Another bug, substitution

Please do not move that in the bugs section. it is the second bug i am reporting and the previous one had no answer in 3-4 days....

So, i am in a match. 70th minutes and my 37-year-old (!!!!) defender has less than 80% stamina and a yellow card. In order to make things better i am substituting him with another defender. Guess what! He is unhappy, and he asks for a transfer right away!!!! If this is not a bug then what it? I should mention that he is a player i bought 1 month ago....

it happens what in real life? let's not confuse things. i didn't talk about a player, being substituted, throwing his shirt and being forced out. i talked about a 37 year old player, low in stamina, with a yellow card in the last 15 minuts being fairly substituted and asking to leave only a month after he signed. let's be realistic please.

and no, i didn't post that to the bugs section because as i said before, no one cares there

Firstly, if its a bug, then it needs to be in the bugs forum. The reason I expect that this didnt get much response there is that its hardly a bug, its not even, depending on the players personality, even remotely odd.

He had over 80% and you considered that a requirement for subbing him? If I did that I would sub two thirds of my team at half time!

If you want to look at real life - well you couldnt get a better example - tevez - he through an utter wobbly when manchini subbed him live on tv at the weekend, and now he wants a transfer - wrong personality, wrong place, wrong manger.

I love what people consider "bugs". A "bug" is when there is a glitch in the programming that produces a result not intended by the programmer. Thus, if in response to your attempt to sub, the player had remained on the field and not been substituted, that would be a "bug." If the player had thrown a hissy even though you did NOT substitute him, as if you had, that is a "bug." If a player responds badly to your management decision, that's not a "bug," that's a WAD. ;)

If your other "bug" was equally non-buggish, then it's no shock they didn't respond as you had hoped.

First learn what bug is and then try to teach others. The game is programmed wrongly and accepts things that shouldn't happen. this equals bugs. coming to think about it, no response is better than some childish responses. Why SI is so buggy? because people like you enable it

First learn what bug is and then try to teach others. The game is programmed wrongly and accepts things that shouldn't happen. this equals bugs. coming to think about it, no response is better than some childish responses. Why SI is so buggy? because people like you enable it

I am quite well aware of what a "bug" is; I've been a programmer in the past. A "bug" is an unexpected defect; that is, something that doesn't work as the programmer intended. Thus, if my program is intended to sort numbers from smallest to largest, and it sorts them largest to smallest, that's a bug. But if it sorts them largest to smallest as I intended, but everyone using my software would prefer them smallest to largest, that's not a bug, that's just software that doesn't do what the users want.

Or to put it in terms of the game we are discussing: Prestatyn in Wales normally have red home kits, and blue away kits. However, this year is their centenary year, so they are playing at home in blue. Someone at SI knew this, because the game dresses the team in blue at home, etc. However, they didn't tell the part of the program that avoids color conflicts to look in the right spot for the home colors, so you end up watching Prestatyn's opponents come into Bastion Gardens wearing blue, and you get to see Prestatyn play away against red opponents in their red kit. That's a "bug", an unintended result.

Here, you are not asserting that the game is not doing what they intended. You are, at best, asserting that it isn't doing what they should have intended. More correctly, as others have pointed out, you're simply asserting that you don't like how the game is modeling the real world, despite evidence that would show that the result is not unrealistic, even if it were rare. Neither of those is a "bug."

As for "childish" responses, your last post seems to be poster child, don't you think? Petulant, improper grammar/punctuation, and containing an ad hominem argument.

Finally, SI does what it does because the game is quite successful. If you don't like the game so "buggy" (as you put it), why buy it in the first place?

He had over 80% and you considered that a requirement for subbing him? If I did that I would sub two thirds of my team at half time!

Didn't he say "he had less than 80% stamina and a yellow card."

But still if he is a first choice defender I probably wouldn't sub him out depending on the situation.

I would also suggest that this player is someone who you wouldn't want on your team anyway if he behaves like that.

Please do not move that in the bugs section. it is the second bug i am reporting and the previous one had no answer in 3-4 days....

So, i am in a match. 70th minutes and my 37-year-old (!!!!) defender has less than 80% stamina and a yellow card. In order to make things better i am substituting him with another defender. Guess what! He is unhappy, and he asks for a transfer right away!!!! If this is not a bug then what it? I should mention that he is a player i bought 1 month ago....

This is not a bug.

And for those interested, Hossam Ghaly is the said Egyptian.

There is no way this is a bug. Ever. At all. Not a chance. Could it not be that you signed him as a key player or maybe important first team player and that's why he got upset? Maybe he's just an a--hole :p

By the way, who is the said player? I'd like to check his personal stats in game.

80% fitness and you subbed him? :O

I play my players until they haven't got the strength to kick the ball, then leave them for 5 more minutes in case they get a second wind...

80%? Jeesh, I have subs with less fitness than that some games :/

At 37 I'd think he might have enough nous to not get a second booking unnecessarily if that was your fear...

Archived