Football Manager Handheld 2011 iPhone/iPod Touch

• SI Staff

I am really happy to be able to announce that Football Manager Handheld for the iPod Touch and iPhone will be available on the app store in a country near you in the next 24 hours. Unless you’re in territories where we’re not allowed to release the game for legal reasons.

It normally goes live at midnight local time, but this is obviously out of our hands as we don’t control iTunes, hence the broad release time.

Seeing as we’ve been very quiet about the release apart from saying that we’re working on it, I thought it also a good time to share some of the new features for the platform with you….

For the first time, you are able to load 4 countries competitions at the same time, meaning you can move from country to country during your career.

We’ve also added in positional tactical roles, which both simplify the tactics for you if you want, and also make it more “football”, by being able to assign a player to be a box-to-box midfielder, for example.

You can also now retrain players to play in different positions.

There’ve been lots of improvements made to the 2d match view in the game, such as weather effects and a better match engine.

An expansion to the boardroom module has led to new requests for stadium expansion and improvements for training facilities.

And for new users, or for users who want to learn more about the game, there’s a tutorial system in the game too, with interactive help.

Plus lots of other nice touches, such as being able to start the game unemployed, increased media, a new unlockable & transfer system improvements, such as the ability to do part-exchange deals.

Then there’s a whole new app as part of the package, a stadium finder! What is this, you ask? Well, if you’ve ever been to an away ground and can’t find your car on the way back, this will be very useful for you. It’s also very useful to get directions to football grounds when you get to the station, and will help you find your way back to the station afterwards.

Basically, it lets you set a “starting position” using the iPhone and iPod Touch GPS system. You then set the stadium you want to go to. And it gives you a map telling you where to go.

At the moment, we have implemented this system for the top 4 divisions in England, but we will be adding other countries stadiums and maps with updates throughout the season.

The game also works fine on the iPad (even better with the x2 option) and looks lovely on the retina display of iPhone 4.

Oh, and last, but by no means least, both in game music controls and GameCenter support have also been added…

We hope you enjoy the game as much as we are.

Yay! :)

Sounds great. I especially welcome the ability to load four leagues and start unemployed as well as the tactical and transfer changes.

Dilema time now though as I'm in Jan 2017 on my current FMH2010 game and running away with the Championship with AFC Wimbledon. Stick or twist?

• SI Staff
Any screenshots or feature list available?

Full changelist can be found here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/244961-Full-Changelist-for-Football-Manager-Handheld-2011-(iPhone)

I'll post screenshots in a once I some 'approved ones' to hand - sorry for the delay.

PS. Please be patient with me today, I've got flu and if it wasn't for the games release I'd be tucked up in bed with Lemsip ..

Full changelist can be found here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/244961-Full-Changelist-for-Football-Manager-Handheld-2011-(iPhone)

I'll post screenshots in a once I some 'approved ones' to hand - sorry for the delay.

PS. Please be patient with me today, I've got flu and if it wasn't for the games release I'd be tucked up in bed with Lemsip ..

Thanks Marc.

No worries about the delay. I fully understand the way of business. Things can sometimes just go too slow.

Thanks SI and Football Manager.

Appreciate all the games you've brought out. Was a Championship Manager fan during the 00s now been converted and appreciate it.

Can't wait for this on the iPod. I do alot of travelling so this is good for me. Lol Like on facebook how a few have made comments on how its too expensive for 6.99 etc and ask for discount if they got FM 2010.

They have to understand the value of the game, the development costs, wages, etc the time.

Thanks for creating another great FM game SI.

I agree. £6.99 is a bargain if you ask me. I can't understand how people think otherwise. The PSP version is £15-30 depending where / how you buy. That's at least twice as expensive as the iOS version if not four times the price.

People are spoilt by free/cheap apps - most of which are simple or rubbish or full of advertising. For the price of a few pints of beer you're getting hours and hours of gameplay.

• SI Staff
Out of curiosity, will there be a "lite" version, as I'd like to try it out before committing myself. Otherwise, it'll probably be somewhat longer before my purchase.

There will likely be a 'Lite' version in due course - no specific ETA for it been set yet though (I expect it'll be sometime in January but its not set in stone).

There will likely be a 'Lite' version in due course - no specific ETA for it been set yet though (I expect it'll be sometime in January but its not set in stone).

Ok thanks, also, will there be a possibility of exporting saves from 2010 to 2011? I'm 11 years into my game and don't wanna give up now; especially when I just won the CWC for the second time :D

• SI Staff
Ok thanks, also, will there be a possibility of exporting saves from 2010 to 2011? I'm 11 years into my game and don't wanna give up now; especially when I just won the CWC for the second time :D

I'm afraid thats simply not practical there have been a LOT of new features added this year (not to mention competition changes and suchlike) - sorry.

• SI Staff
Just wondering what the OS Requirement is.

I am on 4.0 ipod Touch 3rd Gen don't want to update my OS just yet

You'll be fine ... to clarify for anyone who's interested.

The game will work on any iOS version 3.0 or above.

(below iOS3.2 the map/directions to stadium feature is disabled - but the game itself will work perfectly fine)

Thanks

Just have to wait for the UK App Store to release it now. Can't wait. I hope there is a bigger database of players. I mostly buy young players and raise them up etc.

Just wondering when you finish one season does the stats of that player reset?

• SI Staff
Just wondering when you finish one season does the stats of that player reset?

Not quite sure what you mean to be honest; players develop over time as in the PC version and have a full playing history season by season (again as in the PC game).

Great news that it's finally coming out, will have to get up early tomorrow to download so can play on the commute to work!

Marc can you confirm that the Blackburn Rovers take over has been taken into account? I've just downloaded the patch for the PC and it hasn't been implemented (despite things such as Chris Hughtons sacking being included etc)

Yeah I know it's not a Citeh takeover but the new owners have promised at least £5mil in january which is much better than sweet FA that we would have had originally!

Not quite sure what you mean to be honest; players develop over time as in the PC version and have a full playing history season by season (again as in the PC game).

I basically bought a few players their stats rised and then I played 2nd season and the stats went back to normal stats etc .

Basically after each season the increased stats will they reset in the 2nd following season or stay the same or drop etc due to player performances? Can't remember now.lol

Say Ozil shooting is normally 13 etc and then it rises to 16 and hes scored a few goals and then I finish the 1st season and continue onto the 2nd will his shooting stat go back to 13 or stay the same in 2nd season? If you understand my english.lol

I got a C in English so ya

I basically bought a few players their stats rised and then I played 2nd season and the stats went back to normal stats etc .

Basically after each season the increased stats will they reset in the 2nd following season or stay the same or drop etc due to player performances? Can't remember now.lol

Say Ozil shooting is normally 13 etc and then it rises to 16 and hes scored a few goals and then I finish the 1st season and continue onto the 2nd will his shooting stat go back to 13 or stay the same in 2nd season? If you understand my english.lol

I got a C in English so ya

My experience over previous FMH's is stats have a base number.. say Andy Carrolls shooting is 14. if morale is high and hes scoring this will improve to 16/17/18. if he then is put on the bench or he gets injured then it returns to 14 and no lower.

• SI Staff

Ok what you'll find is that normally players stats will fall a little off season because they aren't training and then recover once training begins - so this is normal.

If obviously a player improves in ability or decreases in ability then the changes to his attributes from that won't be affect from not training during the summer.

(also bear in mind that FMH is more 'fickle' with attributes than FM PC is - that is there is a 'form factor' combined in the visible stats which takes into account how a player is playing - thus if someone is having a 'hot' run of form he might be visible as slightly better than he really is or vice versa .... this is meant to match the idea of what happens irl when a player comes onto the 'scene' and does well and is raved about, only for him to later show his true form and disappear into the lower divisions etc.)

PS - Basically Mr thebugel beat me to it pretty much - his is a 'factual' explanation of what happens, whereas mine explains more 'why' its designed in that way.

• SI Staff
Thanks guys.

Just wondering if the stats of the players at the end of season 1 get carried onto the next season?

Stats will largely stay with players - unless they decrease in ability (normally due to age, but in some circumstances (injury, serious loss of confidence etc.) this can happen to younger players) or you really mess up their training schedule (ie. put them onto no training at all or everything intensive so they break down etc.).

i can't see the game in turkish itunes store.

when we will able to buy game in turkey? do you have any idea?

Create yourself a UK or US Itunes accounts (check on Google how to do it)

Im in South Africa with a UK Itunes account and a US Itunes account........makes it easier to get the purchases that you want without having to wait for it to become country specific. The South African App Store has virtually NO applications, its rubbish, just lots of local music.

• SI Staff
Have to take my hat off to you chaps for the realism, half way through my first season and Burnley leak goals like no tommorow in the last 10 mins ><

I find with Brightonn the trick is to go slightly more defensive towards the end of games (and in my case rest Lua Lua in the first season as he often 'flags out' if he's a starter).

PS. If you're enjoying the game - can you please remember to post a rating/review for it on iTunes btw .... thanks.

• SI Staff
Is this only available on Ipod Touch/Iphone?

I Have a Samsung Galaxy which is android and would be downloading this asap if its available.

Or is it exclusive to Ipod?

Exclusive to the iDevices (iPad/iTouch/iPhone) at this time I'm afraid.

It's Apple iOS only at the moment. Many people have enquired about an android version but as far as we have been informed, there are currently no plans for one as the FMH team is only small and already stretched with the PSP and iOS versions.

With regards to Board requests in FM 2011, can you deliver ultimatums? I have the 2010 version which does not allow you to do this. I have previously given feedback suggesting that this would be an excellent feature to include in future editions and wondered whether it was now a feature of the game.

I don't mind paying £7 for a game, provided it's going to be a good one. I paid £4 for the new Champ Manager which has an excellent interface, but after playing it for a couple of seasons I've come to the conclusion that the game engine is virtually random. It's simply a base team rating plus hot streaks. I'd like to buy FM2011 as a consequence but first I heard it wasn't a universal app for pod and pad (have both) and then despite Miles saying it looks great on the Pad and Retina displays, the display is in fact not Retina (ie which looks fine on the iPad). The screenshots I've seen all look soft. Is there anywhere there are grabs of it running on either a Retina display or the iPad or both?

Archived