player value issue

How can Modric be worth only 8-9m € and Cambiasso is almost 20m €, Pandev is like 11-12m €. There are many other examples where player value is too low like Xavi is around 20m, Xabi Alonso around 11m, Gourcuff around 12m even though his transfer on the start of season was 20m. And then in the end of a season there are so many unrealistic under 10m € transfers where some players leave when even if they are unhappy the transfer value should be at least double. So do we yet again have to wait for 3rd patch to play the game!?

Guest vegyegan

I think there is a problem with the players values, they never seem to go up in my team. I have a left winger/attacking midfielder who is 26 won the league 3 times on the bounce, playing in nearly everygame scoring goals and creating assists (once the highest assists in the league), winning players player of the year once, a europa cup, Champions league, Fa cup. This player has 4 years on his contract to run and is happy at the club yet his value has not risen from day one. If the above doesnt have any bearing on a players value then Im lost. Oh also averages above 7.2 in all three seasons!!!

I think there is a problem with the players values, they never seem to go up in my team. I have a left winger/attacking midfielder who is 26 won the league 3 times on the bounce, playing in nearly everygame scoring goals and creating assists (once the highest assists in the league), winning players player of the year once, a europa cup, Champions league, Fa cup. This player has 4 years on his contract to run and is happy at the club yet his value has not risen from day one. If the above doesnt have any bearing on a players value then Im lost. Oh also averages above 7.2 in all three seasons!!!

Im also curious about how player value changes. It doesn't seem to fluctuate a lot.

When I sign young new players (especially from abroad) they are very valuable, and tend to keep this value for years, even though they never or rarely play. Young players that have come through my own ranks tend to have lower value, even though they are better players - probably a rep. question.

However regarding my keepers their value seems to be a lot more tied to how many games they play. I have had two instances of keepers ten timing their value after playing half a season, but then dropping to their original after being benched.

I recognize that player value should be tied to both player and club reputation, but I think there is to little emphasis on how they perform.

Guest vegyegan

Are you sure I have a player who has played brilliantly for 3 seasons. In this time he has had a new contract and the value didnt change.

It's based on the value of the contract...

I.e. 100k a week for 3 years = a £15, 600,000 player

so based on that fact, Ronaldo should be worth ~60m (200k, 5 year contract) and yet noone is rated more than 37m (unless signed for more)

I would also like to know this, surely a person who scores 20-30 goals (from the bench) would go up in value from 7.5m

It's based on the value of the contract...

I.e. 100k a week for 3 years = a £15, 600,000 player

Maybe that is part of the value calculation, but obviously not the only factor.

As stated: I have had 2 goalkeepers who had their value massively increase and decrease due to them playing consistently for half a season. (they didn't get new contracts).

Maybe that is part of the value calculation, but obviously not the only factor.

As stated: I have had 2 goalkeepers who had their value massively increase and decrease due to them playing consistently for half a season. (they didn't get new contracts).

Yes, having thought a bit more, how about appearance bonuses and cleansheet bonuses paid out. There might be a point where beacuse the player isn't generating any 'extras' his value decreases back to the vlaue of the contract, and when they are playign regularly and picking up bonuses the value increases.

Not 100% on that but it seems logical. I'm an accountant, and I remeber studying RL player contracts and they way clubs do it is to put the value of the full contract on the books as the value of the asset, as it is ultimatley subjective.

Archived