11.2 Patch now I want to restart

At this rate I will never finish a season. The 11.2 patch has just been released, but now I just want to start again because of the corrections made. I dont blast seasons out like other players do - (have a 1year old son) and am just about to finish my first season. I know there will always be patches and corrections to be made but not of this magnitude. They have released the game when there is soooo much wrong with it, I start a game and a few months down the line another patch is released, so I have to start again and so on you get the picture. I want to be in it for the long haul and build new stadia bring up new youths etc but I cant do this as new patches are constantly being introduced. If the game was brought out after alot more testing then the patches would not be so drastic and I could continue knowing that it was only small tweaks here and there. Before i know it the 2012 game will be out and the whole process starts again.

I have made my decision in writing this. It is better to be a year behind when playing the FM games. I would rather play the latest version of 2011 when the 2012 game is released fro a whole year than playing the early version of 2012 and having this dilema all over again.

At this rate though the patch will be 99.999999999

You are missing the point. How long did/does it take for people to play a few seasons and identify problems with the game?

They (SI) should be doing this and release the game after! You wouldn't buy anything else at retail price that is broken.

What you are actually doing is their job for them. . . . der!

All I was saying was they should do more testing before the first release so patches will be less significant.

I am not a person who gets up to year 3568 in the game in my dungeon room at my parents house.

I have my own house, beautiful girlfriend (have you ever had one?) and a son - ie. A LIFE.

That "Grow Up" reply is an absolute classic from someone who has posted over 600 threads... ha ha ha

You are missing the point. How long did/does it take for people to play a few seasons and identify problems with the game?

They (SI) should be doing this and release the game after! You wouldn't buy anything else at retail price that is broken.

All I was saying was they should do more testing before the first release so patches will be less significant.

I am not a person who gets up to year 3568 in the game in my dungeon room at my parents house.

I have my own house, beautiful girlfriend (have you ever had one?) and a son - ie. A LIFE.

That "Grow Up" reply is an absolute classic from someone who has posted over 600 threads... ha ha ha

Right, well I think you'll find this post has been done 394848 times. And that wasn't your initial point.

Nice to see your case for having a "life" is being argued over an internet forum for a football simulation game. You must have a crazy life dude!

SI always releases a version 2 patch in December and a version 3 after the January transfer window. These include fixes as well as data changes that occur during the real seasons and cannot be added in the initial release (unless SI has the gift of prophesy or foresight!!). This is how it has always been so don't act all suprised. Calm down, grow, or any other platitude....

your reasoning is a silly argument

you have a choice, you can either buy the game when its released and accept that its going to be patched 2 or 3 times in the next 4 months, or you could wait until the game has been fully patched and buy it then. but its silly to say you dont have time to play a game and then when its patched restart it, because either way, once FM is fully patched you are at the same point in time. whether you started your first game on march 15 or whether you restarted 3 times and then started again on march 15 you are starting your new game at the same point. at least with a november release we all get to play the game and those that accept that it will be patched can enjoy it. if they waited til march 15 and released a mythical fully patched game there'd still be moaners about something

I kind of understand the OP. For many years now I have been fooled into believing the latest version of FM will be released without major bugs yet each year I have been the fool for believing this.

Instead of waiting a whole year before playing, what I will do from now on, as well as reading others having the same opinion, is to only buy the game in January and not each release date. This will ensure you will have a good year long game before each new version is released and by buying in January, not only will you beable to buy the game cheaper, possibly in the budget isle but the patches will be out and the game fixed.

With a response like this I think the grow up statement is actually quite fair. If you even took a moment to understand what goes into writing a piece of software, let alone a complex football management simulation you would appreciate that there is no way on earth that any software can go without a patch, this is not just due to the one million different variations of PC configuration but also the different software that people run in the background whilst playing (not just visible).

All the patches are save game compatible anyway, they always have been so there is no need to restart....der !

When someone joins the forum in 2006 and gets up to 600 + posts compared to you 4 posts in just 1 day, chances are you will dwarf his 600 posts in half the time, hope your girlfriend and son are happy about you spending this amount of time on forums for FM, perhaps you should invest in that dungeon room now.

there's always someone who moans when everyone else is happy lol.

Really... I didn't know everyone was happy. I must have missed the thread where no one is having any issue at all with the 11.2 patch.

Oh wait... there is that official feedback thread where so many people can't even continue a save if they wanted to.

Not that I approve of the OP, but statements like this are no less moronic.

Personally I carry on with my old save with each new patch.

Nothing personal Brock, but I'd love to carry on with my saves, if I could... especially since none of the problems with the MLS were fixed except the registration bug. Why work my way around all the issues again when I already have and am in a stable position. Too bad I can't until you guys fix things.

Neither of my saves, made in the past couple of days, load. Realised it was down to the update as I was loading/saving fine this morning. Fortunately I hadn't completed pre-season, but I can't be the only one with this problem... can I? :)

Just noticed this on saves not loading: "This is something as said we're aware of and are looking into. If you wish to continue your game and have this league in your save, please do not patch up at this stage."

Can you roll back automatic Steam updates?

I kind of understand the OP. For many years now I have been fooled into believing the latest version of FM will be released without major bugs yet each year I have been the fool for believing this.

Instead of waiting a whole year before playing, what I will do from now on, as well as reading others having the same opinion, is to only buy the game in January and not each release date. This will ensure you will have a good year long game before each new version is released and by buying in January, not only will you beable to buy the game cheaper, possibly in the budget isle but the patches will be out and the game fixed.

Then don't let them fool you. I mean with 2010 they were clearly lying about it, but that wasn't so hard to spot considering all the other stuff they were lying about in the build-up to that. Or was that 2009? Memories fade, memories mix, I don't even remember. In any case, just expect software to always come out buggy as hell, and only buy it when people in the relevant forums report that bugs are fought to a degree that makes you willing to play.

Can you roll back automatic Steam updates?

No.

I agree that I would like to have more "complete game" released, but I don't buy your argument. Basically you are saying that SI and Beta testers should be able to produce same amount of bugs/information about the game prior to release than the whole "playing community" after release. "Playing community" just happens to be X000 times larger group that SI and beta testers and therefore are able to produce more information. Basic mathematics that people forget.

BR

yugular

I agree that I would like to have more "complete game" released, but I don't buy your argument. Basically you are saying that SI and Beta testers should be able to produce same amount of bugs/information about the game prior to release than the whole "playing community" after release. "Playing community" just happens to be X000 times larger group that SI and beta testers and therefore are able to produce more information. Basic mathematics that people forget.

BR

yugular

Actually you do not need a large sample size to realize the transfer market and player interaction bug. The transfer market and player interaction bug is not a problem that is specific to certain kinds of computers or even certain kinds of gameplay. All you need to do is play the game a few seasons and actually buy new players or sell them. Only people who have not realized that these bugs are actually bugs are people who have not played the game for a few seasons or people who have not made a many transfers.

Simply put, the game was not tested like a real person would play it. Anyone who actually played the game would of realized the problem. Heck just make some random transfers and go on vacation for a few seasons. And you see Modric getting sold to Arsenal for pennies. Cristiano Ronaldo, Tevez, Fabregas, all sold for PENNIES. The list goes on.

Again these bugs are not computer related problems. They are just bad coding.

Personally I carry on with my old save with each new patch. The only changes you're really missing out on are data changes.

Yeah i would like to continue too my game but i CAN'T because of nice Polish leagues bug.

But most of the most annoying bugs are hideously obvious, that's what makes them so annoying.

Yeah i would like to continue too my game but i CAN'T because of nice Polish leagues bug.

Yeah, for the time I can't load my savegame I updated my Kazkhstan league XML for FM11.

I agree with the OP, if we had the self discipline to stay a year behind FM versions, we would get a much more finished product.

But SI knows that we are all addicts and after a year wait we can't wait to give them our money, convinced that this year it will be different and there won't be a ton of bugs, at least one of which will be severely damaging to long term games (regen problems broken finances, and this year transfers).

I am as guilty of this as anyone. So next year will all go through this again, we'll put our money down, FM will break sales records, and we'll spend a month complaining about all the 'broken' stuff in the game.

The good news for me this year, is I got distracted by a lot of other games and set my save aside for awhile. Especially good since I think I had the Polish leagues active.

I too like the OP am a slow player, just finished the first season. Given the recent issues re steam i thought that i would start a game afresh and now they have gone and quickly fixed the issue (dam em)

My delimma is to either continue in old (1 season long) game or keep with the new game which is also quite good - better start than last year re results and general gameplay.

If it's any consolation, I think the longest I have gone with an FM iteration is 3 seasons then there bring out a new one.

Personally I carry on with my old save with each new patch. The only changes you're really missing out on are data changes.

While this is true, you don't get the benefit of the fixture scheduling being fixed. You can still be asked to play a game while you have half your team out on internationals, and you can't benefit from the fix until a new game is started.

Actually, since you're almost done with you're first season, not re-starting would benefit you more than those who "blast through saves". For example, I re-started my Athletic save because with three seasons played with the penalty accuracy issue, it affected a number of results (good and bad for me), but since you haven't completed your season yet, you probably haven't been affected quite as much as other players. I'm also guessing that since you are angry about re-starting, you must be doing well- even better for you to continue (if my assumption is correct).

Understanding how the video game development cycle works, I'm ok with FM as a constant work in progress. There is too much pressure on a company like SI to deliver a new version each year with enough improvements to get people to buy it. If we expect them to produce a bug free gold standard release on the release date, then they would have to stop adding new features by June to ensure no new bugs are introduced.

Requiring a gold standard at release would mean each year's release would have fewer new features because more of the development budget would be spent on testing. Since they have a solid track record of getting it right after three patches I'm ok with the current system. Put yourself in the other man's shoe before you complain too loudly about his work.

At this rate I will never finish a season. The 11.2 patch has just been released, but now I just want to start again because of the corrections made. I dont blast seasons out like other players do - (have a 1year old son) and am just about to finish my first season. I know there will always be patches and corrections to be made but not of this magnitude. They have released the game when there is soooo much wrong with it, I start a game and a few months down the line another patch is released, so I have to start again and so on you get the picture. I want to be in it for the long haul and build new stadia bring up new youths etc but I cant do this as new patches are constantly being introduced. If the game was brought out after alot more testing then the patches would not be so drastic and I could continue knowing that it was only small tweaks here and there. Before i know it the 2012 game will be out and the whole process starts again.

I have made my decision in writing this. It is better to be a year behind when playing the FM games. I would rather play the latest version of 2011 when the 2012 game is released fro a whole year than playing the early version of 2012 and having this dilema all over again.

At this rate though the patch will be 99.999999999

Im surpised at some of the replies to this. Waterboy just made a valid point, expressed his feelings and got a load of garbage replies. I have just finished University and now in a steady job while still attempting to carry on my uni lifestyle. This means something has to go and that something is usually the amount of time playing FM. If I had anymore responsibilities I dont even think I could even play FM so I do have sympathy for Waterboy for his reasoning behind this thread.

I am also thinking about starting a new game after guiding a lower league team to the premiership since the FM2011 release date. During this time I have noticed the bugs such as, players getting unhappy, star players going for peanuts and a bug I didnt even know existed until 11.2 was released. The one were high league players with more willing to drop down a division, which is something that has obviously had a major impact on my game.

I just hope things change the more I keep playing as it feels I have cheated my way through the game somehow, due to the bugs that existed prior to 11.2.

I just want to know one thing from anybody thats tested it out; Has the ridiculous transfer issue been sorted out? Are players still becoming unhappy all the time for the slightest little thing and requesting transfers etc etc?

This for me really ruined the game and if thats fixed the game will be playable for me.

@Rampage - Thanks for the link. :thup:

Archived