Stagnation in financial growth!

I have a big problem with my team. Started with a mid-table team and after a few years got in the Champions League and finally won it. By doing this I ofcourse attracted bigger players who want more money. So far so good. Now I've got no less but a all-star team build up in the years. But spending about €7m on wages, the club decided to not grow anymore.

Sponsorships never grew along with the status of my club, so did the kit and TV moneys(i'm not even the top sponsorship team in my league despite winning the league 5 times consecutive and CL 3 times). I'm losing about €2,5m a month in mid season (ofcourse at the end prize money comes in). But still. I can't expand anymore with getting new players, because it gets me further in debts. I've got a stadium of 55k people, not able to expand.

What am I doing wrong?

Guest vegyegan

Did the sponsorship deals get renegotitated early on some can have a few years to run. Also, which league are you playing in? This can have an effect as tv money is fixed for some leagues I think this is due to license issues.

Are the amounts for sponsorship and TV revenue still rising at all? How far behind the top team are you in terms of sponsorship income?

I'd add too, you're probably not doing anything wrong. You've just reached the 'limit' for your club, so there's very little room left for minimal growth. As you said, you're only 2.5mil down at mid-season, so would be expected to be about 5 mil down by the end of the season, which is absolutely normal. Clubs generally rake in the cash at the end/beginning of the season, effectively building a massive kitty to last them through the rest of the season. It sounds like this is what's happening with you, and if it's only 5mil then I'd suggest you're probably actually very profitable after CL/league prize money, TV revenue, etc.

One other thing-

Now might be the time to start focusing on youth. As you said, you're paying a ton for wages as it is, so not much is left for transfers. Improve your youth academy, sign some promising teenagers, and reap the rewards in 5 years or so. Those that haven't developed into first team players can be sold for massive profit.

I think in terms of the sponsorship deals this is one of the biggest financial flaws in the game. For example in fm10, my villa team went from a championship side to world beaters in 10 years, and where I did get more money in the contracts that I already had. You don't get any new ones. Ever. Same with my betis team, they dominated spain for 10 years but didnt get one NEW sponsorship deal. And then you start a game with someone like Man Utd, you see they have about 20 different sponsorship deals. And even in the Betis game I never once got one of those huge TV deals, even when Real and Barca wern't qualifying for champions league anymore.

Are the amounts for sponsorship and TV revenue still rising at all? How far behind the top team are you in terms of sponsorship income?

I'd add too, you're probably not doing anything wrong. You've just reached the 'limit' for your club, so there's very little room left for minimal growth. As you said, you're only 2.5mil down at mid-season, so would be expected to be about 5 mil down by the end of the season, which is absolutely normal. Clubs generally rake in the cash at the end/beginning of the season, effectively building a massive kitty to last them through the rest of the season. It sounds like this is what's happening with you, and if it's only 5mil then I'd suggest you're probably actually very profitable after CL/league prize money, TV revenue, etc.

One other thing-

Now might be the time to start focusing on youth. As you said, you're paying a ton for wages as it is, so not much is left for transfers. Improve your youth academy, sign some promising teenagers, and reap the rewards in 5 years or so. Those that haven't developed into first team players can be sold for massive profit.

Its so hard to sell players in this version, its rediculous. Really hard to make money.

Did the sponsorship deals get renegotitated early on some can have a few years to run. Also, which league are you playing in? This can have an effect as tv money is fixed for some leagues I think this is due to license issues.

I assume the sponsorships got re-negotiated at least once, I'm in 2017 now. Every new season a message pops up about the league biggest sponsorship earners, and I'm not them. I don't know where to find the other teams incomes, but to me it is unfair, whilst outplaying all teams in the league and most of them in the Champions League, I still earn such a relative low amount of money. I'm playing the dutch Eredivisie now. We can send two teams to the CL, but this is going to change to three soon when I look at the co-efficients. You could me right about the TV-money, I know this takes years and years to change.

Its so hard to sell players in this version, its rediculous. Really hard to make money.

So I hear. On the other hand, I struggle to keep hold of my players! Every year I seem to shed half the squad because I can't keep the bigger clubs' grubby mitts of my best players (or even my rubbish players, for that matter!). I think what you mean is it's hard to sell players you want to sell; but it seems impossible for me to hold onto the ones I don't want to sell. Youth players are easy though- Just let their contracts expire and more often than not they'll stick around til another club comes in with a contract, landing you way more than what they're worth in compensation. Risky, but it works.

One other thing-

No Tv money never got bigger, sponsorships either.

By 2,5 being down in mid-season every month I mean the message popping up at the end of the month saying "profit/loss was ....€" this is by month, so the loss raises about 10 teams a year, except for the "prize-money-month". But two seasons ago this never happened. P/L was about 0 every month, making a huge profit at the end of the season. This is maybe, because I can't get rid of that stinking Robinho earning 625k a month and never playing a game.

Sell players to earn more money....

No option. My team is too good to take apart, and selling players only boosts the profits ONCE. I want a structural profitable club without selling the big-shots and keep going for another CL win.

By 2,5 being down in mid-season every month I mean the message popping up at the end of the month saying "profit/loss was ....€" this is by month, so the loss raises about 10 teams a year

Oh I see... Hmm...

This is maybe, because I can't get rid of that stinking Robinho earning 625k a month and never playing a game.

Well, I think we found your problem :D

Guest vegyegan

I think you have 2 choices, keep going and hope prize/tv money goes up when 3 teams are in the champions league or move to an other club in a bigger league.

Oh I see... Hmm...

Well, I think we found your problem :D

Lol! But still, when I get rid of him there is space in the wage structure again, which means I will get another player earning that much, thus changing in fact nothing (except for getting a good player instead of that monkey. Can't even stand his face anymore while I go to his player profile).

I think you have 2 choices, keep going and hope prize/tv money goes up when 3 teams are in the champions league or move to an other club in a bigger league.

I can hope, but will it ever change? Don't know what this all means. Maybe nothing changes after all and I've spend hundreds of hours an a game that isn't even realistic.

And my heart belongs to this club. Got some huge offers from other clubs but always slam "REJECT" in a blink of an eye. No way I'm leaving

i know its annoying, but unfortunately fm games are never complete until the third patch. If you want just some casual fun on an incomplete game, then play now. But if you want a realistic game with minimal bugs then you just have to wait for the final patch

Guest vegyegan

I dont know which leagues change and which dont, I dont think SI have released that, there was a thread about the league rep. I know I aint been much help sorry. I hope it improves

i know its annoying, but unfortunately fm games are never complete until the third patch. If you want just some casual fun on an incomplete game, then play now. But if you want a realistic game with minimal bugs then you just have to wait for the final patch

sperlz a patch has nothing do to with the issues he's facing.

OP think the problem is that there is no real way to expand the commerciall side, as a manager or through the board, to be honest im not sure what you can do im afraid. Think you somehow need to cut the dross (robinho) from the team. but right now you seem to have grown has large as you can, untill the next sponsorship negotiations. Take a note of when the next one ends, and see if it changes when renewed

all leagues will have dynamic prize money depending on how far you go up in rating, however some countrys will never make as much money as others thats just world finances for you. Plus a 55k stadium is nothing compared to the really big teams, i would suggest looking to expand that further, some of the bigger teams have almost double that attendance wise.

all leagues will have dynamic prize money depending on how far you go up in rating, however some countrys will never make as much money as others thats just world finances for you. Plus a 55k stadium is nothing compared to the really big teams, i would suggest looking to expand that further, some of the bigger teams have almost double that attendance wise.

55k is pretty average/good imo. But expanding is impossible due to lack of space, and there are not enough funds to build a new one (also one of the reasons I want to be more healthy on the financial side).

And @themadsheep, will. Tho I can only find when the kit s'ship ends. It says 2018 (Jan or Dec? doesn't say). Can find nothing on "normal" sponsorships.

55k is pretty average/good imo. But expanding is impossible due to lack of space, and there are not enough funds to build a new one (also one of the reasons I want to be more healthy on the financial side).

And @themadsheep, will. Tho I can only find when the kit s'ship ends. It says 2018 (Jan or Dec? doesn't say). Can find nothing on "normal" sponsorships.

there should be a list of each sponsorship. Im not at home ATM, but when i get back in a couple of hours, I will post a screenshot of where its found

the problem really is your outspending for your clubs stature, it will take years and years to build the nation up to a top standard, if you are just getting 3 teams in the champs league then there is still massive room for improvement. Cut your wage bill, focus on youth, and selling good youth players is a must! Then get your stadium improved and start increasing the wage budget, you have to learn how to balance it all if you want to improve otherwise your club will stagnate and decline.

55,000 is not actually massive tho, the big teams will be raking in much more in gate receipts and season tickets.

No option. My team is too good to take apart, and selling players only boosts the profits ONCE. I want a structural profitable club without selling the big-shots and keep going for another CL win.

Yes, option ;)

Get promising players, amke them good, sell for profit. Buy new one, repeat ad infinitum. Selling the top player hurts, but it'll make your finances good in the long run. Besides, you'll soon get a new one that's just as good or even better. Just make sure you have a core that you don't touch, like one central defender, one central midfielder and one striker, that you decide you won't ever sell. The rest should be for sale when they reach 27, and they should definitely be gone when they turn 30.

It's how most FM-players make money I believe, at least I do, I can't really see how it's possible to keep finances healthy without massive cash from sales....

Archived