Player not regaining condition

I have a defender whose condition never seems to recover above the 90%, no matter if I play him or not.

What can be wrong? Too much, or too little training? Or simply jaded?

Nothing special in coach of physio reports.

Phys. stats: Pace 15, Sta 12, Str 15.

Training settings, currently on Defending, so:

Fitness Intensive

Tactices Light

Att: None

Goalk: None

Def: Intensive

Motivational: None

I have a defender whose condition never seems to recover above the 90%, no matter if I play him or not.

Fitness Intensive

Tactices Light

Fitness Intensive

Tactices Light

• SI Staff

What stage in the season is he at also - visible condition is actually a combination of 'fitness' and 'condition', that is both have to be 100% for the display to show 100%.

As such during the later part of a season you'll often see players with 95% or similar showing for condition - this is because they might be fully fit but they're in the midst of a gruelling season and so a little knackered from the continual playing.

How much effect this sort of thing has is obviously partially down to his age, stamina etc.

PS> If he's got really really low stamina and is old then you might have to lower that training regime - either that or you'll force him to realise he can't 'cut it' in your training regimes any more and eventually retire ...

Don't have my PSP on me right now, but the player is somewhere in his midtwenties IIRC (23-26 somewhere). The period was mid-March, Serie A.

The final part of the season, it got slightly better: with no more midweek games, condition got to around 92% instead of the usual 86-89% (note: even without playing him, condition wouldn't increase. Though I did usually select him as a sub, but not playing him in the match)

But how to combat the slower regaining of fitness best? Is it usually a symptom of too intensive training and playing, or is it a symptom of too little training and laziness of the player?

If the first, change the training regime (do I have to increase the fitness training but decrease everything else, the other way around, or lower all round?) could help I guess. Completely resting the player might help too, including not even selecting him in the match squad, noet even as a reserve?

if the second, increase the training regime, especially the fitness settings?

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But how to combat the slower regaining of fitness best? Is it usually a symptom of too intensive training and playing, or is it a symptom of too little training and laziness of the player? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It could be either to be honest - if its a too intensive regime then often your assistant will warn you and you should see the player has a low stamina or similar stats (age makes it harder for him to keep up slightly also).

If its a lazy player then similarly you might get reports of him not turning up for training or being lax ...

Sometimes though it might just be a grueling season if you're staying in all competitions throughout it ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

It could be either to be honest - if its a too intensive regime then often your assistant will warn you and you should see the player has a low stamina or similar stats (age makes it harder for him to keep up slightly also).

If its a lazy player then similarly you might get reports of him not turning up for training or being lax ...

Sometimes though it might just be a grueling season if you're staying in all competitions throughout it ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Marc.

I'm not getting any reports by anybody in my staff that would indicate one over the other. I suspect it's the result of a long season, what are possible measures? I can think of:

a) Increase training aspect "Fitness" a notch, decrease other training aspects

b) Decrease training aspect "Fitness" a notch

c) Decrease all training aspects a notch

d) Select only as a sub in the match squad, play only in emergencies

e) Don't select the player at all

I'm especially interested in whether option a or b should be chosen; and if there's a difference between d and e.

Archived