FM07 - might be sacked after 13 successful seasons? Help!

Sorry if this is a long post, please bear with me, and sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place.

Yes, I'm still playing FM07, I'm 34 now and grew up with this game from the days of CM93. Now I have these 'responsibilities' like a family so I don’t get to play much (or, er, buy new versions of the game, sorry), however in 3+ years (real time) I've made it through 13 seasons (game time).

I've taken the quite frankly awful conference south side Welling United to finishing 4th in league one, I have no debt, £3.8m in the bank, the club is now valued at £3.6m, the average attendance is about 10,000 and I've been in a league cup semi final.

However, I've just had a news story that a 'consortium including a former player' are making a bid to buy the club and if successful will appoint some new guy as manager.

I realise this game is a simulation and these things happen in real life (Sam Alledyce yesterday) but I've invested 8 or 9 days of my life in total into this game and I am well aware this is more than likely the last ever FM game I'll play (see bit about age and family above) so I'm really annoyed about this.

Am I screwed? Is there anything I can do to stop this happening? I don’t want to continue at another club, even if I got offered a top premiership or international job (I wont) I'd turn it down, I just want to see how far I can take this team and I'm in touching distance of the championship.

My last resort (if I'm sacked) is to just 'add a manager' and create a new person and take over welling again but that means all the stats and history of my 'character' in the game has will be lost and a lot of my players have me under favoured personnel now so it might increase the chance of them leaving.

Do I have any other options if I get sacked? Can I use the editor to simply change the the new guy to 'unemployed' and then change me back to welling manager? Or will that mess other things up in the game?

I wont lose any sleep over doing this and being branded a 'cheat' by the way

Don't be worried too much by this news item.

Way more often than not the new board will not sack you. This news item is just speculation.

Maybe you should save regularly to be able to reload and retry if you are sacked after the takeover has been completed.

If FMRTE 2007 is still available, you can attach yourself again as manager. Although, maybe the bid will fall through or maybe they won't replace you so you'd better wait and see what happens.

FMRTE didn't exist in 2007. The equivalent was called FMM.

jayahr's advice is sound, though.

I was in the same situation with Harrogate Town (I too still play it occasionally) with the proposed new chairman threatening to replace me with a manager of their own choosing. Chairman took over gave me a month to see how I did (very well in this case) and I kept my job and stayed on for another 6 ish years.

Archived