I am English, but living in France ... will the game be in English?

Hi guys,

So the title says it all really, I am a student living in France and a huge fan of Football Manager.

It is being sold in my local supermarket and it is hard to resist the urge to buy it !!!

However, I think it would ruin the game for me if it were in French, so I am wondering is there an option to install and play it in English? I mean I assume so but I need definite responses..

I really hope there is !!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Well the second patch is going out this month.. probably in one week, so hopefully it will make the game more clean and playable than now.. I don't say it's not worth now, but I suggest you to buy it and wait for the patch..

Well the second patch is going out this month.. probably in one week, so hopefully it will make the game more clean and playable than now.. I don't say it's not worth now, but I suggest you to buy it and wait for the patch..

Ok I just bought it, but there ARE NOT any other languages apart from French :(

Please tell me i can download a language pack??

unfortunately the french version just has french language so i have just wasted €49.99.

i feel like killing myself.

Sorry to hear that, rather strange it won't let you change the language :s as you seen from my version in the screen shot it lets me change it to any of the other languages.

I'm sure there's a work around some how, just can't think of any personally.

Sorry to hear that, rather strange it won't let you change the language :s as you seen from my version in the screen shot it lets me change it to any of the other languages.

I'm sure there's a work around some how, just can't think of any personally.

It's ok , I am currently downloading the first patch from the official website hoping ....

and I wish there was an official language patch rather than on dodgy torrents sites...

I wanted to play the game in Portuguese so it was suggested I downloaded the FM 2011 Demo and just copy the appropiate language file from the Demo into the correct file location for FM and it worked a treat.

Demo: http://www.footballmanager.com/demo

Then when you find the English language file (My Comp > C: > Program Files > FM Demo > Data > Languages) just copy/cut and paste in the appropiate folder (C: > Program Files > FM 2011 > Data > Languages)

Hope that helps.

I wanted to play the game in Portuguese so it was suggested I downloaded the FM 2011 Demo and just copy the appropiate language file from the Demo into the correct file location for FM and it worked a treat.

Demo: http://www.footballmanager.com/demo

Then when you find the English language file (My Comp > C: > Program Files > FM Demo > Data > Languages) just copy/cut and paste in the appropiate folder (C: > Program Files > FM 2011 > Data > Languages)

Hope that helps.

Aha!!!

Thank you I just uninstalled the demo but I will install it again and fingers crossed I can get the language pack !!! :)

Archived