FM11 connection betwen youth setup/academy/recruitment with regens

hi

iam playing fm for 10 years now and i really think its the most realistic football managing game out there.

but every year there is the same problem with regens!

im always playing with the same teams, and the first team that i always start is my favourite team Partizan belgrade, serbia.

just to stay clear, i know that team is like 3rd of even 4rt class of europen club quality, and that serbia is not big football country like england france germany, but game importance is also very important!

my game is always based on youth players created in club, and that works when i play with QPR, Palermo, St.Pauli and teams like that.

but every year i hope that i can do that with Partizan, but i cant!

i always invest in youth setup and good youth coaches, but every season i got players even worse then last year, with PA between 70-100, and thats bulls***t for me!

my question is am i now seeing a big picture or there is a problem with new regens in smaller country?

ill give you some screens to see what iam talking about...

and to say sorry in advance, english is not my native language :)

cheerS!

http://img257.imageshack.us/i/teaminformation.jpg/

http://img153.imageshack.us/i/regen2.jpg/

http://img593.imageshack.us/i/regen3.jpg/

http://img819.imageshack.us/i/couch1m.jpg/

http://img222.imageshack.us/i/coach2q.jpg/

The coaches don't affect the quality of new regens you get every year, they only help developing the kids. It's a combination of your youth recruitment, youth facilities/academy, the reputation of the club, the rep of the country/league and just pure luck. The better these are, the better are your chances of getting a wonderkid. I see you already have the best facilities possible, but you need to improve recruitment and you need to make Serbia a bigger football country by doing well in Champions or Europa League.

ok, i agree with you for country/league rep, but i dont expect that my youngster have PA of 180 and above, just to have above at least 100, and that i have 1 or maybe 2 regens every year with PA above 150, and thats how its in real Partizan...

This is all database driven so if you don't think your ratings are high enough you will have to up them in the editor. However, I have taken a look and they really aren't that much different to what is in the starting database for Partizan.

stu, what do you mean there arent much diff between starting database and this regens?

all of partizan youngsters at starting database have PA above 125, and 3 of them even have more than 150, including 2 whit -8 PA...

Well the screen I'm looking at doesn't show them as all being that highly rated. :)

As I said if you don't think they're good enough, then you'll have to adjust them in the editor and maybe raise the issue in the Serbian data issues thread. For what it's worth I think they all seem to be rated too similar, but then I can't claim to be an expert of Partizan's youth team.

my mistake, i thought you talking about PA not current ability :D

but nevertheless, there is a big difference in PA between starting young players and later regens for partizan, and i really think that you cant only connect regens with country/league rep, because there are clear examples like partizan dinamo zagreb bate borisov and some other teams that have excellent youth academys that produce a couple of very talented players every year, and this system is not fair for them, and furthermore thats direct reason why serbia croatia and all african national teams become worse as the game advance in future, i mean actual game save, no matter what starting country do you chose...

• 4 months later...

Just a little shameless bump because I think this needs to be looked at in the future editions of FM.

As a Pole, it's really frustrating to see average regens come out of Poland when I am dominating Europe with Wisla Krakow and have top facilities, brought up the Polish league's coefficiency loads(near Ligue 1) and have the other clubs in the league step up as well.

Especially given the history of Poland in football, being one of the world's historical powerhouses. We aren't minnows regardless of our mediocrity of the last decade.

To my understanding it's youth recruitment which influences potential regen PA's, but even with this it seems as if the countries reputation is still more influential when generation regens. Perhaps if the game prioritized youth recruitment teams like Red Star, Partizan, Dinamo, Hajduk, Steuea, Kobenhavn, Rosenborg, Sparta Praha, Al-Ahly, BATE, and most Polish sides can still produce good regens while keeping the mediocrity of everyone else? Would also help countries like Netherlands and Portugal produce more class talent in comparison to Italy/Germany/Spain/England.

Also perhaps make country reputation dynamic as a hidden mechanism influenced by the countries clubs and international successes.

Two third places in the world cup, Gold and silver in the Olympics, one of the most feared teams in Europe in the 70's and early 80's, Polish clubs competed and went very far in European competitions, many world class players (Tomaszewski, Smolarek, Lubanski, Deyna, Boniek, Gadocha, Lato, Szarmach, Kasperczak, Janas, Buncol all in 70-mid 80's).

If you didn't know that, than yes you did miss something. If we had a competent FA and invested in the sport in the 90's following the fall of communism I'd wager we'd be on par with the like of Portugal, and I don't see why we can't be again in the future.

• 9 months later...

Same thing in Bulgaria. I manage Levski and have top facilities, two CL, two WCL, massive reputation, and no good regens. Not even half decent ones. Then I figured, let's up the rep of the country. I took on the national team, haven't won anything but the team has been in Top 10 for the past 10 years. Still no regens (even half decent ones). Took on another team in Bulgaria, so I can make more stronger teams in the Euro games. Still no regens... I have to buy youngsters for my youth academy for 1-2 mil a piece from other countries... Not cool...

I can speak with great experience in FM11 since I am in 2033 and I am managing Steaua Bucharest from Romania

Turned them from a national title-challenging team (this is their current status in real life, also the most decorated team in Romania) to the best team in the world

This means I have better reputation than any other clubs in the game

also raised my league level from 3 stars to 4 stars (clubs in my league are advancing very very hard, the AI is very poor, had to sold alot of players to teams from same division to grow their reputation, now we have 4 teams in the groups of champions league, but still the AI is useless)

now to have good regens at your club:

You must have state of the art facilities

You must have at least worldwide reputation ( > 9000 )

You need luck

so the best bet is turn your club into a worldwide powerhouse (no matter what country), seizing control of the national country and raising its reputation by winning trophies might help, increase the league reputation, and have state of the art facilities

all these combined with a bit of luck

as an experiment

give your team the highest reputation

give your team the highest stats for facilities

give your league and your nation the highest reputation

save the game before the youth intake and experiment

if you load the youth intake at least 10 times you will note that at least 9 from 10 times you won't get players with PA>170 so getting high PA regens is a very small probability, although you are the best team in the world, in the best league of the world

Archived