Training players in a new position

If I'm training a player in a position, when can I stop doing so? When he becomes natural in the position? Just asking because I've had players who had attained a certain position then lost it after I stopped training them - but that only happened to people who had it as "accomplished".

I think it depends ... if he keeps playing in that position, he should be able to keep his level fairly easy, if his Adaptability stat is not very low. If so, he might need constant training to keep the position at a green level.

It takes ages to train them to natural, about a year extra than normal, but they won't ever loose it if they get it to natural.

Yeah I know but I've managed to make the player in question natural. And he's been playing there for a few years, with success. However now I'd like to try him in another position.

if he has retrained to 'natural' and you stop playing him in that role, he could eventually lose it again (I think adaptability is important here - hidden attribute).

Basically, if his adaptability is low then he will drop to accomplished, then competent and down through the levels again but you can only find out by removing the training AND playing him somewhere else... (or FMRTE/similar but I didn't say that ;) )

No, the key attribute is VERSATILITY. If he's versatile he can learn quickly and retain that knowledge. The lower it is the longer it takes to learn, but also the more quickly he forgets. So probably the OP has players whose versatility attribute is not high enough, in which case it's a case of flogging a dead horse.

I have retrained my star NEWGEN in 4 different positions and this is his 2nd season with my club. He was Accomplished DMC and compitant in DC and trained him up in that till he was Accomplished, then retrained him in MC then AMC and most recently Striker, all in 2 years at my club.

That's a problem of the game since years. It never becomes natural(Ok, i pick the position that i desire him to play, and i play him in that position. But position start to disappear if i don't play him in that position or don't pick position in "New Position".). Remember players like Sergio Ramos. He was a D C, and he is natural D R now. That should be available in the game too...

That's a problem of the game since years. It never becomes natural(Ok, i pick the position that i desire him to play, and i play him in that position. But position start to disappear if i don't play him in that position or don't pick position in "New Position".). Remember players like Sergio Ramos. He was a D C, and he is natural D R now. That should be available in the game too...

it does become natural, but they have to play there regularly and be training to learn the position (or they do in my experience) and as mentioned, if their versatility (thanks phnompenhandy) attribute is high they'll remember it and if it's low they'll forget it after you stop playing/training them in that position

Archived