Overachieving Youngsters?

I was just wondering if you've ever had/seen a young (real) player turn in to a world class player who, in real life, would be highly unlikely to be that good in real life. For example, in FM10, Nathan Delfouneso of Aston Villa won World Player of the Year twice before 2014. I know he's quite a highly regarded youngster, so maybe thats not a great example! Any better ones?

I remember years ago, during the Champ Man days, Manchester United had a youngster called Daniel Nardiello, who on the game was World Player of the Year and was at Inter after a few seasons. In real life he's at Exeter now.

This is the problem SI have, and all they can do is reallign players each year.

Players are the next Pelé one minute, then they are playing in some second division for the rest of their career.

Freddy Adu is a good real life example. He should have been at Man Utd by now, breaking down barriers, winning team and personal honours. In fact, he plays in Portugal, isn't rated and didn't even make the World Cup squad.

Michael Branch was the next Michael Owen. He never did anything.

SI have to react to the hype surrounding a young player, but theres no way every 'Wonderkid' will become a top player in the future. Cherno Samba anyone?

Cherno Samba possibly the most famous CM/FM legend who didn't make it in real life.

There are loads, but on the flip side there are a lot who SI have correctly predicted would go on to be World Class before they were recognised in the real world.

Archived