Updates on Mac

Excuse my ignorance, but I have just started using a Mac in place of a PC. With a PC, whenever I updated the database was always available to use immediately. However with a Mac, the default database is still 11.0

Can anyone help this Mac newbie begin using the updates?

Thanks in advance.

• SI Staff

You just need to download the .dmg file of the relevant Patch and then unpack that and run the .pkg installer file inside with the game closed.

You may need to locate the game in the install process but it is all self-explanatory and step by step. The installer does everything for you. Let me know if you need any further help though :)

I have just re-installed the disk, so am running 11.0 at present. I have downloaded 11.2 to my Downloads folder on my HD. I know I need to extract the download and install it on my HD, I'm assuming in the Sports Interactive Folder. Which Sports Interactive sub-folder does it need to be installed in?

• Administrators

Just run the file, it will pick up the FM installation on your hard drive and patch it. (Applications -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager) is the directory you should be installing the patch on.

Let us know how you get on.

• 3 weeks later...

** DEFAULT DATABASE NOT AVAILABLE error on Mac? **

I can't get mine to start a new game. It's a fresh installation so it has never successfully run for me. The 2011 program loads, but will not create a new game. It says the default database is not available. Any ideas? I'm trying all related threads I can find through search, hence the post here.

I first installed with STEAM (on a 2010 Mac Mini running 10.6.5) and even though the installation said it was successful, and STEAM verify says all is OK, it will not create a new game. It says the default database is not available.

So I removed it all from the HDD (uninstalled game and STEAM too, including deleting the User/Caches and User/Preferences, etc) then did a local installation direct from DVD without STEAM. It too said it was successful, and FM2011 will run, but as before it will not create a new game. It says the default database is not available (identical error).

Any ideas?

• SI Staff

Hi Doire. Can you try uninstalling the DVD version and giving Steam another go ensuring you delete cache/preferences again but before launching the game use the "verify integrity of game cache" option in Steam to see if that helps. Thanks

Archived