Scout say player extremely interested but they won't open talks?

JB22

Has anyone else come up against this?

I am playing as Palace and scouted Tom Crainey, scout says he is extremely interested in joining the club but as soon as I bid for him his agent says he's not interested. I could understand if he wasn't seen to be interested but it seems odd that he wouldn't open talks when he is.

Is this a known bug? I've searched bug forum but couldn't see anything so wondered if it was common or just a one off.

No the scout is a good scout and the player has not signed a new contract, I've had him scouted by 3 scouts in fact and they all say he is extremely interested, it's only a Hull player to Palace, not out the realms of possibility

The scouts don't always get it right.

I have assistants who exclude players from the player search, who I can in fact sign.

No one is perfect.

The assistant always exclude all players that are not 'extremely interested.' This isn't some randomness, but it has been always like this. A player might be somewhat interested but the assistant manager will always exclude him unless he becomes extremely interested.

Tom Cairney becomes a great player and Hull are (at the start of the game) a bigger club than Palace. They're aiming for promotion straight back to the Prem. Surely he would want to stay at Hull?

Unless he has a better chance for first team play with Palace at the OP's current point in the time line.

My bet is it's an AI issue, either a bug and he's not actually interested like the above quote states. It could be the player likes the idea but the agent doesn't as mentioned earlier as well.

My bet is it's the agent and player not agreeing and this is where the true bug is for me... we can get this info on a players interest and such by scouting them, but we have no feedback at all how an agent is going to act until we actually try signing them... sure we can open the agents info and see his attributes and players he represents but NOTHING about if they'll negotiate at all or why they won't. More feedback would be nice, but what do you expect from a half done 'feature'.

Is there enough room in you wage budget to offer the player the contract he wants? In Fm 10 some players would not want to join unless you transfered money into the wage budget and set thier status higher than they requested. Ime not sure about this version but in FM10 you could offer a guy a contract even when he said he was not interested and sometimes they would sign anyway.

No the scout is a good scout and the player has not signed a new contract, I've had him scouted by 3 scouts in fact and they all say he is extremely interested, it's only a Hull player to Palace, not out the realms of possibility

Bear in mind that this judgement is nothing to do with JPA or JPP. the scout might be good at scouting but lousy at man-management. It may be some non-scouting attribute that determines his accuracy in judging a player's interest.

I tried to sign Xavi, Gerrard, Terry and Eto'o for Real Madrid who were all on free transfers. None of them wanted to negotiate, now thats fair enough with Xavi and Eto'o but why not Gerrard and Terry?

Also I declared interest in Messi and he said he would wait until I made an offer ... which I couldnt even offer a contract for! I declared interest in the next window again and the same thing happened.

If this is going to be the case why wouldnt he just say NO in the media.

I had this happen to me and it really looks like a bug since when you visit the player transfer page after his rejection, it says that your club is almost closing the deal and some time after you actually get a rejection from the player saying that your terms aren't acceptable(of course they weren't.. didn't even had a chance to offer them!)

Archived