Home grown issue - can I loan youngsters out to foreign clubs?

I'm currently playing in the Norwegiann league, and because there's a limit on 11 foreign players, I really need that home grown status... Now the issue at hand: I've bought a young belgian goalie, with a view to play him in a couple of years. For the mean time, I'm planning to loan him out. However, no Norwegian first division teams want him, the only club wanting him on loan is Nottingham Forest.

If I send him over to England on loan, will I wreck his home-grown status? Or will it still count towards that, since I wil be the owner?

Thanks in advance.

Well as far as NFF is concerned,this is a non-issue... A young foreign guy playing for a Norwegian club has never been loaned out to a foreign club, and probably never will either... So the NFF won't have any rules to cover such a situation(proper rules that is, I'm sure they're more than able to ruin football once again if given the chance).

There will definitely be a rule.

There is no way a football competition would leave a glaring loop hole like that.

Just because the rule hasn't been practiced, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Nah, I highly doubt that they'd tailored something to this specific situation... Given the other sillyness in their rules....

There will definitely be a rule.

There is no way a football competition would leave a glaring loop hole like that.

Just because the rule hasn't been practiced, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I've checked the official rule about HomeGrown players, and it's pretty specific about that, also because it differs from UEFA's official position.

UEFA takes into account where the players play, loan or not loan.

NFF takes into account which club OWNS the player, as long as the loan takes place at Norwegian highest and next-highest level.

So, as nothing different is pointed out, I'd guess the time spent on loan abroad will count as HomeGrown time for the "loanee" club, just as per UEFA's general rules.

P.S. I'm not surprised NFF didn't come up with a clear rule for that scenario... Top Stars can barely attract interest from abroad, I can hardly see foreing clubs being willing to loan some random backup/youngster.

P.P.S. Tore, why so harsh on NFF? For a change I think the LUS-rule isn't half bad...

Archived