Quick question: Can you buy players when managing B teams?

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked anywhere but couldn't find.

Just noticed yesterday, as reading the news that b teams coaches where sacked, that I could apply for the job. Did not tried to do so, but is it really possible to manage a b team and if yes, do you have a budget and can buy players? If not, what players do you have in you squad? Can you use the players that the AI manager from the main team mark as available for reserves and youth players?

Thank you.

Best regards.

Starting managing a b team yesterday, apparently it is like if you are managing a main team but noticed and thought of a few twists that makes it different and left me with curiosity to continue the game:

- Main team calls players from b team (obviously) and just lost what was by far my best striker to them. Will be nice to see if they will also call good players that i eventually will buy and not just players that were already in the club.

- Eventually injured players may be sent to b team to gain fitness and I will be able to play them.

- I can move youth players to my team.

- Main team is linked as parent club (did not explore if I could remove the link and look for other parent clubs).

- Could not renegotiate new contracts as every player that I tried said he did not wanted to discuss with my club. Even players which were "happy to be at the club" and are not big profiles. Don't know if this is natural or if it is the way to prevent me from renegotiating contracts and renew with them. Did not tried to do so with youth players though.

- The b team has a wage budget, which when I started was about 18K and was spending 26K or something similar. Still to understand if players sent to the b team from the main team add their wages to this.

It looks like a good way to have a different kind of challenges while managing but I am just starting and don't know what issues could come along the way.

If everyone has any experience with this would be nice to know.

Best.

Starting managing a b team yesterday, apparently it is like if you are managing a main team but noticed and thought of a few twists that makes it different and left me with curiosity to continue the game:

- Main team calls players from b team (obviously) and just lost what was by far my best striker to them. Will be nice to see if they will also call good players that i eventually will buy and not just players that were already in the club.

They do! Although last year they also released players they deemed unworthy (although they were much more worthy for your level) of a place in the team.

- Eventually injured players may be sent to b team to gain fitness and I will be able to play them.

- I can move youth players to my team.

- Main team is linked as parent club (did not explore if I could remove the link and look for other parent clubs).

- Not just injured players. Players deemed surplus to the team for that season will be moved to your team.

- Yep, and you can move players down to the youth team too with no problem (as long as they are under age)

- You cannot cancel the link and find another parent club. It is basically set in stone.

- Could not renegotiate new contracts as every player that I tried said he did not wanted to discuss with my club. Even players which were "happy to be at the club" and are not big profiles. Don't know if this is natural or if it is the way to prevent me from renegotiating contracts and renew with them. Did not tried to do so with youth players though.

- The b team has a wage budget, which when I started was about 18K and was spending 26K or something similar. Still to understand if players sent to the b team from the main team add their wages to this.

- It is very annoying. Especially when they seem to accept new contracts if you are the Senior Side and the AI B team manager offers them a contract.

- I have never thought about that - nor checked which is weird for me

It looks like a good way to have a different kind of challenges while managing but I am just starting and don't know what issues could come along the way.

If everyone has any experience with this would be nice to know.

Best.

The only other annoying thing is the whole every B team is classed as insecure in finances! Even when they have a few million in the bank!

Don't know! Got too ****ed off with the fact when you sign a player they don't appear in any squad (but all news items allow you to go to their profile when it said Player Name - B Team club name). I had to knock them to U19's then up again so started a game with Compostela

I doubt its been fixed, though they confirmed it would be. Would like someone to confirm though. (??)

The B team scenario is a great one if SI could implement it properly. As a B team manager you can sign players but they can be called up by the A team at any time however should the A team get sacked or retire then as B team manager you automatically get the opportunity to prove yourself in the post, sometimes resulting in getting the top job. Unfortunately SI have failed (repeatedly) to implement this. Preferring to cater for those solely interested in the English leagues. Nothing wrong in this except the English leagues haven't changed in about 10 years and there is no B team mentality making the game far too constant. Annoying really as its a missed opportunity.

ATW:

I think that problem is solved as I bought only one player and after reading your post went to check and he was in the squad.

jsolloso:

You are right, it is not fixed... Got to the 1st official match and only 3 players available to play. They are the best ones, that should be why they are registered by the main team but still... Sad, because I was enjoying the challenge.

It is also annoying that youth players are constantly being dropped to the u19 squad and you have to always call them back, it would make sense that they were just "marked" as available for youth team...

Best.

ATW:

I think that problem is solved as I bought only one player and after reading your post went to check and he was in the squad.

jsolloso:

You are right, it is not fixed... Got to the 1st official match and only 3 players available to play. They are the best ones, that should be why they are registered by the main team but still... Sad, because I was enjoying the challenge.

It is also annoying that youth players are constantly being dropped to the u19 squad and you have to always call them back, it would make sense that they were just "marked" as available for youth team...

Best.

SI confirm its been fixed and we both see the same problem. Dunno what to do, I think the way they treat the non English league side of the game is a joke even though I usually manage in the Premiership I still like the other leagues to work well as I want to join them if/when I can. Its a shame, I really think its not tested properly as all testers are likely English and always choose the same teams.

Archived