Is there going to be any kind of compensation?

I bought the game for £27.99 a day after it got released.. played for 5 hours maximum as its pretty **** to play untill it's patched. Now getting closer to patch day I see it's being sold for £17.99 bit of a joke really. Wasted an extra £10 to get the game early and has been sh1te.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

265 me....nearly 3000 on fm2010....I think i was sleep managing.would explain my performances.

as for compensation,its the old yellow snow adage isnt it.forewarned is forearmed choose your schtick.Don't buy it next time.knowledge is the greatest gift,brother.

265 me....nearly 3000 on fm2010....I think i was sleep managing.would explain my performances.

as for compensation,its the old yellow snow adage isnt it.forewarned is forearmed choose your schtick.Don't buy it next time.knowledge is the greatest gift,brother.

Be carefull guys certain people's heads will explode on here if they see your enjoying fm that much ;)

You will hardly get any sympathy from the fanboys on this site. What type of response is "nobody foced you to buy it". Pathetic. Yes, the game is damn near unplayable at the moment and it annoys the living hell out of me that I dropped 30 bucks on a bugfest of a game that I cant play until it is patched properly. Maybe next year when 2012 is released and the sales in the first few months are low as hell will SI maybe get some beta testers with half a brain in to play a game for more than a season and release a game that is at least half playable until the patches are released.

How on earth can you call the game unplayable??

Unplayable means - you cant play it. It crashes all the time, certain actions are impossible to do etc etc.

This game is not unplayable - far far far from it.

Yes, transfers are bugged to hell. Does it annoy me - hell yea. Does it make the game unplayable - NO. It makes it slightly less realistic, but no unplayable.

You will hardly get any sympathy from the fanboys on this site. What type of response is "nobody foced you to buy it". Pathetic. Yes, the game is damn near unplayable at the moment and it annoys the living hell out of me that I dropped 30 bucks on a bugfest of a game that I cant play until it is patched properly. Maybe next year when 2012 is released and the sales in the first few months are low as hell will SI maybe get some beta testers with half a brain in to play a game for more than a season and release a game that is at least half playable until the patches are released.

Why is it a pathetic answer ?? no one is forced to buy it, its not like the SI Team march people down to the shops at gun point is it

whats ironic is the same people who moan about game been unplayable on release which people have the right to say if it be right or wrong are same people who go Que up midnight every year and get game on release

It's obviously NOT unplayable and it's hardly a bugfest.

There are plenty things in life you can waste 30 bucks on and feel dissapointed. But you made the choice to spend the money, if you're unhappy with that choice that's fair enough. Criticism is important, but do try to realize that despite it's flaws the current iteration of FM is very enjoyable for quite a lot of people.

No one forced us to buy it, you're absolutely correct, but when we bought the game we at least expected we were buying a fully functioning, enjoyable product. The current version of FM is BROKEN. It's ridiculous that we've had to wait over a month for a game that we paid for to be playable. Ronaldo to Barca for face value 36mil? UNACCEPTABLE :mad::thdn:

No one forced us to buy it, you're absolutely correct, but when we bought the game we at least expected we were buying a fully functioning, enjoyable product. The current version of FM is BROKEN. It's ridiculous that we've had to wait over a month for a game that we paid for to be playable. Ronaldo to Barca for face value 36mil? UNACCEPTABLE :mad::thdn:

If your not enjoying it thats fairenough your entitled to your opinion but some people are enjoying it

these threads just go round in circles so may aswell be closed there wont be any middle grounnd

Uh oh, it's going to be another FM is unplayable vs FM is perfect thread war :D

But know one is saying its perfect people are just saying there enjoying it why cant people except that why are they fan boys etc

just seems to be a crime at moment if you enjoy fm11

Its a bug, it does not mean its broken or unplayable.

It is a fully functioning product - the transfer system does not prevent you from buying players - you just dont like how the transfer system works.

Its like ordering a burger from a resturant, just because you dont like it doesnt mean the meat was off.

Im not saying the game is perfect, some of the transfers are annoying me too (and my utter inability to sell some of my players!) - but this DOES NOT mean the game is broken, its a bug and its going to be fixed.

Unplayable means - you cant play it. It crashes all the time.

well thats just it isnt it, there are a lot of people reporting on the bugs forum that this years game is crashing all the time, and randomly. and im one of these people. so by your very own definition, it is unplayable.

also for the record I complained my arse off about the bugs and the other list of things people perceive to be wrong.I like you was really rather annoyed at what i saw the game to be.a state.

But then I took a step back and realised what was going on.i was comparing the third incarnation of the last game,to the initial one of the new one.hardly a fair comparison is it.be like comparing the stuff mozart wrote while he was sat on the throne pinching a loaf,to beethovens best work and saying beethoven is obviously best based on that.

Did I hope for more from the initial release?course I did.Wouldnt be human if i wasn't perennially disappointed with other peoples ideas of perfect or acceptable.I was distraught for weeks at how crap i thought it was.Then I had my epiphany.and here we are.it isnt even patched to version 11.2 yet and i'm already sensing i'm on course to break the 3000 hour barrier set last time around

I think people misunderstand peoples comments a lot here.Labelling one or the other as fanboy or hater isnt the issue.The issue is what do you expect people to do about it?you bought the game,sure you didnt know it wouldnt be what you expected,but after the fact its a bit late.and asking for compensation or whatever is just ludicrous.If you just want to rant/vent let your displeasure be known,then thats fine,i'm all for it,personally I love reading the valid and the ludicrous things people say.But in the same vein,you wanna air your views,expect people to retort and reply.and Don't expect you will always like those views anymore than you expect them to like yours,or you liking the game ;)

well thats just it isnt it, there are a lot of people reporting on the bugs forum that this years game is crashing all the time, and randomly. and im one of these people. so by your very own definition, it is unplayable.

But that wasnt the reason why the person I was replying to was saying it was unplayable - if you physically cant play it, then, it is unplayable and that would be a justified statement.

However, every year a very small proportion of people say the cant get the game to work - ive seen it every year at release since I joined in 2004. In 99% of those cases the person who cant get the game to work has a system that is utterly borderline on the system requirements, or is a $10,000 machine that is too clever for its own good and the game wont run propery on its quad crossfired graphics card set up.

There is also that genuine 1% of people who legitimately have an issue and for whom I feel very sorry.

But know one is saying its perfect people are just saying there enjoying it why cant people except that why are they fan boys etc

just seems to be a crime at moment if you enjoy fm11

wally, you're the one coming in these threads and telling people who are experiencing issues that we're complainers and that the game is awesome. When we give you indisputable evidence of the broken transfer market, you dismiss them because you personally haven't experienced them. No one is telling you to stop enjoying the game. But stop trying to tell people who are genuinely frustrated at a broken product that their problems don't really exist.

But that wasnt the reason why the person I was replying to was saying it was unplayable - if you physically cant play it, then, it is unplayable and that would be a justified statement.

However, every year a very small proportion of people say the cant get the game to work - ive seen it every year at release since I joined in 2004. In 99% of those cases the person who cant get the game to work has a system that is utterly borderline on the system requirements, or is a $10,000 machine that is too clever for its own good and the game wont run propery on its quad crossfired graphics card set up.

There is also that genuine 1% of people who legitimately have an issue and for whom I feel very sorry.

Could't of said it better myself :D

Its a bug, it does not mean its broken or unplayable.

It is a fully functioning product - the transfer system does not prevent you from buying players - you just dont like how the transfer system works.

Its like ordering a burger from a resturant, just because you dont like it doesnt mean the meat was off.

Im not saying the game is perfect, some of the transfers are annoying me too (and my utter inability to sell some of my players!) - but this DOES NOT mean the game is broken, its a bug and its going to be fixed.

FM is a simulation game which is supposed to reflect the real world. If it can't get a key component like the transfer market correct, then it doesn't deliver on the simulation aspect of it right? To use another analogy, it's like playing a flight sim where the designers mistakenly programmed the plane to fly sideways.

It's all about how you play the game. If you're a casual gamer who doesn't care about realism or just want to buy all the world class players on the cheap, then the game is perfect to you. If you play FM as a simulation of the real world, then it's pretty awful. I could go play the PES master mode if I didn't care about realism.

:

also for the record I complained my arse off about the bugs and the other list of things people perceive to be wrong.I like you was really rather annoyed at what i saw the game to be.a state.

But then I took a step back and realised what was going on.i was comparing the third incarnation of the last game,to the initial one of the new one.hardly a fair comparison is it.be like comparing the stuff mozart wrote while he was sat on the throne pinching a loaf,to beethovens best work and saying beethoven is obviously best based on that.

Did I hope for more from the initial release?course I did.Wouldnt be human if i wasn't perennially disappointed with other peoples ideas of perfect or acceptable.I was distraught for weeks at how crap i thought it was.Then I had my epiphany.and here we are.it isnt even patched to version 11.2 yet and i'm already sensing i'm on course to break the 3000 hour barrier set last time around

I think people misunderstand peoples comments a lot here.Labelling one or the other as fanboy or hater isnt the issue.The issue is what do you expect people to do about it?you bought the game,sure you didnt know it wouldnt be what you expected,but after the fact its a bit late.and asking for compensation or whatever is just ludicrous.If you just want to rant/vent let your displeasure be known,then thats fine,i'm all for it,personally I love reading the valid and the ludicrous things people say.But in the same vein,you wanna air your views,expect people to retort and reply.and Don't expect you will always like those views anymore than you expect them to like yours,or you liking the game ;)

+1, best post on here :thup:

FM is a simulation game which is supposed to reflect the real world. If it can't get a key component like the transfer market correct, then it doesn't deliver on the simulation aspect of it right? To use another analogy, it's like playing a flight sim where the designers mistakenly programmed the plane to fly sideways.

It's all about how you play the game. If you're a casual gamer who doesn't care about realism or just want to buy all the world class players on the cheap, then the game is perfect to you. If you play FM as a simulation of the real world, then it's pretty awful. I could go play the PES master mode if I didn't care about realism.

You're generalising somewhat, I am playing it as a sim of the real world, and having a great game. That doesnt mean that everyone else is. You cant seem to accept that other people are playing it seriously and having a good game.

I bought the game for £27.99 a day after it got released.. played for 5 hours maximum as its pretty **** to play untill it's patched. Now getting closer to patch day I see it's being sold for £17.99 bit of a joke really. Wasted an extra £10 to get the game early and has been sh1te.

where's our compensation for reading this awefull thread ?

FM is a simulation game which is supposed to reflect the real world.

SNIP

I could go play the PES master mode if I didn't care about realism.

I totally agree.

Everything you said does not make the game broken or unplayable, and that was my point. Its not entirely what you wanted (nor me for that matter), but this does not make it unplayable.

....except he won't sign for my Barca team no matter what I offer him....grrrrrrr

Honeslty, everyone should take a chill pill and enjoy the game. Life isn't perfect, how do people expect this extremely complex computer game to be???

Is it unplayable,well yes it is if you want to play a career game,I have seen so many threads on this forum complaining that no matter how well they do at a club they can not get another job,even when they resign from there present club,so yes it is unplayable if this is how you enjoy to play the game.

I am not going to go on and on about the transfer market,it has been posted so many times,for me I am not playing at the moment and just waiting for the patch and hopefully I will get started properly.

I will vote with my wallet for the next release and wait until March and pick up the game for maybe 20 Euro's in it's finished state.

well the game isn't unplayable technically - as you can obviously continue and play matches and proceed through the game years without any issues....

Unplayable would be if the continue button disappeared or such like!!

However, there are some pretty big bugs which make the game as you progress very easy and ultimately very unrealistic. Obviously the game is essentially a game and as soon as you've continued one day its going to be different to the real world and then unrealistic. But the bugs that have been discussed and argued countless times on this forum do take part of the fun away from progressing through the game.

I too bought the game on release day and have only played 9 matches of my save before waiting to progress. This is however the first time I've decided to post about the issue, and I am just waiting patiently for the new patch to be released so I can continue. I am very disappointed to have had to wait this long to play a game that I bought weeks ago, but I guess the wait is nearly over now and we can all enjoy the game very soon!!

Is it unplayable,well yes it is if you want to play a career game,I have seen so many threads on this forum complaining that no matter how well they do at a club they can not get another job,even when they resign from there present club,so yes it is unplayable if this is how you enjoy to play the game.

Ive highlighted the important bit.

Ill repeat - the game is NOT unplayable. It is only unplayable in set, specific circumstances which only seem to affect a tiny proportion of people so long as they do set specfic things.

For the game to be unplayable it has to be exactly that - unable to be played - which it simply isnt.

For crying out loud, the game isnt unplayable. I agree it isnt perfect but unplayable is a bit dramatic and I am not a fanboyof SI and am playing a career game.

I call it as I see it as none of the bugs have affected my game and I am enjoying it.

I checked the demo before I purchased and liked what I saw so bought it. If I didn't like it or the bugs would have affected my game Id have continued on FM2010 which on release on my game was unplayable as it crashed every 2nd game due to the set up of my machine

Ive highlighted the important bit.

Ill repeat - the game is NOT unplayable. It is only unplayable in set, specific circumstances which only seem to affect a tiny proportion of people so long as they do set specfic things.

For the game to be unplayable it has to be exactly that - unable to be played - which it simply isnt.

Wait a sec,that is like saying a FPS game that's multi player is not working is still playable because the single player is working.

Also not sure were you get the "tiny proportion" bit,I could come out with "the majority of players enjoy moving from club to club" or indeed "the majority of players want a real life working transfer system".

Just because I type it does not make it fact.

Basically, learn the lesson. Do NOT buy FM2012 until March 2012, and get a full years worth of the real FM2011 when the final patch hits in March 2011.

Essentially, FM is released in March. As it stands, only the Wallys of this world enjoy it, because it's a steaming pile of crap at the moment.

3000 hours is over 8 hours per day if you played EVERY DAY FOR A YEAR! That is insane. One day you're gonna regret that, dude.

Uh oh, it's going to be another FM is unplayable vs FM is perfect thread war :D

i for one have never seen a single person ever say that FM is perfect.

yes the game has some major bugs, but the game is still playable for every single user. as for enjoyable, of course there are people who find that the issues affect them too much to get into the game and i do feel sorry for them, but the vast majority are still playing the game and working around the issues. in FM10 it could be impossible to sign world class players as clubs would not sell regardless of how much you offered. most people worked around it by looking for up and coming players and putting more effort into media interaction to unsettle the player or befriend his manager.

i'd like to know if everybody complaining has actually witnessed some of the issues they bring up or whether they are repeating someone elses story as it seems that ronaldo has moved to barcelona for £34.5million a lot of times.

at the end of the day i'd like to think everybody who posts in here wants the best possible FM available to them, and while some may be offended by feeling like they are part of the testing team, i would prefer to think that my input may help improve the game in some way.

if these forums were not here and SI did not put in the effort to looking into the issues raised in here (some things may be missed by them, some may have not shown up enough to determine the issue, some may be down to differing opinion) then the game would not have progressed in the manner that it has.

sunlight I have seen quite a few transfer "bugs" that have left me feeling the need to delete the save,start again and then delete.

I play with Championship teams or lower and build my squad up,that's my job to make a better team and progress either with the team or as a manager.

I see players like Fahey who is valued at 3.3 million being offered for free,same as quite a few players if you check the "transfer listed players",I also find it near impossible to sell players,I was selling around 6 players from my Ipswich team,2 of which were good players but did not fit into my formation.

I was receiving lots of bids,including Premiership clubs but the players would always refuse,finally 1 excepted the contract from Bolton..at this time I offered him at half the price that they were willing to pay a month earlier but was just happy he was moving on and I was getting some much needed cash..

..I then got the following message "The transfer has been cancelled as Bolton can not free up the 400k for the transfer"...I mean come on.

Also the fact I know I can get players such as Fahey for free is to tempting,I should build my team up but do I really have to say everytime "no this is not realistic and I should not get this player in"?

This debate is turning into what is the definition of "playable". Some here think playable = game booting up. I guess I'm more discerning as this is 2010 and FM/CM is on it's 15th iteration. I expect to get more for my money than the game booting up. Playable to me means that there are no major issues to the core components of the game. World class players being offered at ridiculously low values, even to rivals, is a showstopper. This is especially frustrating since this was actually working well in FM10!!

i guess we are near the patch which i hope will fix most of the problems. so i suggest we to be positive and no matter what ,we should stay supportive for this company who gave us the best ever yearly game since along time SI is the best and even if they didn't make the best of games in 2011 version .. i am sure they are doing all they can. i know the game is not perfect but whining will NOT fix it. ALL we can do now is be supportive for SI.

This debate is turning into what is the definition of "playable". Some here think playable = game booting up. I guess I'm more discerning as this is 2010 and FM/CM is on it's 15th iteration. I expect to get more for my money than the game booting up. Playable to me means that there are no major issues to the core components of the game. World class players being offered at ridiculously low values, even to rivals, is a showstopper. This is especially frustrating since this was actually working well in FM10!!

Playable 'to you' isn't the definition of playable though, everyone has their own definition, and then there is an industry definition. The game is, by the games industry definition, playable. The saxaphone isn't 'playable' to me, just like the piano isn't, racing cars around a track isn't 'playable' to me, neither is darts or a whole other host of games, sports or various things aside from those. So in short the game is playable, if you're unable to play it perhaps go down to something easier like FMH or to one of the other simpler managing games on the market.

This is my game, and I live with it

It's got some bugs, but I still keep playing

The transfer thing is really bad, but it hasn't stopped the fun I've had

Good old GQ loves a damn good whine

But here's the really weird thing, despite thread after thread moaning

People spend their days playing it

This is my game, and it's fine

It's where I spend the vast majority of my time

It's not perfect, but it's fine.

It's not perfect...

But it's mine.

Archived