Unbeaten Season...

Would you like an unbeaten season to be acknowledged?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like an unbeaten season to be acknowledged?

• Yes i would.
    • No i would not.

I have just, for the third time in my whole CM/FM life completed an unbeaten season (most of the time i don't get one because i leave the final matches up to the C team and youngsters or get a gypo result at some point). However it has yet again failed to be even acknowledged in the match report, let alone any press releases.

So, a poll to get it in there as they clearly haven't listened to previous threads.

Who would like an unbeaten season to be acknowledged in press releases and perhaps some extra manager points? Think of the real world acclaim Arsenal's "Invincibles" got, yet FM11 and, i can't remember which previous versions i had the unbeaten seasons in, didn't acknowledge it at all. As i said it wasn't even in the match report or milestones. This seems utterly ridiculous to me.

Agree, I have managed this once or twice in my FM career and it would be nice to have it acknowledged.

Even now you still hear people talking about Arsenal's "Invincibles" from 2003/4.

Exactly, that's one of the main reasons i think it's important. The day before i won the league unbeaten and posted this tread i heard of their season on a program on sky sports. It wasn't even a Football Years program from that year, simply a program talking about great football teams.

IRL there is even a special prize by the magazine Don Balon from Spain that goes to a team in Europe that has been unbeaten for the entire season. Its called Trofeo Invicto Don Balon Internacional

www.donbalon.com/web/noticia/i-77/trofeo-invicto-db-internacional

it would be a nice thing to win this award in the game

Yeah a special award or maybe some manager points. It's a truly almost unique achievement that shows true sqaud management, tactical nouse, a tad of good luck of course, good signings etc.

I actually almost did this in the first season playing in the prem

Lost 1 game in the season, to Liverpool on opening day.... gosh i was angry (with this being my only loss of the campaign)

Way better to lose at the start than the end. Then it's a bonus you kept all those clean sheets, not something lost at the very end.

Think on my FM save my unbeaten is still going after some 7 seasons in the league, with only 1 defeat in any competition in that time. The game doesn't recognise such obscure feats as of yet though.

I actually almost did this in the first season playing in the prem

Lost 1 game in the season, to Liverpool on opening day.... gosh i was angry (with this being my only loss of the campaign)

I had a similar experience with Liverpool on Fm06 or 07, except I lost my only league game of the season on the final day away to Middlesbrough. I wasn't happy. :p

The closest i've come is in the Scottish Third Division - i was unbeaten for 35 games with Forfar and then my players gave up trying, so we lost the next two. I put the reserves/youth out for the last game and we drew. I remember we had a 20+ game winning streak from December onwards, so it was still an absolutely fantastic season even without going unbeaten. And i was just happy to be going up a division.

Should unbeaten seasons be acknowledged? Definitely. But this is a game where when you win the title it comes up with something like 'X has won the league.' :D It's not one for confetti and celebratory banners at the best of times, is it? I tend to think, anyway, that the pleasure is in knowing you've achieved it rather than a little message saying 'well done' for doing so. Although the little touches are nice.

Where i think it is important to change is in terms of managerial points. A manager will get a lot of recognition for going unbeaten and it shouldn't just be placed akin any normal title-winning campaign in prestige terms. There should be a bonus.

Has anyone ever gone a season unbeaten without winning the league?

i didnt get it , why?

cos i had like 27 wins and 2 draws , and by that time , ive won the premier league already LOL

Think you're the only one? Same with most of my seasons. You win with abuot 8-10 matches to play, and important fixtures in the FA Cup and Champ League. So you let your second/third team take over all your league fixtures. That or you already did that in a match earlier in the season against a bottom three club away from home and got caught out.

That's why it's such a worthy feat. Most people who go undefeated will have won their league early, but they still get it. The achievement is never getting caught out and a significant part is not getting caught out when you don't need to get a result.

Hoping to do it for the first time on this edition of the game this season! End of Jan and I'm unbeaten. Only conceded 6 goals in the league all season, defeats don't tend to happen if you don't concede. I've actually not lost since early Jan last season, so I've gone a seasons worth of games unbeaten, just not an actual season!

My team always lays back when there are matches left and I'm already champion... I gotta achieve this someday!

It's definitely worth the hassle and perhaps jeapordising your performances in other matches. Strangest thing about the most recent one if mine (the 3rd of 3) was that i had risked so many matches throughout the season with my b-team. They played the whole league cup and whole FA Cup, some of the C/L and some early easy league matches at home, that by the end of the season when they were needed to rest the other players they had gelled into such a strong 2nd team they were almost as good as my first team (having a great sqaud helps).

From what i can remember i had to force the other ones and purposefuly use my first team when i normally wouldn't have. BTW i just got beaten in the league after 53 matches unbeaten >.<.

After going 71 league games unbeaten (jncluding both games against Real Madrid in both seasons), we have finally been beaten. By Almeria. At home. Battered them all game. Their winner was an own goal.

The second and winning goal scored by Fulham against me at home was an own goal by me too. Making it 1-2. I also had been humping them all game and that was the end of my smaller 53 games unbeaten run.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, gonna move it to the wishlist. Let's hope it can be added in the Jan patch...if not then by the next game, which if they iron out all the teething probs with the new things in this version should be an amazing version of FM.

Archived