New Game: Active Leagues

Hey guys, I am pretty new to Football Manager (just got it yesterday), but I am excited to get going with it. As a manager, I want to start in the MLS, but I am sure I want to move from country to country and league to league eventually. I was wondering how many countries and leagues should I activate. Is it realistic to make every country active?

Thanks

it depends on the specs of your PC matey, I have a 3 year old lap top that was mid range when I got it, I find 20 leagues with a large DB (ie England 7, Italy 7 Spain 6) more than runable, I did push it up to 30 but it ran to slow for my personal liking. Its all depends on your PC and patience but you'd need a damn fine PC to run them all tbh

I have a new-ish laptop (about 6 months old, Intel Core 5 with 4 processors). Running roughly 25 countries with about 60 leagues and a large database.

It's not lightning fast, but it chugs along pretty decently. From my experience, that's about the maximum number of countries/leagues I can select without the game becoming annoyingly slow.

I would probably go for Mexican Premier League (to make the NACL a little bit easier), couple of English leagues and then personal preference. I think I chose Scotland. MLS is quite good. I've got a save with Toronto FC at the moment, good fun, though it's difficult to keep your good players around. :p

Archived