FM11-11.2-Getting jobs.

Does anyone know if it easier to get a job on this patch because on the previous one it was almost impossible to get another job while at a club already. I have seen several people say they have this issue I also had this issue which I found really difficult especially when someone with a lower rep than you gets the job.

Thanks.

I'm curious about this too. Only found the Human unfair advantage-fix in the list. A bug I hadn't noticed by the way, no advantage in my stats I guess, applying my socks off but never getting a job except for 8th tier...

I agree getting a job too easily is unrealistic. But if I win the scottish league with Celtic and then be laughed at by Boston United after I apply there is a bit odd.. If I'm willing to work for a Boston salary I would guess they'd sign me. Arsene Wenger may not be likely to apply for a job in the conference, but if he'd like to do that I'd guess he would be signed instantly..

Not to imply that I would like SI to make these kind of AI-manager-transfers likely in FM though. But humans should be able to skip jobs every once in a while, and clubs of similar or lower rep should be interested more than they are now (interest seems to be nill in 11.1.1).

well i did a test last night, won 1 league and 2 cups with aberdeen now in the 6th season, i retired and walked into the Preston and leeds jobs quite easily, preston are in the championship and leeds in the prem, seems quite realistic. I have also been offered the CSKA Moscow job last season, i was a bit worried about this as well as i like to move around after a few seasons.

After two mid table Premier League finishes with Middlesbrough, I've been offered the Man Utd job (I applied for it) as well as the Werder Bremen job amongst others.

Haven't had any issues in terms of job offers on any of the patches.

Originally Posted by Neil Brock

There have been changes made in the area regarding applying for jobs - if you are still having any issues post-patch, please raise them with examples in the bugs forum and we'll look into it, as obviously it's a rather large area with many different factors which are taken into account. Thanks.

This is on the feedback thread.

The posts by milnerpoint, walsh and the comment by Neil Brock (thanx for that Raven, went past me that one) sound quite reassuring.

And I am happy for it 'cause I'm not having the best of luck at Thatcham Town in 8th tier (lowest loaded). On the verge of a sack I'm afraid, and I was a bit worried my career game would be over after that. Might still be though, and probably rightly so, sucking at that level will not draw a lot of interest in the real world ;-) But I'm at that level due to the bug though (applied at about fifty clubs and settled for Thatcham in the end, my only offer), I would have been higher up the pyramid after my previous job normally...

I hope once I'm more successfull spontaneous job offers (from clubs I havent applied at) start reappearing once in a while. Havent seen many of those in FM10 and none in FM11.

This really annoyed me on the last patch and I do not think it has been improved. I manage in the New Zealand league and my manager is English my reputation has risen to continental thanks to great performances in the Club World Cup and winning the O-League. I do not expect to get a job anywhere big but even BSP teams laugh off my interest. I also realise that the New Zealand league is of an extremely low reputation but on FM10 I had no problem moving to the A-League after great performances in New Zealand. As it is I cannot carry on my career game as every club laughs at me, what makes it more annoying is at the very start of the game I could get a job in the English league two now I can get nowhere near it.

I have heard that you can only go to a league that has the same star rating reputation of the one you are currently in. This makes my career game unplayable and I have wasted hours on the save and now I have no chance of moving to any club anywhere. I cannot see anything on the fix list about improving this aspect of the game. I PMed Neil Brock and he told me the issue will be looked into that was around a week a go, here's hoping for the next patch.

Archived