FM2011 for dummies... old timer 4 years out of touch.

SSC

I used to be a big player of the series, all the way back to the CM2 days, but havent been into the game for a few years, namely cause of end of uni, hectic job and travelling. Ive just got back and want to get into FM11 again, but really would love a brief summary of the changes and such. Just basically a feel for whats new before I go out and spend the money (and the time!) playing the thing. Is it buggy like some of the old versions?

Cheers in advance.

Guest vegyegan

I would read the thread on the new patch version as it only game out yesterday. I have played a few hours on it last night however and it seemed ok to me. I still use a disc version. There have been quite a few changes, the matches can now be viewed in 3d and basically the game has evovled much like the modern game with agents high wages and all. I am still enjoying it. I didnt have some of the problems other people did, but it wasnt perfect.

I used to be a big player of the series, all the way back to the CM2 days, but havent been into the game for a few years, namely cause of end of uni, hectic job and travelling. Ive just got back and want to get into FM11 again, but really would love a brief summary of the changes and such. Just basically a feel for whats new before I go out and spend the money (and the time!) playing the thing. Is it buggy like some of the old versions?

Cheers in advance.

Could I suggest that you download the demo. There has been so many changes all to the good in my opinion, that it would take a page or two to describe the transitions from the old cm/early fm to todays' iteration; even if, at the moment, there's a few glitches.

I believe Steam are offering the game for about £20

SSC the main things you will notice when you play now are:

The tactics have moved on quite a bit since the with ball/ without ball carry on, the sliders for each position and the team instructions are pretty sensitive, so if your feeling like making tactics and such dont go wild with them! The transfers are also a lot more drawn out, with more focus on part payments and spreading payments over a number of months now being the norm, and while the match engine is more detailed, the whole press conference thing is time consuming and repetitive, you will find that if you get a half decent assistant manager in the game, he can answer press conferences and do team talks, etc for you, leaving you to concentrate on tactics and training and scouting etc.

Speaking of training and scouting these have been changed totally since the older days, again training using the slider system, although it is far easier to create good training schedules than good tactics (in one go). Scouting a player is mainly to give you an idea of how much you are likely to have to spend on a player, unless you decide to use attribute masking.

On the whole I would say the game has improved, and overall i would say it has gotten easier, but it definately is more fiddly than it used to be.

Probably the best way to get back into the feel of it is to read these forums, the detail folk go into sometimes astounds me!

Hope your enjoying it!

Archived