Regen staff

Have you tried to negotiate the wages down? I had a coach asking for £1600 a month, which is more than my best player :D I made a counter offer for £350, he said £450 is more suitable, I offered £400 and he accepted. This has more or less happened with every single staff member I've negotiated with. You can't blame them for asking, you can only blame yourself, if you cave in.

Have you tried to negotiate the wages down? I had a coach asking for £1600 a month, which is more than my best player :D I made a counter offer for £350, he said £450 is more suitable, I offered £400 and he accepted. This has more or less happened with every single staff member I've negotiated with. You can't blame them for asking, you can only blame yourself, if you cave in.

I advertised for a scout and had several applicants who were all interested and therefore applied. I'm playing as Conference North (now Conf Prem) and unknown scouts were asking for 600+ pounds. I was only able to offer 70-80 pounds (remember they were applying for a part-time job). I offered the maximum that I could, but it was obviously not enough, they counter with 300-400 pounds, which I can't answer to.

This is my only real gripe with the game so far. They are unknown scouts, themselves applying [and very interested] for a part-time job at a Conference North team. Needs tweaking IMO.

Maybe the staff you're trying to sign are too good for the league you are in?

How do they compare to the staff you already have at the club?

JPA and JPP around 7-8, which for Conf North isn't too special.

Edited to say I started the game with no scouts and wasn't able to sign anyone until about March of the first season.

Archived