11.2 Cannot find default database

• 3 weeks later...

Underwater Sunlight, thank you for the post.

Yes, I've installed and uninstalled multiple times, both in Admin and User accounts, and also via local disc (then patched to 11.2.1) and also via STEAM. Always I get this database error, regardless of installation process.

Any ideas? Do you know what file it seems unable to find?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Have any of you experiencing the issue recently restored your OS via a Time Machine backup at all? Have you tried a full uninstall and reinstall of the game and patched ensuring that the 'Sports Interactive' folders in the following locations have been removed:

User > Library > Caches

&

User > Library > Preferences

Thanks

Have any of you experiencing the issue recently restored your OS via a Time Machine backup at all? Have you tried a full uninstall and reinstall of the game and patched ensuring that the 'Sports Interactive' folders in the following locations have been removed:

User > Library > Caches

&

User > Library > Preferences

Thanks

I haven't done anything with Time Machine any time recently, and I uninstalled and reinstalled the games once again making sure the folders were removed, but I still get the same error.

I haven't done anything with Time Machine any time recently, and I uninstalled and reinstalled the games once again making sure the folders were removed, but I still get the same error.

I'm not sure how, but I finally got it to work. I had to uninstall the game completely (again), then I restarted my computer (don't know why I thought that would help) the I verified integrity of game files, restarted Steam, verified integrity of game files again, then I tried to start the game up and it worked fine. So one of those steps worked.

Archived