It would be very nice if we can declare our short-term plans and long terms plans

We should be able to give a team talk on any day where we can tell them about the weaknesses about the other club and how to improve our own game.

Ask the board to grant us extra transfer/wage funds player specifically for star players.

Player Stats should be much more useful, I say player stats/form should have a lot of influence on player attributes.

If we are too silent in the media then the fans should get upset cuz they won't get updated by the club.

We should be able to declare that we will be resigning at the end of the season.

Lastly when we are not managing a team, we should be spending our personal funds, and when our personal funds get over ! GAME OVER !!!

It would be very nice if we can declare our short-term plans and long terms plans

We should be able to give a team talk on any day where we can tell them about the weaknesses about the other club and how to improve our own game.

Ask the board to grant us extra transfer/wage funds player specifically for star players.

Player Stats should be much more useful, I say player stats/form should have a lot of influence on player attributes.

If we are too silent in the media then the fans should get upset cuz they won't get updated by the club.

We should be able to declare that we will be resigning at the end of the season.

Lastly when we are not managing a team, we should be spending our personal funds, and when our personal funds get over ! GAME OVER !!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr. Football Manager:

We should be able to declare that we will be resigning at the end of the season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes to most, although most have been raised a number of times already.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Lastly when we are not managing a team, we should be spending our personal funds, and when our personal funds get over ! GAME OVER !!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Noooooooooo, when will people get it into their heads that a majority of FM fans don't want these stupid gimmicky additions. If you want to spend money on posessions play the Sims, or even better do it for real!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr. Football Manager:

If we are too silent in the media then the fans should get upset cuz they won't get updated by the club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no i never talk to the media cause it keeps the team morale high. whenever you talk to the media it always has some adverse effect to someone. i just dont say anything and let the good results keep up the morale. if this is implemented i will probably suck icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gcormack:

If we are too silent in the media then the fans should get upset cuz they won't get updated by the club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no i never talk to the media cause it keeps the team morale high. whenever you talk to the media it always has some adverse effect to someone. i just dont say anything and let the good results keep up the morale. if this is implemented i will probably suck icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't see a problem with adding this, there used to be a section in the manager profile for "media relationship", the only problem is that interaction with the press doesn't wqork very well in it's current format. If it was fixed then this would be a good addition.

They should add another media section where we can comment on match incidents. They should record all the special incidents. So if my goal is disallowed and the opponent's goal is disallowed, I can comment that I felt the decision to disallow my goal was a bit harsh and his was skeptical. Also we can say that the other teams did lot of fouls and the ref did not take any serious actions ! It would be much better to have this than to have media coming to us "Controversy in Xxxx game " !

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">managers have to appear in media and not appearing is a very bad sign. Every manager has to come out. At least at club level. Tell me 3 managers who never comment on anything. So it is very important that we respond nicely(professionally) in the media(not always). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand the importance of a manager appearing to answer media questions but the problem with this game at the moment, as i'm sure has been mentioned to death, is that there is no depth to the media questions. After one season you've pretty much seen everything that can be asked.

Anyway, i'm sure SI have improved on this for FM09 but one thing i was thinking about (sorry if this suggestion has been made before) is that there should be a button that we can use sometimes that lets out assistant manager answer the media questions.

This would certainly reflect real life quite well and be a step to improving the amount of interaction we can have with our assistant (which also needs improving). It would also reduce the tediousness (is that a word!?) of having to answer media questions after every match (i.e. we have a bad match and so send assistant manager out).

like the idea fattyg. Let's face it MOTD the last two seasons has been a whos who of Assistant Managers - my favourite is Ricky Sbragia!

I'm sick to death of having to answer these stupid, limited questions every other day, and being mis-quoted every time!

I want my number 2 to do the talking, assistant manager that is, not a jobby!

They should add another media section where we can comment on match incidents. They should record all the special incidents. So if my goal is disallowed and the opponent's goal is disallowed, I can comment that I felt the decision to disallow my goal was a bit harsh and his was skeptical. Also we can say that the other teams did lot of fouls and the ref did not take any serious actions ! It would be much better to have this than to have media coming to us "Controversy in Xxxx game " ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why do people think this kind of thing constitutes good gameplay?

Every single football manager in the world without exception (ok maybe except for 0.001%) say's that decisions which went their way were correct and decisions that went against them were due to match official errors.

We all know this, every one of us knows exactly what the manager will say on MotD post match interview. It is boring on MotD and it is boring in FM.

All media interaction should be stripped out of future FM, there is just no gameplay value to it, no way to make it varied and interesting, because to be realistic you just have to say the same things over and over as in rl

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Lastly when we are not managing a team, we should be spending our personal funds, and when our personal funds get over ! GAME OVER !!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absoultely not. What about when I start unemployed with no funds and go on holiday to get a club. It would be game over before I even started. You had some good ideas but this was awful.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ask the board to grant us extra transfer/wage funds player specifically for star players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a biggie for me. Id love to see it.

Archived