Player Wants to Move to a Bigger Club...

So two of my players at Fulham, Dempsey and Hangeland, want me to accept some transfer offers for them and state they are unhappy because they want to move to a bigger club.

Eventually I give in and tell them in conversation that I'll let them go if they want (twice for Hangeland bizzarely, he came back with a second conversation about a day later). This resolved the disputes they had with me as a manager.

However, they also said they now no longer wish to leave the club. I can only assume this is a glitch in the game which means settled disputes result in players being happy to stay, even if their dispute was because they wanted to leave.

This happened to anyone else??

I wouldn't say this is a bug. Players do change their mind...Wayne Rooney a prime example, Stevie G as well when reuqested to join Chelski a fews years back.

I've had it happen both ways. I've had occassions where i say to players i'll let you leave at the end of the season which is a few months away, by which time they've resolves their issues and i've got them to sign a new contract. Other times it has gone the other way where they have still wanted to leave.

I've had this a few times in my Newcastle game. Coloccini, Xisco and Jonas have all complained they want to leave. I transfer listed Xisco and Coloccini by request, days later they say they want to stay but in their profile they're still unhappy and looking forward to leaving the club.

It's annoying and having an adverse affect on overall morale as the players they have good relations with are getting unhappy about the way they're being treated.

Another bug to add to the list I suppose...

Both came about after either issuing hands off warnings or rejecting bids.

It seems odd that two players would change their mind about leaving after they resolve their issue with me, which was that I wouldn't let them leave.

This all happened in the space of a week by the way, beating Wigan in my opening game.

Archived