PDA

View Full Version : [iPhone] Missing countries in the setup

MikaelS
16-12-2010, 08:47
Just got the FMHi 2011 and I noticed that when I have to select additional countries, some are missing.

Countries to manage in:
Australia, Belgium, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Portugal, Scotland, Spain

When I select a country (let's say I pick England) and confirm the next screen appear. Here I can select:

Belgium, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Portugal, Scotland, Spain

Now where did Australia and Brazil go?

David Milmine
16-12-2010, 08:57
Hi MikaelS

I'm afraid to say that Australia and Brazil cannot be selected as background leagues due to memory limitations.

MikaelS
16-12-2010, 09:09
Aah right. That makes sense then. Thanks for clearing that up :)

David Milmine
16-12-2010, 17:27
Just to clear things up a bit. Basically, the PSP version and iPhone version share some code and for some areas we need to ensure that the game performs at a high level on both platforms. To optimise certain areas on PSP it's not possible to have Australia and Brazil in the background. We have a great selection of leagues and now the ability to run up to four countries is a great improvement, in my own opinion.

f1dave
04-05-2011, 17:00
Just to add my 2c (found this thread before reporting it as a dupe bug) it's a shame that it has to be this way as Australia is a one-division league that could run quite nicely in the bg and present extra managerial options. Whereas if I start a save in the BSP it would be a bit silly to get sacked and then say, look for jobs in another country which I wouldnt have a hope of getting as you'd have the top divisions only of say Germany, Italy, Spain.

rafafloripa
05-05-2011, 10:20
Just to add my 2c (found this thread before reporting it as a dupe bug) it's a shame that it has to be this way as Australia is a one-division league that could run quite nicely in the bg and present extra managerial options. Whereas if I start a save in the BSP it would be a bit silly to get sacked and then say, look for jobs in another country which I wouldnt have a hope of getting as you'd have the top divisions only of say Germany, Italy, Spain.

Just speculating: maybe the 'memory' problem of Australia and Brazil does not come from their league sizes. Instead, it probably arises from their different calendars, transfer seasons, and additional competitions (like Libertadores, Sudamericana, Campeonato Paulista...)

David Milmine
06-05-2011, 15:55
The main reason for Australia and Brazil not being selectable as background leagues is because they're not in Europe. When Australia or Brazil are selected as the primary leagues, players need to be 'active' who otherwise wouldn't be appearing.