Thread for people NOT enjoying the game.

Now let me stress this. People who are enjoying the game, please just ignore this thread because I dont want this thread to descend into a sh** slinging contest and be closed. If you are enjoying the game, great, go and enjoy it and leave the people who have major issues with it to vent our frustrations without bickering with people who enjoy it.

Now. I intend on NEVER buying FM again at least until the second patch is out. I realise that SI know about the major issues within the game and are working towards a fix for this but I (without, admittedly, having very limited knowledge into what goes into making a game of this magnitude) refuse to believe that the transfer bug was not realised during testing. I played one full season and could see the major problem straight away. Now how a games tester missed this I have no idea. It is more likely that they realised this problem but still released the game to get the sales knowing they have the buffer of 3 patch releases to combat this problem. My point is that if more and more people intend on on doing what I do and actually wait for a few months before buying the game will this hurt SI?. I would say it would because by March time the game is cheaper and that would result in lost profits. Not my problem.

There are obviously hundreds of thousands of people though who will always buy the game on release (bonafide testers in my opinion) so maybe the above is a moot point.

How many of us (who think the game is unplayable at the moment) will hold off buying the game on release next year. I damn sure aint paying £30 ever again for an FM game before its patched. I am totally annoyed at the game this year, especially as I have time off work ATM and this would be time for me to get in some hours on the game.

Once again, I must stress. People who enjoy the game, just for once, stay out of this thread and leave it to people who want to vent. Thank you.

Guest vegyegan

Lets just ignore the post about loving the game, they can not deny there are issues, Even Sega SI employees have admitted there are problems with the game.

In all seriousness, I think FM11's quality is due to a lack of pressure from competitors. I have a feeling that FM10 was so good because of the credible threat from CM and their new 3D match engine. Since there's no CM11, it seems like SI's under no pressure to release a quality product. It's only natural for any company to regress into complacency if they monopolize the industry, but I didn't expect such drop from FM10 to FM11. As much as I've enjoyed SI games in the past, I do really hope that a quality competitor emerges soon and force SI to continuing adapting and improving.

In all seriousness, I think FM11's quality is due to a lack of pressure from competitors. I have a feeling that FM10 was so good because of the credible threat from CM and their new 3D match engine. Since there's no CM11, it seems like SI's under no pressure to release a quality product. It's only natural for any company to regress into complacency if they monopolize the industry, but I didn't expect such drop from FM10 to FM11. As much as I've enjoyed SI games in the past, I do really hope that a quality competitor emerges soon and force SI to continuing adapting and improving.

I partly agree with you on this, as i said by PM. But one could argue that they simply blow CM out the water. Think we both agree that its not particularly benefiting the end user at release date at either rate.

On the FM10 thing about CM, CM didnt even come close, had a play of it.

Personally think when the game is released with issues like this, surely the patching strategy has to change? Though again how easy is it for SI to change it?

Yeah, the drop in quality from last year is alarming. There is no doubt that if the forthcoming patches fix the major issues that this could be a great game but I refuse to believe that the testers didnt notice the ridiculous transfer system within a season or two. I would love to see peoples saves who say they are enjoying the game. With all the ridiculous transfer activity going on, along with all the other bugs, the people who are really enjoying the game Im sure they are the ones who enjoy buying the likes of Dzeko, Suarez, Tevez etc for market value. Me, on the other hand need a super realistic game to enjoy it, but thats just me.

I partly agree with you on this, as i said by PM. But one could argue that they simply blow CM out the water. Think we both agree that its not particularly benefiting the end user at release date at either rate.

On the FM10 thing about CM, CM didnt even come close, had a play of it.

Personally think when the game is released with issues like this, surely the patching strategy has to change? Though again how easy is it for SI to change it?

Agreed. CM wasn't even on the same playing field as FM. You gotta to give credit for SI for their absolutely phenomenal match engine. It's not perfect and will never be, but blows CM's out of the water. But then again CM, after the split, is a relatively new series where as the CM/FM is on its 15th iteration. Another thing working for SI is it's great community with all the facepacks, skins, logos, kits, editors, etc. Playing CM feels really bland without these extras.

I read somewhere on this forum that you should treat the FM season from Feb to Feb, which seems to be the answer. I buy the game on release day every year but end up frustrated and constantly waiting until the next patch, then Jan transfer window etc to play. From now on I'm playing FM from Feb to Feb as the guy suggested, makes sense and removes a lot of the frustration.

I will wait for the patch and evaluate. But i must say, right one i'am dissapointed with Sega. They need to hire more testers for this game.

How many of us would test it for free? its not like there is a shortage of people who would test and accurately report bugs if given the oppurtunity.

Agreed. CM wasn't even on the same playing field as FM. You gotta to give credit for SI for their absolutely phenomenal match engine. It's not perfect and will never be, but blows CM's out of the water. But then again CM, after the split, is a relatively new series where as the CM/FM is on its 15th iteration. Another thing working for SI is it's great community with all the facepacks, skins, logos, kits, editors, etc. Playing CM feels really bland without these extras.

Very true. We know right now, all things considered, its not at its best. But when you take a step back you realise actually despite being far from perfect, just how good it is. here's hoping 11.2 makes it the best ever.

Though think for FM12 they must be less inclined on the new features unless they are near perfect, other wise it can detract from the whole great package

How many of us would test it for free? its not like there is a shortage of people who would test and accurately report bugs if given the oppurtunity.

you have hit the nail on the head from the problems they suffered with the last time they did the public beta though, the reports that did get back werent very helpful at all

Archived