clubs being tight

Im english but only watch French football,so on FM I only play in France.On previous games I've played mainly in lower leagues where there's not alot of money floating around but on FM11 I decided to have a pop with a big club because I bearly touched fm10 and wanted to get back into the game a little easier by having some resources at my fingertips BUT firstly with Lyon and then with Marseille the club have given me hardly anything to spend both clubs are classed as rich Lyon had 30 mil in the bank Marseille 34 mil (euros) but they have only given me lyon 4 mil marseille 1.8 mil to spend,I was'nt expecting the a ton of cash because there s not that much money in french football but I at least expected 8-10 mil.So now I get to my question why are they giving me such little cash to splash is it because im a new manager and cant be trusted or is it the case that both of these clubs made a couple of big signings in the summer and dont want to release more funds?

I thought I could of been that there s not a great deal of money in French football but with Marseille who are the french champions im struggling to sign anyone of any decent standard even decent youth players from other french clubs im just getting priced out of the market and then man city or chelsea just swoop and take them.I suppose I'll just have to try and do well in the champions league for additional cash and to raise the profile.

Just hang on 'till January, if you do well the board might give you an increase especially if you perform well above expectations. If i recall reading correctly in these forums, some have gotten over £10 million more to their budgets (playing as top flight teams of course) before January after a very good start to the season.

Archived