How big an impact do AI managers make?

They definitely make a difference. In my current game, before I moved away from Newcastle Quique Flores moved to Arsenal from Atlético Madrid. Wenger moved to Sevilla (?!) where he eventually got sacked. Quique Flores, on the other hand, is still going strong and doing a damn good job. Currently leads the table with like 15 points. David Moyes, who took my spot at Newcastle, is in 2nd place. He won the league last year.

Another example from my current game is that Barcelona aren't as strong tactically after Guardiola left to manage Spain. Tito Villanova manages them now. All in all, the managers do a big difference compared to FM 10.

I'll soon find out how much difference they make in my current save. I've just got to the end of my first season managing in Level 9, and in the EPL Man Citeh (14th) have just sacked Mancini and poached Redknapp, and Spurs (3rd) have replaced him with Allardyce! How do you think the two clubs will fare next season?

In my game it's the sameold story, 5 seasons in and no one is coming anywhere near me in the league. Manu, city, chelsea and Liverpool arnt replacing aging players fast enough and are losing home games to wolves and Peterborough and the likes. It seems to me that ai managers count for the first 3 seasons when they have a squad designed for them but can't seem to maintain that squad.

Archived