The proposed SPL changes and a custom league.

Hello. Many of you may have seen by now the proposed changes to the SPL to "make it better". Whats everyones thoughts on them?

While a agree and disagree with the proposal, I want to do one myself with FM11, loosely based on their proposals.

Here is what I want -

16 Team SPL1

16/18/20 or more team SPL2 (what do you think?)

Regional pyramid, i.e. Northern, Central, South West and South East leagues (team number suggestions?)

SPL1 to have 2 auto demotions and 1 play off demotion

SPL2 2 auto promotions and play off promotion

SPL2 demotions - well, I would like 4 down to tie in with the number of regional leagues however, how do you implement that when there may be say 2 Central teams going down and 2 Northern teams going down, meaning no Southern? That would mean that the Southern leagues would be a team short whilst the Central and Northern teams have now too many. Come someone shed light on that?

Would someone be able to tell me how I can find out all the northern based teams, central etc because I cannot remember them?

I would leave the league rep as it is and try to get it up myself but, if i do create a custom league, is it susceptable to dynamic rep as with the other leagues, and as the SPL TV revenues are hard coded, would any custom league I create be the same? (being based on the SPL).

Anyone have any thoughts on my plans? Are they stupid?

Archived