Is the Premier League a lot more optimized than the others?

I always find it much much easier managing in England.

Not sure why. Just realised that I don't have quite the same problems.

I think it might have something to do with the league/nation characteristics, and the leagues not being tested anywhere near as much as the English divisions.

What sort of problems do you experience in other leagues that you dont experience in England? I'm not sure what you mean by saying that other leagues are not tested as much as the English leagues though. I'm sure that the testers devote the same amount of time to all leagues.

The top leagues get more attention then others. So I'm sure they are more optimized.

I mean look at the save bug, all because of Polish leagues, so how often do they test/work with polish leagues.

But then you look at the MLS and its a mess, sure it's very different, but even areas outside the different regulations it's got no where near the attention the big leagues do.

Essentially, I find it much much easier to win games in English football.

I know nothing at all about the Championship. I don't follow it at all. But I went there after being unemployed. They were 13th after about 15 games and I was automatically promoted with 2 games to spare. It was a lot easier than I expected.

In Serie A, it is much much harder. The same sort of tactics and strategies dont seem to work. I was missing more CCCs, players were just not playing as well. Thats with Fiorentina, Udinese, Monza and AC Milan. Cannot get any of them playing well.

In England, I have managed Tottenham, Arsenal and Nott Forest, and everytime I have been easily within the top 4 every single time.

Probably has something to do with the fact that most of the market play in the UK (and Ireland :p) so there would be less problems. I find that other leagues aren't really working (like MLS). And there's a couple things I dislike about the Asian leagues.

But really, if you're managing in your comfort zone, with a team or league or in a country that you know well, you will obviously be successful. I'm good at managing in Asia, solely because I know that region well enough through FM to know how to win there.

I can't stand the lower levels in england. I've tried playing at various levels but the only time i've ever done well was when playing as Liverpool. I much prefer to play in the lower levels of Italy or Germany or somewhere much more obscure.

Eh? More obscure than my Northumbrian village? From the logo I deduce it's known for coal mining and a breed of dog; other than that, I've never heard of it.

I don't think it's impartial one way or the other in regards to if it's easier in the EPL. Everyone should know who to sign and who not to sign for any club. I always start my games as Newcastle and have a good idea who to buy. Fellaini, John Fleck, Aaron Ramsey, etc. For longer term targets I always go for Alexis Sanchez, Howedes, Carlos Eduardo, Javier Pastore, etc. Once you learn the names, you can use them for any club you go to.

I'm sure that the testers devote the same amount of time to all leagues.

Honestly? I'm sure the Northern Irish 2nd division is tested as much as the English Premier League.

Plus it's not necessary to do so. Most leagues operate the same way. You only need to test different kinds of leagues. MLS, Bundesliga, La Liga, English Premier League. Mostly due to how they are structured. MLS with the restrictions. Bundesliga with the back up teams, La Liga with the foreign restrictions, etc. You don't need to test the German 2nd the same amount as the 3rd. As they are pretty much the same.

And yes this game is biased toward England but only in terms of information. Look how deep the English pyramid goes compared to the other countries.

The truth is you know who to buy in England like someone else said. If you play in the Championship its more likely the same kind of players that YOU know will go there than lets say the Russian 2nd or 3rd divisions. And the fact most players would rather go to England than Russia.

Essentially, I find it much much easier to win games in English football.

In Serie A, it is much much harder. The same sort of tactics and strategies dont seem to work. I was missing more CCCs, players were just not playing as well. Thats with Fiorentina, Udinese, Monza and AC Milan. Cannot get any of them playing well.

In England, I have managed Tottenham, Arsenal and Nott Forest, and everytime I have been easily within the top 4 every single time.

This is due to the different tactical approaches. These are hard-coded in the game as attributes of managers as well as as club preferences of tactical approach. By this, the national differences are reflected in the game very well. Teams in England will wither favour the new global one-tocuh football style or tend towards the older direct English style. Italian clubs still today play more defensively, with shorter passing. Hardly any German manager has the standard 4-4-2 set as preferred formation, giving you a lot of diamond formations to play against.

Your opponents will thus always play quite differently, especially in England and Italy with their traditionally opposite approaches. Using the same tactic you should and will thus have different pros and cons vis a vis your opponents, depending on how the opponent plays.

It may thus well be that your tactic is suited to counter an English approach much better than the Italian approach. If you move from one country to another, you may well have to tinker around with your tactics a lot before you find the one which copes the best with the respective national particularities.

It's about the setting for preffered formations and style of play. These are incorporated into the database and thus will lead to managers letting their teams pllay as they would irl if researched well.

Necessarily if there is a kind of national style somewhere, you will have a lot of teams playing in a similar way, whereas they may play very differently from how teams in another country with different preferences will play.

Against those your tactic may or may not be suited, but it doesn't mean that one league is harder to play than another one - you just need to take a different approach to win it.

I've made this experience as well. I never really managed to get anything out of Italy with my tactics which worked wonders in England. I also destroyed the German league with a tactic with which I then did in no way overachieve in England. But two or three tweaks later it worked wonderfully again.

Archived