Future FM and Request for SI

I have eagerly loved and played CM/FM since version 97/98 version, and each year bought the new game on release.

I bought FM11 and i think it is a good game, appart for bugs that will be fixed eventully. But its like that with all games these days :)

However i don`t like the development i see in the series. It aims to be a football managing simulator and that have always been great, but now im not so sure it suits me anymore.

Real life football for me have over the last 10 years lost all its charm and is not nearly what it used to be. Now everything evolves around money and the buisness factor, waaay to powerfull agents who manipulate players into wanting to move or wanting more wages, way to many unproffesional douchbag players who cares more about how their hair look then how they play..

FM is actually now turning into this aswell, wich is probably what they are aiming for since its a simulator, but to me its awful. I want the game to be about football, making tactics that suit your playing style, finding and develop young players to fit my team. Taking over a small club and slowly increasing its reputation, like it should be about in both real life and FM.

I Love FM10, as i find it to be the perfect balance between the game of football and the game of buisness. Except for the press conferance, with is a pain in the ***

Now i fear that from last years release and ahead it will only get worse, and that i have to make do with FM10 for a long time. I can live with that!

My (silly) request is therefore.

Make a FM game with less primadonnas, no Agents, and with no or limited press handling. But with new features like static league reputation, regens with typicall skills, interaction with the board and the kinda of future features that improves the game in those areas.

Keep making a new games for the masses, but please make updates for FM10 just to make it as perfect as possible, so those who wants it can have something awesome left, Its the end of the road for us anyway.

If i am all alone thinking this theni wont even support myself. However i have a feeling in not!

Real life football is starting to suck, dont ruin FM aswell!

I have found no problem with this years release, I love it. I have had a great experience with creating a winning tactic with my spurs team, it took a while but the results are amazing. I have also taken a smaller club into the ECL. If you really have issues with press conferences (as do I), edit your team options so that the Ass Man automatically attends them all. Problem solved.

The only backwards step is definitely with player interaction, it's so flawed it hurts, but we have to live with that for the time being.

What you're asking for is not a football simulation, we have to accept that agents are in the game, and that some players act like fools, it's life.

My (silly) request is therefore.

Make a FM game with less primadonnas, no Agents, and with no or limited press handling. But with new features like static league reputation, regens with typicall skills, interaction with the board and the kinda of future features that improves the game in those areas.

Keep making a new games for the masses, but please make updates for FM10 just to make it as perfect as possible, so those who wants it can have something awesome left, Its the end of the road for us anyway.

If i am all alone thinking this theni wont even support myself. However i have a feeling in not!

Real life football is starting to suck, dont ruin FM aswell!

so you complain they cannot get one game right yet you wish them to divide their efforts into keeping an old version of the game going and getting a new version perfect................

To be fair, a lot of these items can be handled by the assistant manager - team talk, press conferences, contracts, etc. I personally want to see FM involve beyond tactics as long as they keep it fun, but I see your point and think there should be an option to turn off all the fluff.

so you complain they cannot get one game right yet you wish them to divide their efforts into keeping an old version of the game going and getting a new version perfect................

No i love every realese except 09. But i feel that FM wont get any better then FM10 was, since they now focus on making the ****** aspects in football realistic. Since Si never will take the development backwards, so the only choise is to tweak and perfect FM10 even more then it is

What you're asking for is not a football simulation, we have to accept that agents are in the game, and that some players act like fools, it's life.

The game can and does simulate all the good things about football, but i dont want it to simulate real life idiots and money greedy agents and players to this extent.

The game can and does simulate all the good things about football, but i dont want it to simulate real life idiots and money greedy agents and players to this extent.

You can't have all the good things and no bad things. It would take any level of difficulty away. We may as well take out losing as well, while we're at it.

You can't have all the good things and no bad things. It would take any level of difficulty away. We may as well take out losing as well, while we're at it.

That's not what the OP is saying tho. FM can choose which parts of the footballing business to simulate. I mean, we could go down to the details of the player's diet, but that wouldn't be very fun. Can you imagine having to select which salad dressing before each match? Hmm... Rooney seems to have to put on some weight, I'll have to select the fat-free version, but I'm risking a decrease to his morale. :D The OP merely wants to FM to simulate the basics, like tactics and a simplified transfer system.

Its true up to a point, but when you got a player who should be begging to sign for you and his agent is trying to wring money out of you that you cant afford it becomes a balance issue and not realism.

Why not? It doesent have to do anything with difficulty, agents and angry players doesent make the game any more difficult, on the contruary its making it ALOT easyer as you can adapt to it and get the best out of it and the AI cant.. instead of focusing on wages and agents SI can focus on making the AI better, adapting to your tactics and playstyle..

Its true up to a point, but when you got a player who should be begging to sign for you and his agent is trying to wring money out of you that you cant afford it becomes a balance issue and not realism.

I think quite a few unrealistic demands from agents ends up stopping contract talks. Bradley Johnson is the first example in my head.

Why not? It doesent have to do anything with difficulty, agents and angry players doesent make the game any more difficult, on the contruary its making it ALOT easyer as you can adapt to it and get the best out of it and the AI cant.. instead of focusing on wages and agents SI can focus on making the AI better, adapting to your tactics and playstyle..

I agree that SI could focus on making better AI, but "why not"? Well, it wouldn't exactly be a football management simulation. These things happen in real life, so they should happen in the game. And of course it affects the difficulty. You badly need to sign this player, but his agent is a git, you can't afford him, you don't have a quality player to fill a gap in your squad, and you have to settle for less and maximise tactics to win the league.

And a striker that has been denied a move has gone into deep depression, hates you and won't score, so you have to struggle along without your top scorer. Your reserve my fill his boots or he may fail, and eventually you sign another striker, when you wanted to spend the money on something else. Removing these things starts taking bits of difficulties. Not everyone is as good as turning someone's mood right round as you may be. If these features ruin your experience, try to find another management game more suitable for you.

I know its a simulator, but as i said before i dont want it to simualate all the things that are starting to make a beautiful thing like football, look like a reality show where money rules. All the charm and interesting things about football are fading both in real life and in FM!

I think quite a few unrealistic demands from agents ends up stopping contract talks. Bradley Johnson is the first example in my head.

The Bradley Johnson incident is exactly the thing that i dont think FM should be about. ofc there should be players that have complaints, and wants to leave the club etc, but the game is not about football anymore, its about your ability to satisfy the needs of the players.

It's a valid point but one I disagree with.

You don't have to deal with agents. Go for players who have sacked theirs or yet to find one. The only problem with this is when trying to extend a contract and they find an agent whilst at your club.. Offer what you see as realistic - let them leave if they don't agree with you - they clearly don't love the club on the same grass root level as yourself.

There are hidden stats for the type of player you're looking for. Im in the Premier League with Dover Athletic, nobody earns over £6,000 per week currently and am battling round mid table / Europe at a push. Mostly kids, long deals, signed with no agents, now have favoured personnel and club comments.

As for the financial aspect - managers do bugger all! To be honest it's not that realistic on my Tottenham file that I am able to negotiate wages. Not once did Levy call me on transfer deadline day with a simple yes no to "Hey, want to have Van der Vaart?"

It sounds like you miss the English top flight being plagued with **** players on low money up until recent times - I recommend to you, Premier Manager 2, or CM2 the one where the Italian league was purchased separately.

It sounds like you don't want the modern game, and therefore the modern players can go too - just play an old version!

As always - this version of managing game from SI is just that bit better than the last. I just wish they would sort out some of the dodgy Spurs PA stats.

My opinion anyway.

So basically you want a simulator that doesn't simulate half of what it's supposed to?

It is suppose to be fun, not be a reflection of real life. So yes i dont want it to simulate things the things that make modern football look like a joke. Next years features might be "players spotted at nightclub before match" news . or to implent the hated idea of managers being abel to spend his hard earned wage?!

The Bradley Johnson incident is exactly the thing that i dont think FM should be about. ofc there should be players that have complaints, and wants to leave the club etc, but the game is not about football anymore, its about your ability to satisfy the needs of the players.

That is a good point. The thing about agents demanding fees, is that if they ask too much im not going to get stressed about it, i just wont buy. I have seen situations where that hasnt been in the best interests of the player. Thats why the whole thing reveals itself as a cooked up "feature" that serves no real purpose in the game

That is a good point. The thing about agents demanding fees, is that if they ask too much im not going to get stressed about it, i just wont buy. I have seen situations where that hasnt been in the best interests of the player. Thats why the whole thing reveals itself as a cooked up "feature" that serves no real purpose in the game

This happens in real life. Any football club chairman will tell you for every good decent agent, there are bad money-grabbing ones who couldn't care less about the player and more about what's going in his wallet. As for agents on this game, I like them. The joy of negotiating and securing that quality player you wanted to the sadness at missing out on a target makes the game better and harder in my opinion.

It is suppose to be fun, not be a reflection of real life. So yes i dont want it to simulate things the things that make modern football look like a joke. Next years features might be "players spotted at nightclub before match" news . or to implent the hated idea of managers being abel to spend his hard earned wage?!

No, its reflection of real life that makes it fun. All the new features in FM were badly needed. Tough luck if you dont like modern football and the job description that modern managers now have.

No, its reflection of real life that makes it fun. All the new features in FM were badly needed. Tough luck if you dont like modern football and the job description that modern managers now have.

We disagree to disagree :) And its indeed tough luck, and its not like i dont enjoy the previous release and that FM11 is a good game... IM just afraid the series boils down to something me and many others wont like

Archived