[iPhone] Requests for Items to be included in the next update

Marc......would appreciate if you can see whether is would be feasible to include the below in the next update and see what everyone else feels about it

Tips for next update:

1. When clicking on a players box (to the left of his name) it gives you the option to place him anywhere in the first 11/subs, however if you select an existing players position it puts you in that position and moves the other player to a non position even if you were in a previous position (if that makes sense)

For example if Torres is STR and Ngog is S2 and I click on S2 I can place Ngog in Torres's current STR position but instead of putting Torres in S2 and swapping him (like it does when you drag and drop) it just removes him from a position

2. Abity to sort scout reports by value or any other column

3. Messages in a list instead of the current full page setup, makes it easier to see things at a glace

4. Merging of all international updates into one pages (for example which players have been selected for thier respective countries)

5. Can FMHi do loan contracts with a future fee?

What does everyone else think of the above?

(added iPhone tag)

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff

Good idea - please keep posting here chaps (just to let you know though - the Apple store submission/review system will be down over xmas so there won't be any updates available until after the holiday period ends).

Hi Belissma, please see below for the responses to your points

1. When clicking on a players box (to the left of his name) it gives you the option to place him anywhere in the first 11/subs, however if you select an existing players position it puts you in that position and moves the other player to a non position even if you were in a previous position (if that makes sense)

For example if Torres is STR and Ngog is S2 and I click on S2 I can place Ngog in Torres's current STR position but instead of putting Torres in S2 and swapping him (like it does when you drag and drop) it just removes him from a position

We are aware of this issue. Occasionally a solution to one problem can lead to trouble elsewhere, as has occurred with this example. Therefore it is safer to leave a less severe issue open if its fix could potentially cause a more dramatic one. It's been updated now and I'm sure Marc will be persuaded to give another look to this, if possible

2. Abity to sort scout reports by value or any other column

This is something I would really like to see too and I have bumped it up in our database

3. Messages in a list instead of the current full page setup, makes it easier to see things at a glace

Initially, when the new News screen was implemented we generally felt a bit unaware of things that were going on in other news items. I'm sure you will get used to it over time but rest assured that we have discussed this and it's something to consider

4. Merging of all international updates into one pages (for example which players have been selected for thier respective countries)

This is a very good idea and I will add it to our database

5. Can FMHi do loan contracts with a future fee?

Currently the answer is no. This sort of feature would be really nice to see in the game but some things are not possible for one reason or another. I will add this to our database, cross your fingers

Excellent follow up to 2011 and the price is brilliant (i would have paid over a tenner for it). In my opinion its better than the PSP version too. Anyway just a few suggestions of things id like to see.. although i am aware of memory restrictions.....

In the manager stats can the amount of manager of month awards/year be added?

Can club history be added with info like.... biggest wins/defeats..highest league positions, highest/lowest attendances, all time top appearance/goals.

I see when you search clubs, in the England filter theres Blue square North & South. Can these leagues not be an option to activate by only selecting the English database only?

• SI Staff
Excellent follow up to 2011 and the price is brilliant (i would have paid over a tenner for it). In my opinion its better than the PSP version too. Anyway just a few suggestions of things id like to see.. although i am aware of memory restrictions.....

Glad you're enjoying it.

In the manager stats can the amount of manager of month awards/year be added?

I'll look into that.

Can club history be added with info like.... biggest wins/defeats..highest league positions, highest/lowest attendances, all time top appearance/goals.

Ditto.

I see when you search clubs, in the England filter theres Blue square North & South. Can these leagues not be an option to activate by only selecting the English database only?

At the moment they're not available as 'active' leagues - but hopefully in a future version as some stage we'll learn enough about the device to milk a bit more performance/efficiency out of it and manage to get them in - time will tell.

• SI Staff
Marc: your saying that you cant add all features because of the memory... But the iphone/ipod have "atleast" 128mb of ram compared to 64mb on the PSP... And the newer devices have more... So why cant you add more things?

Please bear in mind that at present a lot of the code base is shared between the PSP and iDevice games - this is a HUGE boon in terms of development and helps make both products more viable than they would do otherwise, however obviously it does restrict the game in some ways at present (its my home that the iPhone game will continue to establish itself to the extent where it will be possible to branch further off from the existing PSP game and the restrictions there in - time will tell).

If you're a coder you'll have probably noticed already that the iPhone game has branched some features 'out' from the PSP game where they aren't fundamental to the core of the game itself and it was possible to branch 'cleanly' - for instance the PSP didn't have the memory to handle the new stadium views etc. - but it was possible to easily fragment just that one area of code without affecting the rest of the game, obviously with regards to things like database and competitions which are incredibly fundamental to the game itself its somewhat more complex to undertake - especially if you consider we only have a limited timeframe for development and a fairly compact team working on the products.

If you're interested in the nitty gritty then I'm happy to continue this via. PM's/email - but obviously do bear in mind that there is a limit to exactly 'how much' information I can give away about how the game design fits together ... and I don't want to send the rest of the chaps reading this thread to sleep by posting lots of techy stuff here if I can help it :D

You'll be able to branch off completely after the meeting with Miles in January when he is going to tell you that PSP is dead and there won't be any new versions of FM for it. Then, Marc, you'll be free to add as you (and we) wish....This being said I was finally able to buy FMH on the PSN store and I'm enjoying it a lot. :D

1. When a player has been out for an international match and I get the news, I miss the ability to see what the result/his stat was.

2. Danish characters in name is not possible. Please make it so :)

3. In the player search it is possible to filter on attributes, however if I want to change a filter I've made, then I have to delete it first and then create it again. How about making it possible to just change the one(s) created?

4. Will the selection of more leagues remove top club players? It seems that a lot of top clubs players are missing when I select more leagues. E.g. players from Shaktar are not in the game if I have selected England (manage in) and Scotland (extra league).

Thanks for the quick responses guys, just to say that I am thoroughly enjoying this game on my iPhone, defiantly the best app and so far the only one I have paid for except for flickfoot (but that was only .59p) and especially after reading the abysmal reviews of Champ Manager on the iPhone I am more than surprised that this has turned out to be an excellent and long term game that I can see myself playing right up to FMHi2012

i find when i change a tactic/instructions in a game, it changes it back to default in the team -> tactics option which is really fustrating. please change!

This has always been the case with Football Manager games. Changes are only retained when made outside of matches (before/after). Any changes made during a match is deemed to be you just tweaking things in response to what is happening in that particular match and that you will not want to override your 'standard' tactics in the long term.

If you do make a change in a match that you think will benefit your 'standard' tactics then you need to mirror the change after the match. This will then apply to all matches afterwards.

I do like FMi 11.However there are a couple of issues that i think you need to readdress.The most important for is that some players are missing when selecting muptiple leagues. Yaya Sanogo, Harris Vukcic and Sergio Canales they dont appear when loading Italy,Spain and England.I find it rather annoying

Just a little glitch, don't know if anyone else notices it.

Sometimes (mostly very time) one of my players concedes a penalty, the commentary freezes, so do the players. I don't see the ref call the player over, and it jumps to the penalty screen. Also i don't find out the player's been booked until i check afterwards.

Just a small glitch but it does muck up the flowingness of the match sometimes.

I manager Liverpool as well.

Saving team selections is also something i'd like to see. Also, as I'm sure has been said, it would be nice to be able to manually promote reserve and youth players.

On a different note, I'm a bit disappointed in the pricing of the game, especially considering its really just a slight update on the last game. If you can't make it cheaper how about giving a discount for those who bought the previous season game to encourage brand loyalty?

iPhone version: I've found a problem when I want to improve the contract of a player I've just bought, I change the money per week, I confirm, and the player reject the contract, becuase the numbers really didn't change as I did, they didn't change at all... Is thais any kind of bug that the game is not able to change the conditions of the contract?

Thanks, and cobgrats for the game

iPhone version: I've found a problem when I want to improve the contract of a player I've just bought, I change the money per week, I confirm, and the player reject the contract, becuase the numbers really didn't change as I did, they didn't change at all... Is thais any kind of bug that the game is not able to change the conditions of the contract?

Thanks, and cobgrats for the game

I'm not certain what problem you are having exactly.

You have bought a player and now want to increase his wage-

- What is his current wage?

- What is the wage allowed by the board? (When you go to offer contract, it should say this on the second line in the top half of the screen)

- What amount are you offering to the player?

- Do you get a news message later, saying the player has rejected?

Sorry for all the questions, it will hopefully help discover what is wrong :)

it would be good to see the club you were managing and final league position for each year on the managers screen; i.e

10/11 Tamworth 16th BSP

11/12 Tamworth 1st BSP

12/13 Rotherham 1st L2

13/14 Doncaster 11th L1

it makes it good to look back on for people who like to role out many seasons.

it would be good to see the club you were managing and final league position for each year on the managers screen; i.e

10/11 Tamworth 16th BSP

11/12 Tamworth 1st BSP

12/13 Rotherham 1st L2

13/14 Doncaster 11th L1

it makes it good to look back on for people who like to role out many seasons.

This is something that we often talk about as we would like it too and I think was mentioned elsewhere this week on the forums. It is in our list of features that we will fight to get in to the game! Some things are more difficult if it means keeping old info in the future but I know Marc is always trying his best to get the game as detailed as possible.

Loving this new version of FMH, very addictive.

Just a couple of things I wonder could be added:

- Ability to choose random team when selecting what team you want to manage.

- Ability to save your formation, team instruction and tactical role settings i.e. save your tactic (is this already in the game and I’m just missing it). Seems as if I want 2 different 4-3-3 formations I have to manually change the settings every time I change between them.

- Like someone else said the option to sort your scouting reports screen by different columns would help allot. Is there a reason only a certain amount of scout reports are retained such as memory issues?

Excellent job on this version though, it’s coming along nicely.

Just a little glitch, don't know if anyone else notices it.

Sometimes (mostly very time) one of my players concedes a penalty, the commentary freezes, so do the players. I don't see the ref call the player over, and it jumps to the penalty screen. Also i don't find out the player's been booked until i check afterwards.

Just a small glitch but it does muck up the flowingness of the match sometimes.

I manager Liverpool as well.

I also get this. The penalty is given and then it freezes for a good 20-30 seconds before jumping to the penalty scenario.

I post this every year but I'd still like to see post match news comments by fans or media on match results. If your Fulham team beats Man Utd 5-0 against the odds, you want someone to say well done!! You sometimes get a comment on how well you did for cup games but that's only because the game has to tell you that you're in or out of the cup.

My requests so far:

a) More options to interact with the players will be great - i.e. Disciplinary ban, Fines for game behaviour like Red Card, 92. Minute with 5-0 lead!

b) Players personality - Needs more information provided within players profile - Especially if you still want to increase the tactical deepness of the game without the statistical background information provided by the PC Version. I guess it is still your intension to keep things simple or make it playable?

Cheers Oliver

c)

Marc, could we have the following:

- select and copy/paste text (fixtures/news) to another app

- possibility of sending email with the news, not only through twitter

- saving a screenshot (ipad1 users)

- saving a game also with a name

- ability to send/load a saved game on another device

- define a cache 25/50/100 mb and save matches/reports to play later through main menu

- network game

- some intermediate screens that would allow you to analyze or delay certain offers (manager job offer)

- log manager career with more details

- Argentine league, also World Champions as Brazil, Spain, Italy, Germany, England. Who picked the Argentine teams that are now shown ?

- ... to be continued

Thanks and keep up the good work

I play through matches with commentary only option. I can understand that if you are losing 1-0 or holding onto a draw that in the last few minutes, there is a constant running commentary of events, when nothing significant is happening. But any chance of that occurring less especially if matches are pretty much decided?

It would be good to see an extension of the hall of fame as it only shows the top 50 managers and thier reputations. i'd like to see this showing each manager in the selected league because in the later seasons its interesting to know who's managing who without clicking on each clubs info individualy.

Note~ this is the hall of fame when NOT logged into game centre.

• SI Staff
I play through matches with commentary only option. I can understand that if you are losing 1-0 or holding onto a draw that in the last few minutes, there is a constant running commentary of events, when nothing significant is happening. But any chance of that occurring less especially if matches are pretty much decided?

I've improved the commentary flow for the first update - let me know what you think once you've played with that and if you like it better the new way pls.

I've improved the commentary flow for the first update - let me know what you think once you've played with that and if you like it better the new way pls.

Thanks, I will definitely post here later once the update is out and give you feedback on the commentary.

I have a few suggestions;

1. When playing a match, could the tactics page be more accessible? e.g. Team Instructions, Player tactical roles; since these are the ones I tend to use the most apart from substituting.

2. Sorting players by their PA or CA in search and shortlist; easier to find gems e.g. 2 CA and 7 PA.

And also is there an easier way for the board approving your requests when your a lower tier team?

1. When playing a match, could the tactics page be more accessible? e.g. Team Instructions, Player tactical roles; since these are the ones I tend to use the most apart from substituting.

Do you have any particular ideas about how to make them more accessible? Is this the first version you have played or did you play on the 2010 version?

2. Sorting players by their PA or CA in search and shortlist; easier to find gems e.g. 2 CA and 7 PA.

You can sort players by potential and ability in player search but this will only include players who you have scouted. Shortlist and Scout Results sorting is something that I have personally requested gets in the game, so fingers crossed ;)

And also is there an easier way for the board approving your requests when your a lower tier team?

Managing at lower league level is notorious for its difficulty. If you manage to make your financial situation favourable and give the board reason to expect future development of the club then they will be more likely to grant your requests but it is intended to be a special and worthy event as opposed to being something everybody can easily use.

I apologise if it's already there - but could you implement a way to turn Sugar Daddy/all other unlockables off?

I'm guessing the message I had was Sugar Daddy anyway - something about the chairman (don't think it specified whether they were new or not, don't have the message any more) giving a cash injection to the club, and my transfer budget at Barcelona shot up to 110mil, happened in my 3rd season after winning every conceivable competition in my 2nd :D

• SI Staff
I apologise if it's already there - but could you implement a way to turn Sugar Daddy/all other unlockables off?

I'm guessing the message I had was Sugar Daddy anyway - something about the chairman (don't think it specified whether they were new or not, don't have the message any more) giving a cash injection to the club, and my transfer budget at Barcelona shot up to 110mil, happened in my 3rd season after winning every conceivable competition in my 2nd :D

If this was the sugar daddy unlockable then you should find its present in the preferences section under 'Unlockables as something you can toggle on and off.

My belated FM Christmas list :D

1. Board ultimatums. I have been banging on about this for ages and its a feature of the PC versions that I really really enjoy. I fully understand the concept of board requests and how they work. However, I think if you work your way up as a talented and successful manager, (a la Fergie or Wenger), I think you should have some power within the club and should a request be turned down, delivering an ultimatum is fully justified. It's also very very fun to do.

2. Better player interaction. At the moment you can only publically or privately say something positive or negative about a player. I think this is too generic. There are times when a player has played poorly, got himself sent off and I've used the player interaction to show my frustration. However, I don't think this is always linked to the event that caused you to be unhappy and I would also like the ability to fine players when they act unprofressionally.

3. Team interaction. It would be good to collectively praise or criticise (at your perill) the team based on a result. I was top of the league, doing well and my team lost badly to an 8th placed team. I wanted to publically kick them on the backside for being complacent.

4. Team talks. I guess this can fall under team interaction but setting out your expectations is really useful and fun. Half time team talks are also very useful to rally, praise or criticise your team.

5. More media interaction. I think more stories relating to players, board, fans and rival managers should occur. Obviously how you respond will greatly affect your status as a manager.

6. Player runs. I think everyone wants to see this implemented. It's something I feel is severely lacking on the tactics side of things.

7. Along with Twitter, the ability to post FM related Facebook updates. Being able to access the SI Forums through FM2011 would be handy as well.

Cheers.

Archived