoyment of the game, yeah I know you can delete them but it just detracts from the game and makes you wonder if it effects the way the team plays when they're faced with a new current tactic all the time, I won't be buying next year's version if this isn't fixed, really I won't be. Why not release a hot fix now?

Archived