Does Tutoring do any use?

Early on in my game the Backroom Advice suggested that Van Der Sar tutor Ben Amos and Ferdinand the same to Chris Smalling. It seemed sensible enough so I went with it.

But a few months down the line I'm told that the youngsters have "gained nothing". I found this a little silly given that in real life the younger guys would have at least picked up something from the vastly experienced senior players.

Does the Tutoring only work with certain players?

It certainly gives something to the youngster ... if it is successful. But you can't be sure that it will be very successful. Most of that is based on chance, but the personalities play a part too, I am sure.

Even though it says 'Gained nothing', it doesn't mean that he actually gained absolutely no effect. Most likely the youngster's hidden stats changed .. but not by much.

You can read more on Tutoring here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/213536-Tutoring-results-test

Just be aware that I made that for FM10 .. and the rules as to who can tutor who have changed in FM11. I think most of it is still relevant though.

Wish SI would just come out and tell us these things instead of letting the community reverse engineer these algorithms.

I can't really argue with that statement ;) ... I didn't do all that reverse engineering for fun ... but it was the ONLY way to figure it out, and it still left me with tons of unanswered questions.

I am not saying we need matrixes showing how many percentages each personality has to impart something on another, and how much chance there is for an PPM to be imparted. But simple stuff like, who can tutor who and why, would be excellent.

I think it would be handy if you could ask your ass man to recommend a tutor for a specific player.

Yeah .. if one could trust him enough that he won't make a stupid suggestion, like they sometimes do in Backroom Meetings.

I can't really argue with that statement ;) ... I didn't do all that reverse engineering for fun ... but it was the ONLY way to figure it out, and it still left me with tons of unanswered questions.

I am not saying we need matrixes showing how many percentages each personality has to impart something on another, and how much chance there is for an PPM to be imparted. But simple stuff like, who can tutor who and why, would be excellent.

I think the most interesting part is the mystery of the three tutoring options. I've seen so many different theories/explanations on these boards. And it turns out it doesn't affect the actual tutoring process at all!! Who thinks of these feature designs? LOL

I think the most interesting part is the mystery of the three tutoring options. I've seen so many different theories/explanations on these boards. And it turns out it doesn't affect the actual tutoring process at all!! Who thinks of these feature designs? LOL

Yeah .. and now we have 4 options ... and no one knows what they do ... and seeing the lack of any tutoring (mechanics) discussions at all, I'd say no one can be bothered to look at it until SI changes how tutoring works.

i had some good results with tutoring. i guess things not work all the time is part of nature. and tutoring shouldn't do wonders all the time.i think you should keep trying and you will have great results occasionally. but NOT ALL THE TIME which is realistic to me.

Yeah .. and now we have 4 options ... and no one knows what they do ... and seeing the lack of any tutoring (mechanics) discussions at all, I'd say no one can be bothered to look at it until SI changes how tutoring works.

Really? What a shame! I was looking forward to using your guide when the game gets patched. After all the hard work you put into reverse engineering the FM10 tutoring process, SI goes and changes it for FM11. :D

well much of it is still true though .... except who exactly can tutor who. My test results should still be valid. And my guess is that they will change the mechanics back to something similar to FM10 than completely change it. I just HOPE that whatever changes they make for tutoring in the next patch, they at least document what they changed.

Archived